Gods: Who's been given stats so far?

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, if I remember right, Bahamut, Tiamat, Torog, Vecna and Lolth have been given stats in 4th ed.  Are there any other gods yet that have gotten the divine treatment?  I really enjoy placing gods at the ends of campaigns for players to kill, mainly for my own devious reasons.
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." --Bill Cosby (1937- ) Vanador: OK. You ripped a gateway to Hell, killed half the town, and raised the dead as feral zombies. We're going to kill you. But it can go two ways. We want you to run as fast as you possibly can toward the south of the town to draw the Zombies to you, and right before they catch you, I'll put an arrow through your head to end it instantly. If you don't agree to do this, we'll tie you this building and let the Zombies rip you apart slowly. Dimitry: God I love being Neutral. 4th edition is dead, long live 4th edition. Salla: opinionated, but commonly right.
fun quotes
58419928 wrote:
You have to do the work first, and show you can do the work, before someone is going to pay you for it.
69216168 wrote:
If you can't understand how someone yelling at another person would make them fight harder and longer, then you need to look at the forums a bit closer.
quote author=56832398 post=519321747]Considering DnD is a game wouldn't all styles be gamist?[/quote]

Maglibuyet has been stated in the Bane article and three orc deities are stated in The Plane Above.

So, if I remember right, Bahamut, Tiamat, Torog, Vecna and Lolth have been given stats in 4th ed.  Are there any other gods yet that have gotten the divine treatment?  I really enjoy placing gods at the ends of campaigns for players to kill, mainly for my own devious reasons.

I richly want stats for Asmodeus before they axe 4th. He is the one evil god worth killing over and over again.
Maglibuyet has been stated in the Bane article and three orc deities are stated in The Plane Above.

Thanks.  Although to be clear, I meant the gods listed within the DMG: Avandra, Asmodeus, Bahamut, Bane, Corellon, Erathis, Gruumsh, Ioun, Kord, Lolth, Melora, Moradin, Pelor, Sehanine, The Raven Queen, Tharzidun, Tiamat, Torog, Vecna and Zehir.  Bolded ones I know are statted out, Italics for evil gods.  Hell, they've at least got 5 more gods that good guys could fight against and kill by my count.
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." --Bill Cosby (1937- ) Vanador: OK. You ripped a gateway to Hell, killed half the town, and raised the dead as feral zombies. We're going to kill you. But it can go two ways. We want you to run as fast as you possibly can toward the south of the town to draw the Zombies to you, and right before they catch you, I'll put an arrow through your head to end it instantly. If you don't agree to do this, we'll tie you this building and let the Zombies rip you apart slowly. Dimitry: God I love being Neutral. 4th edition is dead, long live 4th edition. Salla: opinionated, but commonly right.
fun quotes
58419928 wrote:
You have to do the work first, and show you can do the work, before someone is going to pay you for it.
69216168 wrote:
If you can't understand how someone yelling at another person would make them fight harder and longer, then you need to look at the forums a bit closer.
quote author=56832398 post=519321747]Considering DnD is a game wouldn't all styles be gamist?[/quote]
Aren't Bahamut and Vecna just stats for avatars? I think we got avatar stats for Bane, too, in that same article that would have had Maglubiyet.
there are some custom stat sheets for gods in the monster and races forums

but note, they are a lot more powerful than the gods you are used to seeing.
Aren't Bahamut and Vecna just stats for avatars? I think we got avatar stats for Bane, too, in that same article that would have had Maglubiyet.

no, full god stats

there are some custom stat sheets for gods in the monster and races forums

but note, they are a lot more powerful than the gods you are used to seeing.

Yeah, I'm not so interested in fan built stuff.  I could make the gods myself if I really wanted to, but I prefer to have people who know the system craft the legendaries (Gods, Demon Lords, Primordials, Archdevils, Archfey, etc).

I really wish we had more of all of them, though.  More epic dudes.
fun quotes
58419928 wrote:
69216168 wrote:
I'd like to see stats for Bane.  He wasn't statted in the Dragon #372 article.  There were a couple of aspects (the Centurion -L26- and the Imperator -L29-) and stats for Maglubiyet of course.  

I personally think an opportunity was missed there.  One reason for the omission might be because the designers have never seemed to agree on on whether dieities are within reach of the PCs (or not).  I'd go with the former myself ;).  That being the case, we're not likely to see all the gods of 4e ever statted I think.

My longest running PC in 4e was a tiefling warlord named Tyr (or Tyranny).  He venerated Bane, focused less on the deity's tyrannical aspects and more on his identity as a god of war and order (an option actually mentioned in the article).

Anyway, I've always wondered what Tyr might have thought or did if it was revealed that Bane was indeed a tyrant (not a nice guy).  I'd love to see his true stats but, the aspects from the article are still available (they'll have to do I guess).
/\ Art
I'd like to see stats for Bane.  He wasn't statted in the Dragon #372 article.  There were a couple of aspects (the Centurion -L26- and the Imperator -L29-) and stats for Maglubiyet of course.  

I personally think an opportunity was missed there.  One reason for the omission might be because the designers have never seemed to agree on on whether dieities are within reach of the PCs (or not).  I'd go with the former myself ;).  That being the case, we're not likely to see all the gods of 4e ever statted I think.

IIRC the argument of the author was that as a level 37 solo soldier Bane would be a waste of space due to being un-hittable by level 30 PCs.

However that was before solos received their -2 defense nerf and PCs their +3 expertise buff.

Thus the gap between a level 30 PC attack bonus and the defenses of a potential lvl 37 solo soldier Bane has been decreased by 5 points.

And isn't Bahamut a level 37 soldier?

That said, we can wish for this stuff all we like, we won't get it.  We're in the "Edition Neutral" phase of 4e, the equivalent of Hospice.  It's possible we'll see this sort of thing as Dungeon content, I suppose that'd be an easy enough thing for them to do while we await the death of one edition and the birth of another.

I think he was in the preview, but then was lvl 36 in the actual book

That said, we can wish for this stuff all we like, we won't get it.  We're in the "Edition Neutral" phase of 4e, the equivalent of Hospice.  It's possible we'll see this sort of thing as Dungeon content, I suppose that'd be an easy enough thing for them to do while we await the death of one edition and the birth of another.

Or the 4th edition fans can band together and make and test their own content.  If we could just stop bickering or being bitter for five minutes.

I mean, I plan on playing 4th ed until 5th can find a way to fraw me away.  Or until the next revision inevitably comes along.
fun quotes
58419928 wrote:
69216168 wrote:
I Honestly rather not have Stats for Gods,  Avataurs or such however can be Given stats.

Giving stats to a God or such just makes people want to metagame think or start going NO THAT GOD CANT DO THAT!
or try to run the game themselfs

I dont mind giving power to the gamers but giving them absolte power over eveything just ruins it.

I plan on staying with 4E As Well As a Old 2E / AD&D Player I find 4E Is very nice
Made me <3 Each time I leveled up (Unlike AD&D/3E where half the time its like ... ooo HPS woopie) Evey class had fluff.
the Wizard is not a Glass Cannon as much (I can take a Hit from a sling and live <3 I Can cast spells in each Combat I have in a day not just whimpy half arshed spells or spend them all in 1 Combat in a day like in 3E/AD&D and even then AD&D had the bigger badder Spells then 3E)

I agree all the Versions have something nice But I kinda like 4E.  Truth is however ive gotten into college / work and such with 4E, I doubt ill go into 5E As quickly as i did with 3E/4E or play nearly as much, and thats saying something considering work/college has kinda eaten my D&D Life up.          

Go Go Masters Degree!  Then im done.     
Or the 4th edition fans can band together and make and test their own content.  If we could just stop bickering or being bitter for five minutes.

I mean, I plan on playing 4th ed until 5th can find a way to fraw me away.  Or until the next revision inevitably comes along.

@Kalnaur:

I've been trying to do that over in Races and Monsters:  community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758... 

but so far only Xervous has jumped in to help out.  When I post the draft of Zehir this week I will have covered 50% of the gods.  I've updated the olds ones with the new design philosophies (look at the new Lords of Chaos article not just MM3 and damage updates) and I think they are a good start.  I would love to have some help/comments/critic of these drafts and help creating the rest of the gods.

@Kalnaur:

I've been trying to do that over in Races and Monsters:  community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758... 

but so far only Xervous has jumped in to help out.  When I post the draft of Zehir this week I will have covered 50% of the gods.  I've updated the olds ones with the new design philosophies (look at the new Lords of Chaos article not just MM3 and damage updates) and I think they are a good start.  I would love to have some help/comments/critic of these drafts and help creating the rest of the gods.

I might suggest going here, and helping the already growing community with trying to flesh out 4th ed. ;)
fun quotes
58419928 wrote:
69216168 wrote:

I might suggest going here, and helping the already growing community with trying to flesh out 4th ed. ;)

That is a good idea, and I just might give that a go.  But I would still like help on these forums as well.  But people just haven't been as help as I thought.  Maybe it is because Next is around the corner.