W/x Humans

58 posts / 0 new
Last post

W/X Humans

What is w/x humans
W/x humans is a variation of the classic style of white weenie deck in which by superior card quality allows you to overwhelm your opponent with cheap cost effective creatures. Many of the creatures in this deck have utilitarian roles that allow you to get rid of common threats that occur to aggro decks. With the addition of a second light color splash you gain utility cards in morland haunt that allow you to recover from board sweeps and allow you to keep presure on your opponents without sacrificing card advantage, and Geist of Saint Traft which is just a plain beating

Creatures
Champion of the Parish- One of the bread and butter creatures of humans- recommend 4

Doomed Traveler- Another great creature very threatening- recommend 4

Grand Abolisher- Very defensive creature that makes counterspells, and combat tricks from opponents useless- recommend 2-3 main

Mirran Crusader-  Very aggressive creature recommend 3-4 main

Thalia, Guardian of Thraben- Good utility infielder used alongside grand abolisher makes removal harder for your opponent- recommend 2-3

Leonin Relic-Warder- great creature against opposing o-rings and swords can also get rid of wurmcoil engine- recommend 2-3 main

Hero of Bladehold- finisher that creates more card advantage- recommend 4 main

Fiend Hunter-  journey to nowhere on a creature is great but higher casting cost and chance to be removed makes it risky- recommend 2-3

Geist of Saint Traft- who dosent like a 4/4 angel token fighting for them, frail body so be careful- recommend 3-4

Gideon's Lawkeeper- usefull against illusions if you have space-  recommend 0-2

Loyal Cathar-who doesnt like a creature that comes back for more- recommend 0-4

Silverblade Paladin- Very like Mirran Crusader but can spread the double strike love- recommend 3-4

Riders of Gavony- A interesting card that can hose opposing tribal decks. Good cheap alternative if you cant get heros- recommend 0-4

Alternate colored creatures

Red
Lightning Mauler- an excellent 2 drop and quite utilitarian creature- recommend 3-4

Zealous Conscripts- Useable but fairly heavy castingcost wise- recommemd 0-2 SB

Stormblood Berserker- A interesting two drop- recommend 3-4

Spells
Honor of the Pure- were going to pump you up- recommend 4

Oblivion Ring- versatile white removal- recommend 2-4 between main and board

Angelic Destiny- who doesn't like a enchantment that makes things big and comes back for more- recommend 0-4 depending on space

Sword of War and Peace- pro red, pro white, burn and lifegain what's not to like- recommend 0-2

Gather the Townsfolk- token maker good bang for buck- recommend 0-4

Dismember- decent removal but very costly in life in the current meta mostly SB card- recommend 0-3

Silver-Inlaid Dagger- budget replacement for sword, not as useful as other cards-recommend 0-3

Alternate Colored Spells

Red
Pillar of Flame- sorcery speed removel of undying creatures- recommend 0-4

Incinerate- basic removal nothing to see here- recommend 0-4

Arc Trail- the 2 for one on tokens and other problematic creatures- recommend 0-4

Lands
plains- Bread and butter and the majority of your landbase

Island- Its best to throw in 1 or 2 for the random ghost quarters that may pop up

Mountain- 2 to 3 off in any W/R build

Clifftop Retreat- 4 off in the W/R builds

Glacial Fortress- while these decks arent too blue heavy it is recommended to run 4

Moorland Haunt- its best to run 2-3 of these since while their effect is strong you dont want too many colorless mana in your opening hand

Seachrome Coast- Ditto Glacial Fortress

Cavern of Souls- wow just wow, mana fixing, making sure control has to spend removal instead of counters. Great utility land- Recommend 4

Slayers' Stronghold- interesting land that gives attack and defencive capabilitys- recommend 1-2

Sideboard
Mostly the sideboard cards are pretty self explanitory
Celestial Purge 
Divine Offering
Flashfreeze
Mana Leak
Revoke Existence- O ring what O ring, was that a sword I saw?
Timely Reinforcements  
Ratchet Bomb- Delver hates this card as does tokens 
Midnight Haunting
Negate- planeswalker killer
Nihil Spellbomb- another card delver hates along with certain other graveyard strategies
Corrosive Gale- pesky spirit removal
Mental Misstep- good in mirror, and good against delver

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead." —Jaya Ballard, task mage

SCG Charlotte

Devin Manning 8th place SCG Charlotte

4 Champion of the Parish
4 Doomed Traveler
2 Fiend Hunter
2 Gideon's Lawkeeper
3 Grand Abolisher
4 Hero of Bladehold
2 Leonin Relic-Warder
3 Mirran Crusader

Enchantments
4 Honor of the Pure
2 Oblivion Ring

Instants
1 Dismember

Legendary Creatures
1 Geist of Saint Traft
2 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

Sorceries
3 Gather the Townsfolk

Basic Lands
1 Island
11 Plains

Lands
4 Glacial Fortress
3 Moorland Haunt
4 Seachrome Coast

Sideboard:
2 Celestial Purge
2 Dismember
1 Divine Offering
3 Flashfreeze
4 Mana Leak
1 Revoke Existence
2 Timely Reinforcements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris Moyer 5th place SCG Charlotte

Artifacts
1 Sword of War and Peace

Creatures
4 Champion of the Parish
4 Doomed Traveler
2 Grand Abolisher
4 Hero of Bladehold
3 Leonin Relic-Warder
4 Mirran Crusader

Enchantments
4 Angelic Destiny
4 Honor of the Pure
2 Oblivion Ring

Legendary Creatures
4 Geist of Saint Traft

Basic Lands
1 Island
12 Plains

Lands
4 Glacial Fortress
3 Moorland Haunt
4 Seachrome Coast

Sideboard:
2 Sword of War and Peace
1 Grand Abolisher
1 Leonin Relic-Warder
2 Oblivion Ring
2 Celestial Purge
2 Flashfreeze
3 Mana Leak
2 Timely Reinforcements

18 points at last PTQ

Christian Calcano 18 points
Pro Tour Dark Ascension, Standard Constructed

Main Deck

60 cards

4  Glacial Fortress
1  Island
3  Moorland Haunt
12  Plains
4  Seachrome Coast

4  Champion of the Parish
4  Doomed Traveler
2  Fiend Hunter
3  Geist of Saint Traft
2  Grand Abolisher
4  Hero of Bladehold
3  Leonin Relic-Warder
3  Mirran Crusader
3  Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

4  Honor of the Pure
2  Oblivion Ring
2  Sword of War and Peace

Sideboard
1  Angelic Destiny
2  Dismember
2  Divine Offering
1  Fiend Hunter
1  Grand Abolisher
1  Leonin Relic-Warder
2  Mana Leak
1  Mirran Crusader
1  Oblivion Ring
2  Ratchet Bomb
1  Sword of Feast and Famine

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Allan Christensen

Main Deck

60 cards 
4  Glacial Fortress
1  Island
4  Moorland Haunt
11  Plains
4  Seachrome Coast

4  Doomed Traveler
3  Fiend Hunter
3  Geist of Saint Traft
2  Gideon's Lawkeeper
3  Grand Abolisher
4  Hero of Bladehold
2  Leonin Relic-Warder
3  Mirran Crusader

2  Angelic Destiny
4  Honor of the Pure
3  Mana Leak
2  Oblivion Ring
1  Sword of War and Peace

Sideboard
2  Celestial Purge
2  Day of Judgment
1  Geist of Saint Traft
1  Leonin Relic-Warder
2  Midnight Haunting
2  Negate
1  Oblivion Ring
2  Revoke Existence
1  Timely Reinforcements

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sergio Ferry

Main Deck

60 cards

4  Glacial Fortress
1  Island
3  Moorland Haunt
11  Plains
4  Seachrome Coast

4  Doomed Traveler
2  Geist of Saint Traft
4  Grand Abolisher
4  Hero of Bladehold
2  Leonin Relic-Warder
4  Mirran Crusader
2  Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

2  Dismember
1  Faith's Shield
4  Honor of the Pure
3  Oblivion Ring

Sideboard
2  Angelic Destiny
1  Divine Offering
2  Mana Leak
2  Negate
2  Ratchet Bomb
1  Revoke Existence
3  Timely Reinforcements
Dan Jordan

Main Deck

60 cards

4  Glacial Fortress
1  Island
3  Moorland Haunt
12  Plains
4  Seachrome Coast

4  Doomed Traveler
2  Fiend Hunter
4  Hero of Bladehold
3  Leonin Relic-Warder
3  Mirran Crusader

1  Angelic Destiny
4  Gather the Townsfolk
4  Honor of the Pure
2  Oblivion Ring

Sideboard
1  Angelic Destiny
2  Day of Judgment
1  Dismember
2  Divine Offering
1  Fiend Hunter
2  Geist of Saint Traft
1  Leonin Relic-Warder
2  Mana Leak
1  Mirran Crusader
1  Oblivion Ring

Noah Koessel

Main Deck

60 cards

4  Glacial Fortress
1  Island
3  Moorland Haunt
11  Plains
4  Seachrome Coast

4  Doomed Traveler
3  Fiend Hunter
4  Hero of Bladehold
3  Leonin Relic-Warder
4  Mirran Crusader

4  Gather the Townsfolk
4  Honor of the Pure
2  Oblivion Ring

Sideboard
1  Angelic Destiny
2  Dismember
1  Divine Offering
1  Geist of Saint Traft
1  Leonin Relic-Warder
4  Mana Leak
2  Revoke Existence
1  Saving Grasp
1  Timely Reinforcements

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vincent Lemoine

Main Deck

60 cards

4  Glacial Fortress
3  Moorland Haunt
12  Plains
4  Seachrome Coast

4  Doomed Traveler
2  Fiend Hunter
1  Geist of Saint Traft
1  Gideon's Lawkeeper
4  Hero of Bladehold
3  Leonin Relic-Warder
4  Loyal Cathar
4  Mirran Crusader
4  Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

4  Honor of the Pure

Sideboard
2  Angelic Destiny
2  Dismember
1  Fiend Hunter
1  Geist of Saint Traft
1  Geist-Honored Monk
1  Island
1  Leonin Relic-Warder
3  Mental Misstep
1  Oblivion Ring
2  Ratchet Bomb

PTQ Baltimore top 8

Adam Snook (Humans)
Grand Prix Baltimore 2012 (Standard)

4  Glacial Fortress
3  Moorland Haunt
13  Plains
4  Seachrome Coast
24 lands

4  Doomed Traveler
4  Fiend Hunter
4  Hero of Bladehold
4  Loyal Cathar
4  Mirran Crusader
4  Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
28 creatures

3  Angelic Destiny
1  Dismember
4  Honor of the Pure
8 other spells

Sideboard
2  Celestial Purge
2  Corrosive Gale
1  Dismember
3  Leonin Relic-Warder
3  Mana Leak
2  Mental Misstep
1  Oblivion Ring
1  Ratchet Bomb

W/R Humans SGC Madison

R/W Humans
 A Standard Magic deck, by David Luety
7th place at a StarCityGames.com Standard Open tournament in Madison, Wisconsin, United States on 2012-05-13

Artifacts
3 Sword of War and Peace

Creatures
4 Champion of the Parish
2 Doomed Traveler
2 Fiend Hunter
4 Hero of Bladehold
4 Lightning Mauler
3 Mirran Crusader
3 Silverblade Paladin
3 Stormblood Berserker

Enchantments
3 Honor of the Pure

Legendary Creatures
3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

Sorceries
2 Gather the Townsfolk

Basic Lands
3 Mountain
12 Plains

Lands
4 Cavern of Souls
4 Clifftop Retreat
1 Slayers' Stronghold

Sideboard:
2 Ratchet Bomb
3 Zealous Conscripts
3 Oblivion Ring
3 Celestial Purge
1 Revoke Existence
3 Timely Reinforcements

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead." —Jaya Ballard, task mage
If anyone has any pointers or suggestions on what I should include please tell me, its litterally my first time making a tournament thread. I also figure that humans could easily splice green in and use gavony township but no green splash has actually placed in a tournament that I could find.
No issues with the formatting.  The only thing you should fix is to run your post through a spelling/grammar checker, but it's good for your first time doing one of these.
Come check out my friend's youtube channel where he gives bad movies what's coming to them!
You Make the Card
Best Contest Holder 2010 YMtC Idol 9 4th Place
Mafia History
Friendliest Player 2010 Werewolves Invade YMtC!: Town-aligned Rotworm Mass, Survived, Mafia Victory Heroes Mafia: Angela Petrelli, Town-Aligned Undercover Revengeful Mother, Win for Me, Mafia Victory Super Smash Bros. Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Survived, Town Victory Bear Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Lynched Day 1, Mafia Victory YMtC Mafia II: Henry-Stern, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Town Victory, Town MVP Time Fracture Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Nero, the Last Romulan, Lynched Day 3, Borg Victory Touhou Mafia III: Tenshi Hinani, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Mafia 2010: Lynched Day 1, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Dragonball Z Mafia: Goku, Town-Aligned Charismatic Townie, Mafia Victory Quarantined Mafia: Lynched Day 4, J. Walter Weatherman, Infected-Aligned Administrative Assistant, Mr. T (so basically mafia) Victory Glass Box Mafia: Killed Night 2, Icthys, Town-Aligned Networker, Town Victory Battle Royale Mafia: Killed Night 3, Zipperflesh and Dark Stryke Victory Scars of Mirrodin Mafia: Killed Night 3, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Mafia Victory Portal Mafia: Lynched Day 3, Test Subject #2, Mafia-Aligned Rolestopper, Town Victory (that was utter BS) Toxic Waste Mafia: Survived, Violet, Hive (Cult)-Aligned Powerless Taskmaster, Hive Victory PK Hatez You Mafia: Survived, Town-Aligned Goth, Mafia Victory Dreven City: A Wild West Mafia: Town-Aligned "Los Angeles" Reed, One-Shot Vig, Survived, Town Victory (just barely, major props to Just a Cleric) YMtC Mafia III: Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Vampire Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Pander, Mafia Victory Touhou Border Collapse: Bill Cosby, Town-Aligned, Killed Night 1, Mafia Victory Harry Potter Mafia: Argus Filch, Town-Aligned Tracker, Lynched Day 5, Mafia Victory [Basic #5] Bandit Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Borderlands Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory eBay Mafia: Mafia-Aligned, Survived, Mafia Victory Full Metal Alchemist Mafia: Alphonse Elric, Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory Sunflowers for Ragnarokio: Lynched Day 3, Town/Just a Cleric/Tevish Szat/Faux-Razor Victory True Blood Mafia: Lynched Day 4, Mafia Victory My Mafia Diary: Skyhunter, Mafia-Aligned Emo, Survived, Flawless Mafia Victory Paper Mario Mafia: Blue Goomba, Town-Aligned Lover, Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Small Town Mafia: Pigsticker Mafia-Aligned Coward, Killed Night 2, Caveman Mafia and Zipperflesh Victory Stuff on my Desk Mafia: Lotus Cobra, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Order of the Chaos Rose Mafia: Lord Dagol Ji'Lovik, Town-Aligned Hypnotist, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Camp Crystal Lake Mafia: Ongoing A Certain Magical Mafia: Killed Night 1, Town-Aligned The Siege of Balignor Mafia: Ongoing, Killed Day 4 Mafia of Ancient Egypt: Replaced in for Murica day 2, Ra, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Town Victory, Town MVP Lord of the Rings Mafia: Replaced in for Dr Demento, Town-Aligned Mason/One-Shot Self-Doc, Town Victory, Town MVP Internet Stars Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Mythos Mafia: Ongoing
You may want to consider adding other variants, like mono W and W/g.

Also, you may want to add in cards from AVR, and maybe a W/r variant.

Just my thoughts.
You may want to consider adding other variants, like mono W and W/g.

Also, you may want to add in cards from AVR, and maybe a W/r variant.

Just my thoughts.

I can think of a few cards off hand rom AVR that ill proabably put in here, and I can see some of the green being put in here. Red might have to wait till we see how well its doing overall. Its entiertly on my watch list of how well it wants to do.
I threw a Naya list in deck help a week back or so and it didn't get any attention. I went back to straight GW, then back to Naya and got a little bit a fishing / testing in. Unfortunately I only tested against control, which this deck is basically setup to destroy with MB cards. Current list below has been drawing pretty well for me. The mana looks sketchy but it really isn't that bad. Sources for T1 Champion of the Parish and T2 double white are the biggest concerns, but with 15 sources for the T1 white source, it hasn't been a problem at all.

4x Avacyns Pilgrim
4x Champion of the Parish

3x Lightning Mauler
3x Mayor of Avabruck
3x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

3x Silverblade Paladin
2x Mirran Crusader
2x Blade Splicer

2x Huntmaster of the Fells
3x Hero of Bladehold

2x Zealous Conscripts
1x Wolfir Silverheart
1x Sigarda, Host of Herons

2x Angelic Destiny
3x Sword of War and Peace

4x Razorverge Thicket
4x Copperline Gorge
4x Cavern of Souls
1x Slayers' Stronghold
1x Gavony Township
1x Forest
2x Mountain
7x Plains
I threw a Naya list in deck help a week back or so and it didn't get any attention. I went back to straight GW, then back to Naya and got a little bit a fishing / testing in. Unfortunately I only tested against control, which this deck is basically setup to destroy with MB cards. Current list below has been drawing pretty well for me. The mana looks sketchy but it really isn't that bad. Sources for T1 Champion of the Parish and T2 double white are the biggest concerns, but with 15 sources for the T1 white source, it hasn't been a problem at all.

4x Avacyns Pilgrim

3x Lightning Mauler
3x Mayor of Avabruck
3x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

3x Silverblade Paladin
2x Mirran Crusader
2x Blade Splicer

2x Huntmaster of the Fells
3x Hero of Bladehold

2x Zealous Conscripts
1x Wolfir Silverheart
1x Sigarda, Host of Herons

2x Angelic Destiny
3x Sword of War and Peace

4x Razorverge Thicket
4x Copperline Gorge
4x Cavern of Souls
1x Slayers' Stronghold
1x Gavony Township
1x Forest
2x Mountain
7x Plains

List actually looks pretty solid of the mana is not as bad as you say it is. You pretty much have all of the best 3 drops white has to offer in one deck with the slight potential to get them out on turn 2 with Pilgrim. I like the singleton Angel and I don't know what to say about the wolfir silverheart cuz i don't know how good it is. If wolf does not work out I guess you can max out the Bladeholds.

Have you considered Stormblood Berserker as opposed to Lightning Mauler? Seems like it might be a stronger option
100th post 29/01/12 500th post 19/05/12 1000th post 19/07/12 How many planeswalkers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Show
Better question, what does Nicol Bolas want with the lightbulb?
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/25ceed5d20286936a2014d5e9a9026d2.jpg?v=90000)
It's a good suggestion but I find I'd only want it 50/50. Half of my 1-drops will probably accelerate me into a 3-drop so I won't be swinging a decent amount of the time on T2 to drop this. What I like about Lightning Mauler is the powerful plays it can create. It's actually a card I've held back with something like a Hero of Bladehold in hand as it's amazing recovery post-sweeper (which Thalia delays but doesn't prevent). Giving Silverblade Paladin or Mirran Crusader haste is also really powerful. I would add Stormblood Berserker in place of some of the top end stuff over Lightning Mauler if I wanted to max out on great early game plays. I've just seen a ton of tap-out control/ramp decks that run sweepers like no tomorrow in my meta and want to be able to slam a 4-5 drop to get right back into things afterwards.

As another note, the list above is 62 and I'm not skilled enough to know where the weakness lies.
A lot of people will chant the mantra "60 cards is best" as if it is law.  It isn't. I run most of my decks at 60-64 and have yet to find the 64 to be any less dependable.  If it gets to the point where you can see a couple of cards to cut then by all means drop it down to 60, but don't worry about 62.

Heck I run an 87 card 5 colour deck that is reliable and hilarious.

60 is an ideal, not a rule. 
100th post 29/01/12 500th post 19/05/12 1000th post 19/07/12 How many planeswalkers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Show
Better question, what does Nicol Bolas want with the lightbulb?
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/25ceed5d20286936a2014d5e9a9026d2.jpg?v=90000)
I'm thinking...

-3 Mayor of Avabruck
-1 Blade Splicer
-2 Huntmaster of the Fells

+2 Doomed Traveler
+3 Loyal Cathar
+2 Oblivion Ring

Ups to 63 but lowers curve slightly. More 1-2 drops helps against Delver and 5 dudes that bounce back from sweepers helps against a lot of things. Adds 2 more spells that are hurt by Thalia, but I need a way to answer some threats. I was thinking Fiend Hunter but I want to be able to answer more permanents MB like Swords or Planeswalkers.
What do you guys think about mass appeal in the blue white human deck? I wanna try itt since it can be the fuel you need to keep the pressure on throughout the game.... exspecially against any control variants that are left

It might just depend on the list I can post mine if anyone wants to see it
What do you guys think about mass appeal in the blue white human deck? I wanna try itt since it can be the fuel you need to keep the pressure on throughout the game.... exspecially against any control variants that are left It might just depend on the list I can post mine if anyone wants to see it

Mass Appeal has worked great in my testing. I included it as a one of because i feel that it works best as a 1 or 2 of. Its not a card you want to draw all the time but when you do its excellent.
100th post on 5/29/12 500th post on 8/20/12
Ok updated the main posts above with relevant bits from info I've gleaned.  Wont add green till I find a deck thats not block constructed, did add red.
Just got back from a tournament using W/r humans and went 3-1

I beat u/r delver, G/r aggro, and some wierd mono g build which did not seem to have a goal.

I did however loose to a u/w delver build that at first i was suprised i lost to it cuz the last time i went to a tournament which was a month ago i mopped the floor with 3 u/w Delver lists 3 rounds in a row.

Then i came to the realization that one month ago my deck had the element of suprise because it was pretty much unheard of then and people did not learn how to play around cavern of souls yet.

I actually lost 0-2 in the game with it. The guy using it had Sword of War and Peace in the MB and actually screwed me over both rounds. In round 2 I sided in three Divine Offerings plus my fourth o-ring but i did not draw any in that round.
boros has gotta destroy delver, right?  need a deck for a heavy delver local meta.  this is what i was thinking:

4 champion of the parish
4 elite vanguard
1 reckless waif

4 gather the townsfolk
4 lightning mauler

4 silverblade paladin
3 kessig malcontents

3 hero of oxid ridge

4 gut shot
4 mutagenic growth
3 brimstone volley

6 plains
5 mountain
4 cavern of souls
4 clifftop retreat
2 shimmering grotto
1 slayers' stronghold

gut shot is a free removal spell nowadays.  growth is absolutely absurd with double strike.  the 3 heroes and 3 volleys are your finishers.  everything is mathematically configured for max damage.  if you can think of something else at any point in the curve that would deal more, let me know.  going for a 4th turn kill, btw.  swords are too slow and destiny just get vapor snagged.
I'm not a fan of Kessig Malcontents, and I think Bladehold is a much better Hero than Oxid Ridge in the current format; there are a lot of 2/X creatures about.

Here's the Boros list I'd be running if I had the cash to gear it up tomorrow:

// Lands
4 [INN] Clifftop Retreat
2 [AVR] Slayers' Stronghold
4 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
4 [US] Mountain (2)
8 [DDC] Plains (1)

// Creatures
2 [AVR] Goldnight Commander
4 [INN] Champion of the Parish
3 [MBS] Hero of Bladehold
4 [INN] Doomed Traveler
2 [DKA] Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4 [AVR] Lightning Mauler
4 [AVR] Silverblade Paladin
1 [INN] Mikaeus, the Lunarch

// Spells
4 [DKA] Gather the Townsfolk
3 [AVR] Thatcher Revolt
4 [AVR] Pillar of Flame
2 [INN] Rally the Peasants
1 [DKA] Increasing Devotion

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [AVR] Bonfire of the Damned
SB: 2 [FNM] Oblivion Ring
SB: 2 [CFX] Celestial Purge
SB: 4 [NPH] Shrine of Loyal Legions
SB: 1 [DKA] Faith's Shield
SB: 2 [INN] Fiend Hunter

Not sure on whether I'd split the Pillar of Flames with other removal like Dismember or O-Ring, but for now it stays for dealing with those pesk Moorland Haunts and Strangleroot Geists and Geralf's Messengers.

Rally the Peasants and Goldmeadow Commander both help set you out for amazing blowouts. Thalia is one of the best creatures in the format right now; she's solid against Aggro with her First Strike, holding off Geists and all sorts indefinitely, and she's also brutal against Delver and Control decks; Delver because she shuts down their Flashback and cheap cantripping shenanigans and Control because she protect your Turn 3 guy from Mana Leak or O-Ring, and protects your board from sweepers for a whole turn. Pushing Day of Judgment to 5 and Terminus to 7 is often the difference between winning and losing a match.

Im not sure I'd actually run increasing devotion even as a singleton. Historically in standard a 5cc sorcery like that is underwhelming, even if it does help your theme of tribal human. I guess you could put in Geist Honored monk, or elspeth in if you needed a relevant token producer. 
Im not sure I'd actually run increasing devotion even as a singleton. Historically in standard a 5cc sorcery like that is underwhelming, even if it does help your theme of tribal human. I guess you could put in Geist Honored monk, or elspeth in if you needed a relevant token producer. 

I think you're right, actually. I had it in there as a late-game trump type spell, but on the few occasions where I've seen it, I've been unable to cast it (or haven't needed to).
After getting beat by a Delver deck that utilized Restoration Angel I decided to give it a try. I took out 1 of my 3 orings and 1 of my 4 bladeholds to MB in 2 Angels and so far I have no regets. It allows me to tap out my creatures in situations i normally would not and when i get atacked the following turn i can flash her in and blink one of my tapped guys so they can block. It works well with Champion of the Parish, and Silverblade Paladin also.
Restoration Angel is a good card in W/x humans decks depending on what is run in them. Its good with Soulbond and in Boros; Zealous Conscripts. In UW human decks it goes great with Snapcaster.
Another cool interation it has is with Unhallowed Cathar because he will come back as a Loyal Cathar.
That is an interesting one. On another note. I have a feeling that GW humans has less to offer in comparison to Boros humans and UW humans. Boros is more explosive than GW and UW has more tricks to protect its creatures.
@Indigo, you know I was thinking about your list, and thought about Angel of Jubilation in that one off spot you have increasing devotion in, also maybe take out the mikaeus and throw a second one in, since mikaeus really is bad mana to power use wise.
That is an interesting one. On another note. I have a feeling that GW humans has less to offer in comparison to Boros humans and UW humans. Boros is more explosive than GW and UW has more tricks to protect its creatures.

The one thing I like about green splash is the addition of Champion of Lambholt. I recall a game where I had my opponent against the ropes at 7 life with a Champion of the Parish and a Thalia both enchanted with Angelic Destiny and enough Township tokens to make them both lethal, and he was able to stave off a loss by casting Lingering Souls, flashing it back, casting another one, flashing it back.. constantly chump-blocking my team until he managed to regain control and wipe out my team.

Champion of Lambholt eliminates chump-blocking. That is a pretty nice bonus for green.
I'm currently running this:

Land:
Cavern of Souls x4
Razorverge Thicket x4
Sunpetal Grove x4
Plains x7
Forest x3
Gavony Township x2

Creatures:
Avacyn's Pilgrim x3
Champion of the Parish x4
Gather the Townsfolk x4
Hamlet Captain x3
Loyal Cathar x3
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben x1
Champion of Lambholt x4
Silverblade Paladin x4
Fiend Hunter x2
Hero of Bladehold x4

Spells:
Oblivion Ring x4

Sideboard:
Fiend Hunter x2
Hamlet Captain x1
Loyal Cathar x1
Strangleroot Geist x4
Ray of Revelation x3
Naturalize x4

The problem I was having was against decks with alot of board sweepers. Day of Judgment, Black Sun's Zenith were completly wrecking me. So I added the cathars and the Geists for those matchups. Can anyone suggest a better alternative? Any suggestions to the deck would also be awesome. Thanks!

Edit:
I've added 4 Mirran Crusader - 3 to the main board, and 1 to the side.
Also added 2 Grafdigger's Cage to the side board, hoping they might stop graveyard nonsense.
I cut a naturalize, a Strangleroot Geist, and a ray of revelation from the sideboard, and the 3 Loyal Cathar in the mainboard,

Looking through a lot of deck lists, I notice that Grand Abolisher has fallen off the radar for most of them. Personally, I figure Abolisher would be good in a format that has lots of decks that use Snapcaster Mage and Restoration Angel to pull hijinks at various points during your turn.

Is there a particular reason that Abolisher isn't in use much anymore, or is it just a matter of there being better choices to occupy the 2 slot in Human-based aggro decks?
Looking through a lot of deck lists, I notice that Grand Abolisher has fallen off the radar for most of them. Personally, I figure Abolisher would be good in a format that has lots of decks that use Snapcaster Mage and Restoration Angel to pull hijinks at various points during your turn.

Is there a particular reason that Abolisher isn't in use much anymore, or is it just a matter of there being better choices to occupy the 2 slot in Human-based aggro decks?

I have noticed this too. It seems to me that Thalia has replaced him in the 2cmc slot. I feel that part of the reason is that Grand abolisher is not very effective against board wipes such as DoJ, whereas Thalia pushes day back a turn with the extra cost. The same goes for terminus if not miracled.

EDIT: Thalia's first strike is also very relevant against a lot of major threats in the format. GoST is one of the big ones. 
How about Cathars' Crusade and Stonewright?

Stonewright bonded up with a Silverblade Paladin looks for a decent combo, and Cathars' Crusade costs one white mana more than Goldnight Commander (which I have seen make a few lists) and has the exact same effect with the exception that the +1/+1 bonuses are permanent instead of only until end of turn.

I don't really know why I don't see Stonewright hit any lists, as he seems like a very solid 1-drop. Cathars' Crusade I am gonna chalk up to its high CMC and the fact that Thalia punishes it some more, despite the fact that permanent boosts seem more enticing than temporary ones.
I would agree that the hign cost of Cathar's Crusade is the reason why its not popular. I feel that Stonewright is a little on the slow side. Although its a 1 drop it doesnt have any outstanding effects that help the early game, such as evasion and it wont really get bigger until your at the point where your not using all of your mana, and this is assuming that it will survive until that point. When compared to other 1-drops that W/x humans has access to Stonewright isnt the most aggresive choice. It would see more play if it also got Trample, but Boros Humans has Kruin Striker in the 2cmc slot for that.
How about Cathars' Crusade and Stonewright?

Stonewright bonded up with a Silverblade Paladin looks for a decent combo, and Cathars' Crusade costs one white mana more than Goldnight Commander (which I have seen make a few lists) and has the exact same effect with the exception that the +1/+1 bonuses are permanent instead of only until end of turn.

I don't really know why I don't see Stonewright hit any lists, as he seems like a very solid 1-drop. Cathars' Crusade I am gonna chalk up to its high CMC and the fact that Thalia punishes it some more, despite the fact that permanent boosts seem more enticing than temporary ones.

Stoneright and Silverblade is a bit of a nonbo when you read the whole card, and not just the text box. Playing an enemy-coloured deck is hard enough, but trying to reliably get different colours on Turn 1 is very hard, and requires you to invest a lot of basic Mountains (i.e. non-white lands). This in turn causes a problem when you have a large amount of mana costs with in them, because it means you frequently only have a single white source in hand/play.

What makes it even worse is that instead of needing one red mana for your "other" card to be good, Stonewright needs lots of red mana to pump into. That increases the demand for non-white sources, especially as Caverns can't pay for his activated ability.

Stonewright is definitely a pretty cool guy, and if RDW wasn't so badly placed in the metagame right now I'd probably be running him there, but he's just to colour intense for a W-based Human deck. The only non-white Humans I'd run in Standard are Lightning Mauler (Mauler into Hero or Silverblade is very cool) and Zealous Conscripts.

As for Cathar's Crusade; at 5 mana, it will generally come down around Turn 7 or 8 versus Goldnight Commander's Turn 5 or 6. That's fairly significant, even though Crusade is the better card overall (although it does do less damage when it's part of a two-card combo with Thatcher's Revolt).

That cost becomes even more significant if, as most good Humans decks do, you play with Thalia. Having a Thalia in play pushes Crusade out to Turn 9 at least. 
I find myself really wanting to add Red Sun's Zenith to my W/R list, probably as a 2-3 of. I can use them early to take out undying creatures or problematic blockers so my team can get through, and if the game goes on long I can use it as a finisher.

Most games I play using Humans I can get my opponent to less than 10 life before they really have much of a chance to establish a board presence, and in almost all games that I have lost they are sitting around 5 life and I just can't keep a creature on the board or get around their blockers. Having RSZ to toss at the opponent would be nice in those situations.
I find myself really wanting to add Red Sun's Zenith to my W/R list, probably as a 2-3 of. I can use them early to take out undying creatures or problematic blockers so my team can get through, and if the game goes on long I can use it as a finisher.

Most games I play using Humans I can get my opponent to less than 10 life before they really have much of a chance to establish a board presence, and in almost all games that I have lost they are sitting around 5 life and I just can't keep a creature on the board or get around their blockers. Having RSZ to toss at the opponent would be nice in those situations.

Actually RSZ could be a good addition. I run a single Devil's Play in my Boros list, but the main problem with it is the triple red of the flashback cost. RSZ essentially does the same thing as Devil's Play but with added benefit of exiling. I will test it in place of Devil's Play. I probably wouldnt run more than 2 of them though.
I think my w/g humans deck is a failure. g/r aggro, solar flare, zombies all seem to eat me for lunch. I start dropping creatures, they get wiped, and I can't get back into the game. I think I'll try for the w/r option now.
I think my w/g humans deck is a failure. g/r aggro, solar flare, zombies all seem to eat me for lunch. I start dropping creatures, they get wiped, and I can't get back into the game. I think I'll try for the w/r option now.

This might be a reflection of your inexperience of play rather than the colours of the deck. There's no difference between RW and GW in the sense of sweeper-resistance; if anything, GW is better because of Gavony Township!

The key with Solar Flare and similar sweeper-based decks is that you cannot overcommit guys to the board. If you've got a Mirran Crusader and a 2/2 Champion of the Parish, that's basically a three-turn clock. You should just keep any further creatures in your hand so that you can draw out the Day of Judgment/Whipflare/Slagstorm; you force them to use a sweeper and then you play out two more creatures the following turn so they're immediately under pressure again. That's why Gavony Township is powerful against sweeper decks; just two creatures and an active Township can be a significant clock without contributing any more cards to the board. 
Does Curse of Stalked Prey have a place in R/W?
Here is my list I recently played at the SCG Open in Indianapolis.  I did pretty dang well, losing only to two mirror matches, a Grixis Control deck, and Solar Flare.  I HANDILY defeated three W/U Delver decks (all running Gerry T's build).  I started off the day 4-1 but once I was paired up I ran into trouble.  I finished 104th out of the original field of 438 with a record of 6-4.  Not too shabby for my second tournament ever.

My matchups:

Game 1: RDW 2-0 WIN
-I outpaced him in two straight games with a SoW&P dropping both games.

Game 2: W/U Delver 2-1 WIN
-Abolisher was giving him fits, and with Caverns (and 7 more creatures than him) I kept board position, wasn't difficult, really.

Game 3: W/G Humans 1-2 LOSS
-I couldn't keep the pace with turn 2 Swords during both his wins. I put up a fight but in the end he just was faster.  This guy ended up like 24th, good deck and good guy.

Game 4: W/U Delver 2-1 WIN
-Had some problems game 1 against Blade Splicer but after boarding in Ratchet Bomb I cleaned his clock.

Game 5:W/U Delver 2-0 WIN
-A bad draw on his part, and a perfect draw on my part, really upset this guy for game 1.  I think he just gave up on game 2.  My opening hand in game 1 was: 1x Cavern of Souls, 2x Plains, 1x Champion, 1x Abolisher, 1x Crusader, 1x Angelic Destiny.  Yah curb that.

Game 6: Grixis Control 0-2 LOSS
-I just didn't know what to do with this guy.  The only threats he ran were Karn and some Grave Titans.  Everything I sent at him, he simply Slagstorm/Whipflare/Black Sun Zenith'd right off the board.  It was rather frustrating, to be honest.  I would need a good draw in order to beat him.  I got him down to 4 life in the second game but he recovered.

Game 7: RDW 2-0 WIN
-Sword of War and Peace.

Game 8: Solar Flare 1-2 LOSS
- My best match of the day without a doubt.  Every game came down to the wire, in fact I won game 1 with 1 life left.  He won game 2 with 3 life left, and game 3 I had him down to 2 life when he swung for 10 in one turn and gained 10 life back.  Really good matchup.

Game 9: Mono White Humans 1-2 LOSS
-Blade Splicers giving me fits despite having equiped swords.  Funny how the Splicers weren't much a threat against Delver but in this case I just couldn't get to my Ratchet Bombs.

Game 10: Grixis Heartless Combo 2-0 WIN
-The ultimate irony, is out of a field of 438 players, my last round is matched up against my own brother.  He can win on turn 3, but not when I Fiend Hunter his Havengul Lich both games.

In hindsight, I probably would have done better if I had Revoke Existence instead of Nevermore in my side board.  However, I was afraid of running into Turbo Fog/Friends since it is such a bad matchup for me.  I wish I would have seen at least one G/x Aggro or Pod, since I was  tech'd for them as well in the board, but oh well.

Let me know what you all think, thanks.
56735468 wrote:
Residual energetic and psychic emenations from the spark of planewalkers going in and out of the blind eternities like it was a windmill eventually coalesced into beings named eldrazi who by their very nature could not consume mundane sources of nourishment to sustain their existence.

Eh I've toyed around with the idea, but in and of itself, it does nothing to affect the board position. I rather honor or a in general pump than somehting I have to be sucsessfull hitting with. Static pumps and equips work better overall when your dealing with sometimes low toughness creatures.

Eh I've toyed around with the idea, but in and of itself, it does nothing to affect the board position. I rather honor or a in general pump than somehting I have to be sucsessfull hitting with. Static pumps and equips work better overall when your dealing with sometimes low toughness creatures.

I was considering Curse of Stalked Prey as well, given that a large part of the boosters that Humans uses are all rotating out of Standard (Swords, Angelic Destiny, Honor of the Pure) unless they show up in the remainder of M13 that hasn't been spoiled yet.

That having been said, are there currently any good Innistrad/M13 cards that would be noteworthy for W/x Human (to replace staple cards that are rotating out)? I've got my eyes on Ajani, Caller of the Pride and Rancor myself. Fervor also looks pretty nice.
I have been running something like this to moderate success.  Any suggestions

Land

4x Seachrome Coast
4x Glacial Fortress
3x Moorland Haunt
2x Cavern of Souls
10x Plains

4x Doomed Travler
1x Hero of Bladehold
2x Riders of Gavony
4x Mirran Crusader
2x Thalia, Gaurdian of Thraben
2x Grand Abolisher
2x Silverblade Paladin
3x Fiend Hunter
2x Blade Splicer

4x Honor the Pure
3x Oblivion Ring
2x Angelic Destiny
2x Sword of War and Peace

I only have one hero so thats why only one and the addition of the riders.

Same on cavern and silverblades.

Side is the normal stuff, cages, purges, mana leak, sword of feast and famine, etc.  No rachet bombs though.