Returning Enchantments to the Battlefield

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I can't remember the name of the card, but it says something to the effect of, "Each player returns all enchantments from his or her graveyard to the battlefield."  The way I understand how it works is this: Each player in APNAP order chooses what he will enchant with any auras in his graveyard, then they all actually enter the battlefield at the same time.  This would mean that even if I am last in APNAP order, if I had an enchantment that enchants an enchantment, I couldn't put it on an enchantment one of my opponents is putting on the battlefield from the same effect, because it's not out there for me to choose to start with.  Is this correct, or am I confusing these rules with something else?
That's correct, an aura entering the battlefield can only be attached to something already on the battlefield.  (not anything entering at the same time)
MTG Rules Advisor
If I have a Pacifism in my graveyard, but there are no creatures on the battlefield, does it just stay in my graveyard then?

303.4g If an Aura is entering the battlefield and there is no legal object or player for it to enchant, the Aura remains in its current zone, unless that zone is the stack. In that case, the Aura is put into its owner’s graveyard instead of entering the battlefield.

The card is Open the Vaults.

Also note that returning Auras to the battlefield from the graveyard can result in attaching them to creatures with Shroud or Hexproof.

"303.4f If an Aura is entering the battlefield under a player's control by any means other than by resolving as an Aura spell, and the effect putting it onto the battlefield doesn't specify the object or player the Aura will enchant, that player chooses what it will enchant as the Aura enters the battlefield. The player must choose a legal object or player according to the Aura's enchant ability and any other applicable effects."

Note the lack of the word "target" and the similarity to the wording of "Clone" effects. You choose what to attach to rather than target. This can result in, for example, Mind Control stealing Thrun, the Last Troll or Uril, the Miststalker.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.