Dragon 408 - Reborn from Chaos

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dragon 408
Reborn from Chaos
by Matt Goetz

Developing your character into someone who has a rich story can be a fun and rewarding process. A theme can help you flesh out your character and provide some interesting options for developing his or her background. This article details three Elemental Chaos character themes: the brazen ambassador, the chaosmade, and the stormraider.

Talk about this article here.

astralArchivist.com - 4e D&D house rules, homebrew, and story hours - now featuring ENWorld's Zeitgeist adventure path! Will Thibault is a winged, feathered serpent rarely found anywhere except in warm, jungle-like regions or flying through the ether. Due to his intelligence and powers he is regarded with awe by the inhabitants of his homelands and is considered to be divine.
I won't pretend that the mechanics of the Brazen Ambassador are great good useful anything but a joke, but I love its flavor anyway despite its wallowing in the mire.

(Don't get where I'm coming from? Ok... how many foes _which are of the same or lower level_ does a typical party face, especially past level 2? YYyyeeaahh. Would players even know who they could affect? If so, then you know how useless your theme is. Congrats! If not, you get to find out when you get pummelled/feathered like an oaf. Hope you didn't blow a standard action to maintain it....)

Seriously, I do like the idea, though.
D&DNext: HTFU Edition

(Don't get where I'm coming from? Ok... how many foes _which are of the same or lower level_ does a typical party face, especially past level 2?

Depends a lot on the DM, now, doesn't it?  I prefer to use many monsters at or below the party's level to fewer monsters of higher level, and if I had a PC with this theme, I'd make it a point to make sure it's useful often enough that he doesn't feel bad for choosing it.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Chaos Made looks broken for someone who uses action points a lot.
Sign In to post comments