Mantle of Unity -- what bonuses apply?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pretty straightforward question -- how does mantle of unitywork?

Target: You and each ally in the burst

Effect: Determine the highest AC, Fortitude, Reflex, and Will among all the targets. Until the end of your next turn, use these values for the corresponding defenses of all the targets.

Do I include (from most likely to least likely):

1. 10 + 1/2 level, applicable stat bonuses

2. Bonus from items I can't change during combat (e.g. armor, neck slot, feet slot)

3. Bonus from items I can change during combat (e.g. shield, weapon with the Defensive property)

4. Unconditional bonus from something that happens in combat (e.g I use a power that gives a +4 bonus to all defenses until the end of my next turn)

5. Conditional bonus from something that happens in combat (e.g. I use a power that gives a +4 bonus to all defenses against Opportunity Attacks until the end of my next turn)

Edit: Moved armor from group 1 to 2.

Returned from hiatus; getting up to speed on 5e rules lawyering.

Just what it says.  Everybody's AC is the maximum AC of the group, same for Fort, Ref, and Will.  Whatever their current defenses are, you use.

5 is out, though.  Conditional effects based on the specific attack are out.  These don't actually increase your defenses, they just increase the number for that specific attack roll.  This is because the power checks the defenses once, when you use the utility.  They don't change after that.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Sign In to post comments