Minis

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
I know the kits provide tokens, but I like using minis. For anyone else who is doing the same, could I get some ideas of what kind of minis to use for the plague demons? I was thinking of using either carnage demons or kruthiks, but other suggestions would be appreciated.
For the first encounter I'm going to use Kruthiks also but my wife is also DMing and since we don't have quite enough Kruthiks for two groups she's going to use Runespiral Demons.  Best thing is both Kruthiks and Runespiral Demons are pretty cheap and available on the open market.

OD&D, 1E and 2E challenged the player. 3E challenged the character, not the player. Now 4E takes it a step further by challenging a GROUP OF PLAYERS to work together as a TEAM. That's why I love 4E.

"Your ability to summon a horde of celestial superbeings at will is making my ... BMX skills look a bit redundant."

"People treat their lack of imagination as if it's the measure of what's silly. Which is silly." - Noon

"Challenge" is overrated.  "Immersion" is usually just a more pretentious way of saying "having fun playing D&D."

"Falling down is how you grow.  Staying down is how you die.  It's not what happens to you, it's what you do after it happens.”

Runespiral Demons! That's a good choice too. Thanks!
I plan to use the Ravager miniatures from the WoW Burning Crusade Board Game.
I havent got any of the mini's mentioned below so Im going to raid my friends Tyranid collection and use some good old Genestealers - that'll put the players on edge for a start LMAO

**UPDATE**

realised at the last minute that I had Threats to the Nentir Vale, so used the plague demon hounds pogs from that.

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

I too prefer minis to tokens!  I don't have minis that work for these so I made my own from the pictures in the module.  Here are greens of the 3 minis I sculpted of plague demon chaos lashers:

Tomorrow i want to paint these up after i prime them in the morning. I made them out of greenstuff, brownstuff, paperclips and firm sculpey. 

I am looking forward to using these (and a bunch of terrain walls I made) when I DM this encounter this week!  I only made 3 so I will use some tokens too... and 1 mini of a formian. 
Wow... Those are cool ;) Technically the demons in the adventure are a different variant from the picture (I had to design my own because of the level difference between the one in the picture and the Encounter Season), but who cares. All the plague demons look more or less the same anyway ;)
Wow! Those look really cool!

So here is list of what I plan on using for everything:

Show
Jakairn - Anvil of Thunder
Plague Demon Chaos Lasher - Kruthik Adult
Sabrak Acolyte - Warpriest of Moradin
Sabrak Bolter - Dwarf Sniper
Sabrak Warrior - Gold Dwarf Warrior
Lesser Earth Elemental - Earth Mephit
Chalindra - Drow Spider Priestess
Tebrizz - Drow Blademaster
Ambush Spider - Spider of Lolth
Dust Devil - Shardstorm Vortex
Lesser Air Elemental - Air Mephit
Mud Men - Myconid Guard
Azryg - Dwarf Wizard
Sabrak Norker - Norker
Sabrak Acolyte - Dwarf Shieldmaiden
Sabrak Templar - Fist of Moradin
Amorphous One - Large Water Elemental
Black Cyst Elemental - Shadow
Demonic Nothic Mindwarp - Nothic
Plague Demon Scavenger - Kruthik Young
Plague Demon Harrier - Kruthik Hatchling
Zarnak - Dwarf Artificer
Vlondril - Drow Fighter
Deathjump Spider - Deathjump SPider
Elder Eye Cult Beserker - Degenerate Cultist of Orcus

Any other suggestions are welcome
I'm mixing some minis from my stash with some free paper minis. I finally got a new printer, so this season I'm printing several from Seven Wonders (the page is down today, but might be back up later).
I too prefer minis to tokens!  I don't have minis that work for these so I made my own from the pictures in the module.  Here are greens of the 3 minis I sculpted of plague demon chaos lashers:

Tomorrow i want to paint these up after i prime them in the morning. I made them out of greenstuff, brownstuff, paperclips and firm sculpey. 

I am looking forward to using these (and a bunch of terrain walls I made) when I DM this encounter this week!  I only made 3 so I will use some tokens too... and 1 mini of a formian. 

You, sir, win.  Win, win, win.

OD&D, 1E and 2E challenged the player. 3E challenged the character, not the player. Now 4E takes it a step further by challenging a GROUP OF PLAYERS to work together as a TEAM. That's why I love 4E.

"Your ability to summon a horde of celestial superbeings at will is making my ... BMX skills look a bit redundant."

"People treat their lack of imagination as if it's the measure of what's silly. Which is silly." - Noon

"Challenge" is overrated.  "Immersion" is usually just a more pretentious way of saying "having fun playing D&D."

"Falling down is how you grow.  Staying down is how you die.  It's not what happens to you, it's what you do after it happens.”

Breoghan! Fantastic work there.  I don't have the sculpting skill but I am fully trained in printing so think I am going to make paper minis this season.

I'm mixing some minis from my stash with some free paper minis. I finally got a new printer, so this season I'm printing several from Seven Wonders (the page is down today, but might be back up later).

Looks like we broke the bandwidth of Seven Wonders.  Will pull some art from other locations to make minis.  In the past when I created them I used washers with poster putty to attach the minis.  Gives them some nice weight so they are not moved when someone sneezes.

Finally finished painting them!  Here are a couple of pics! 
Wow, those are so awesome!! I want one, lol
Wow, those are so awesome!! I want one, lol

One?  I want a dozen!  lol

Great work Breoghan.

@feetz_grande on Twitter

As a player in Breoghan's game, I have to say that his homemade minis last night looked EVEN BETTER in person than they do in pictures.

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Game Designer, The Queen's Cavaliers

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion

Mr. Moderator, I would like to report this post... for being AWESOME! Those look amazing!

With a dearth of Kruthik adults, I just used some lizards. I need to raid my collection to see if I can muster AuricRAvenhelm's full list.

Not happy with the look of the new forums? Check out the Skin Your Forums thread for a solution.

D&D Next: VALOREIGN Home Game Development, Kalani's Homebrew and Original Content | General Campaign Stuff: Bawylie's Budget Dungeons

"D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger." -- TiaNadiezja

I even have minis for the pre-gens:

Jarren - Male Human Invoker (I know Jarren is a wizard, but I like this figure for any caster)
Belgos - Drow Assassin
Fargrim - Guard of Mithril Hall
Brandis - Male Human Paladin
Keira - Elf Warlock (even though Keira's a thief, the female elf with a dagger works well)
Valenae - Knight of the Chalice
Thanks for posting this. It's really helping when it comes to prep time.

MY one change for this week:
Show
Mud Men - Lemure - they look like living piles of gloop

So here is list of what I plan on using for everything:

Show
Jakairn - Anvil of Thunder
Plague Demon Chaos Lasher - Kruthik Adult
Sabrak Acolyte - Warpriest of Moradin
Sabrak Bolter - Dwarf Sniper
Sabrak Warrior - Gold Dwarf Warrior
Lesser Earth Elemental - Earth Mephit
Chalindra - Drow Spider Priestess
Tebrizz - Drow Blademaster
Ambush Spider - Spider of Lolth
Dust Devil - Shardstorm Vortex
Lesser Air Elemental - Air Mephit
Mud Men - Myconid Guard
Azryg - Dwarf Wizard
Sabrak Norker - Norker
Sabrak Acolyte - Dwarf Shieldmaiden
Sabrak Templar - Fist of Moradin
Amorphous One - Large Water Elemental
Black Cyst Elemental - Shadow
Demonic Nothic Mindwarp - Nothic
Plague Demon Scavenger - Kruthik Young
Plague Demon Harrier - Kruthik Hatchling
Zarnak - Dwarf Artificer
Vlondril - Drow Fighter
Deathjump Spider - Deathjump SPider
Elder Eye Cult Beserker - Degenerate Cultist of Orcus

Any other suggestions are welcome

I have been trying to use my Monster Vault and Nentire Vale pogs for the monsters in this season and as I prep for Session 7  I wondered which people would suggest for the Amorphous One and the Tentacles.

I was thinking for the Amorphous One either the Gelatinous Cube, Ochre Jelly, or Black Pudding pogs but havent a clue for the tentacles at all.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

Here is a mini I sculpted and painted for the Amorphous One:

Here are a couple of pics which show the tentacles I made:

Here are some I made for Session 4 (mud men, dust devil, lesser air elemental):