Beserker Confusion

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi all,

I will admit I've only looked at the Compendium for this one, so I feel I may be off, or there may be a sidebar somewhere covering this.  As a Beserker, could I select an O-barbarian Rage power, thus gain the benefits of Raging and Beserker Fury at the same time?

While this seems distinctly outside the intent of the class, I have found nothing that disuptes this so far.

_insert name here_
Yup.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
I have a similarly confusing question per Berserker.

Once in Berserker Fury can I still use my Martial powers? Berserker Fury itself doesn't seem to say anything about it, while the Feats section in building a Berserker suggests to multiclass Martial class because once you're in the Fury, you can't you any of your Martial powers (I suppose to give you more defender options without jumping into Fury).
Yes, you can still use your Martial powers.  They gain the Primal keyword and deal an extra die of damage when you do.

That bit of build advice is justy incorrect, and probably refers to an older playtest version.  Its inclusion is almost certainly in error.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Only at-will powers gain Primal keyword and do extra damage, there's nothing of the sort written in the enocounter powers.
To be clear, this does not prevent using those martial encounter (or daily) powers. They just don't have a primal keyword.

As mentioned, the sidebar text likely refers to a build that was nixed, one that perhaps only allowed the use of primal powers at all, or changed the martials to primal (instead of just adding).
It could also be an illwritten way of saying you can't use your defnder class abilities (I think the defender guardian power may be martial) and not meaning to include ALL martial powers.
Losing Defender Aura is a much more significant impediment to using defender abilities.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Indeed.  And it's worth bearing min mind that you can still be reasonably potent as a defender for two rounds after you hit Fury, given that Guardian and Battle Awareness exist.  Which could be a fun little punishment when the enemies think they can start ignoring you when your aura drops...
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.