PEACH: Aisha the Prophetess, Dragonborn Warlord|Cleric, Tactical Warpriest, Champion of Prophecy

6 posts / 0 new
Last post

The first time i played with this group, we lacked a leader. People graviatated towards strikers with sexy fluff, like rangers and assassins, leaving me with a determination to play a general brick who can take a hit and keep everyone standing. 

Enter Aisha, a Dragonborn who has trained from birth to serve Bahamut. She has trained to lead armies in his name, to seek out and destroy evil. 

Aisha the Prophetess
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Aisha the Prophetess, level 22
Dragonborn, Warlord|Cleric, Tactical Warpriest, Champion of Prophecy
Warlord Leadership: Combat Leader (Hybrid)
Hybrid Warlord: Hybrid Warlord Will
Hybrid Cleric: Battle Cleric's Lore
Hybrid Talent: Commanding Presence (Hybrid)
Commanding Presence (Hybrid): Inspiring Presence (Hybrid)
Prophetic Blessing: Prophetic Blessing Strength
Prophetic Blessing: Prophetic Blessing Charisma
Dragonborn Racial Power: Dragon Breath
Dragon Breath Key Ability: Dragon Breath Strength
Dragon Breath Damage Type: Dragon Breath Cold
Background: Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 26, Con 16, Dex 15, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 24.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 14, Dex 13, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 14.

AC: 41 Fort: 38 Reflex: 31 Will: 38
HP: 158 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 42

TRAINED SKILLS
Endurance +24, Intimidate +25, Athletics +24, Perception +17, Diplomacy +25

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +13, Arcana +11, Bluff +18, Dungeoneering +12, Heal +12, History +13, Insight +14, Nature +12, Religion +11, Stealth +13, Streetwise +18, Thievery +13

FEATS
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 2: Mark of Healing
Level 4: Two-Handed Weapon Expertise
Level 6: Breath of Life
Level 8: Master of Stories
Level 10: Last Legion Officer
Level 11: Fight On
Level 12: Combat Commander
Level 14: Improved Defenses
Level 16: Improved Initiative (retrained to Superior Initiative at Level 21)
Level 18: Toughness
Level 20: Improved Inspiration
Multiclass Mastery: Acolyte Power
Multiclass Mastery: Bardic Dilettante
Level 21: Multiclass Mastery
Level 22: Armor Specialization (Scale)

POWERS
Hybrid at-will 1: Direct the Strike
Hybrid at-will 1: Recovery Strike
Hybrid encounter 1: Healing Strike
Hybrid daily 1: Moment of Glory
Hybrid utility 2: Inspired Belligerence
Hybrid encounter 3: Warlord's Strike
Hybrid daily 5: Stand the Fallen
Hybrid utility 6: Stream of Life (retrained to Revitalizing Incantation at Acolyte Power)
Hybrid encounter 7: Strengthen the Faithful
Hybrid daily 9: Crucial Resurgence
Hybrid utility 10: Battle Surge
Hybrid encounter 13: Death from Two Sides (replaces Healing Strike)
Hybrid daily 15: Renew the Troops (replaces Moment of Glory)
Hybrid utility 16: Cloak of Courage
Hybrid encounter 17: Hail of Steel (replaces Warlord's Strike)
Hybrid daily 19: Victory Surge (replaces Stand the Fallen)
Hybrid utility 22: Mass Cure Serious Wounds

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Dwarven Rampager Scale Armor +5, Captain's Falchion +5, Iron Armbands of Power (paragon tier), Healer's Brooch +5
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Build notes

I wanted an immensly tough character who would be able to heal the entire party every turn. In general, i am really satisfied.  She can heal like a mad woman, and has solid minors in defending, enabling, and movement. 

I picked the Falchion because i wanted a two handed +3 proficiency weapon with out dropping a feat. In general i feel the Falchion is better than the greatsword, but should i drop a feat on Fullblade?
I spent my hybrid talent on Commanding presence, not realizing it only came into effect once an encounter. This is also why i spent a feat on improved inspiration. Should i spend hybrid talent on something else, even if it is just Healers Mercy?
I picked Champion of Prophecy because it has some nice goodies for level 22 and the fluff. Is there a better ED for this character?  
I'm leaning towards Nobel as a theme, because i like the repositioning power and the fluff. Is there something better i should consider?

I have no idea who the rest of the party will be, except for two characters I'm building for their players: a Gnome Bard and a Goliath Stralidin (who i may post for PEACH in the coming days)

Anyways, please pick this character apart!  
If you are going for a feat for a weapon I would go with greatspear or spiked chain over fullblade.  Reach is gerally better than higher damage for a melee leader.

Your feats are fine, but durable would probably be more useful than toughness.  I wouldn't take improved inspiration.  Superior will or something else would be better.  And I would switch battle surge for word of vigor.

I think you have too much healing overall, even more so since it looks like you will have a paladin and bard in the party.  I would switch some of it out for more buffing and attack granting powers.  Especially recovery strike for righteous brand.  I would also swtich out stand the fallen for staggering spin.  Maybe even retrain healing strike in late heroic for something like prophetic guidance. 

I kind of like dragonfear for your build too, but that is more of a style choice.
What feat should I sub in for improved inspiration? I was looking at Greatspear proficency, but I mostly wanted it for Hafted defense, and that doesnt stack with Battleclerics Lore. Meanwhile, I have Master of Stories, which takes spiked chain out of the picture. So ill stick with the trusty Falcion. But that doesnt solve the initial question; what to sub in for Improved Inspiration? I was eyeing Lend Strength/ might, but i have an Paragon Teir slot open with access to all the Bard, warlord, and cleric support, so im sure theres a better option out there, even if i dont know of it. 
...It doesn't take spiked chain out of the picture.  It just means you get it by Weapon Proficiency (which gives you the reach version) instead of the multiclass (which gives you the double version).
Would epic reflexes be a suitable replacement? It would help shore up my lowest defense to look almost respectable. This is especially pertinent to me, because i am attempting to be an off tank. 
Epic reflexes are fine.  Its one of the feats I reccommend all battle clerics consider.
Sign In to post comments