Dungeon 199 - Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
DnDi_Large.pngDungeon 199
Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl
by Christopher Perkins

The Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl was written by Gary Gygax and published in 1978 by TSR, Inc. Part two of a three-part series, it packed a lot of punch into eight pages and presented frost giants as iconic D&D monsters. The tripartite "Giants" series was later collected into a single adventure module titled Against the Giants, published by TSR in 1981.

Talk about this article here.

Wow, I'm really loving this series of adventures. I love seeing a long, detail rich adventure with the big maps, a ton of monster stat blocks and all kinds of story hooks. There should be an adventure like this every month in Dungeon magazine. I can't wait for next month and the fire giant adventure. Hopefully it's as good as what's come before it.
The undead giant with the wolf pet was awesome...made even more awesome by the fact they even got a picture!

I was originally just going to use the Stone Giant adventure because I dont feel like dedicating a good chunk of my paragon tier to giants...but this adventure is making me heavily reconsider that.  
Can you (WotC) please post the maps without the DM info? That was so handy on the previous two adventures.
Can you (WotC) please post the maps without the DM info? That was so handy on the previous two adventures.

I think we need to step it up a bit and start submitting requests via the customer service system. There's been a request for these maps on the other forums for a while now and nothing has happened. It's possible they're ignoring us, but it's more likely they just havn't been reading the forums and therefor havn't seen our requests. Seeing as how this is Chris Perkins pet project and lasting legacy for 4e, I can't see him wanting us left with inferior maps.
The maps for dungeon #200 are up and include both untagged maps and tagged maps for the fire giant adventure. Furthermore, they appear to be in hi-res. This makes me think that lack of these maps for #199 was a simple oversight. I have submitted a formal customer service request. Hopefully this gets the job done. I again recommend everyone else who cares about this to take 2 minutes to submit a request via customer service. The more they hear about it, the more likely it is to get fixed.
Sign In to post comments