02/23/2012 TD: "New (Seismic) Sheriff in Town"

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Top Decks article, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.
LSV said that he played against two decks... Melira and other decks.
How to Autocard
card: [c]cardname[/c]-> [c]Vampire Nighthawk[/c] -> Vampire Nighthawk
Why is the Aggro-Loam player not running man-lands? He has one in his whole list, and I would think that he would use the utility of Loam to have a recurrable threat such as Raging Ravine. Any ideas?
On the topic of Treasure Mage: Hello planeswalkers. Look at your hand, now back to me, now back to your hand, now back to me. Sadly, your hand doesn't have a big game-winning bomb in it, but if you searched through your library for an artifact with converted mana cost of 6 or greater, you could get one. Look down, now back up, shuffle your library. Where are you? You're in a Magic game, and you're losing. What's that in your hand? It's a Wurmcoil Engine. Look again, the Wurmcoil Engine is now a ticket to Nagoya. Anything is possible when you cast Treasure Mage. I'm on a dragon. Currently Playing: U/R Burning Vengeance Control 10-2 http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ur-burning-vengeance-2/
Just glancing at the list and knowing modern is a fast environment he probably felt it was more important to always have the max available mana available every turn.  A tapped land turn 2 and on could mean a loss.
Flores definitely missed the whole point of burial rites...use gifts to only search for rites and iona or norn and have them both binned. You can decide to only find two cards with gifts. 
Sign In to post comments