Vaults of the Underdark map pack

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
The official description for the next map pack has now been posted. Looks like we're getting 6 old maps and 2 new ones, the same as was in the first map pack.

But the following line has me a little concerned:
" One map features two never-before-seen encounter locations: a mushroom-filled cavern and a dwarven fortress along an underground river. "

The dwarven fortress next to the underground river sounds an awful lot like the "Dwarven Outpost" poster map that was released for the old minis skirmish game. I really hope it's not because only including a single new map would push me over the edge of not buying this product.

The first map pack was great because the cathedral/chapel maps were so excellent and exactly what I was looking for, but it was still a stretch financially because I already had the other 6 maps. I really hope the new maps are of truly excellent quality.
Four double-sided posters? I thought cathedrals had three posters.

But the following line has me a little concerned:
" One map features two never-before-seen encounter locations: a mushroom-filled cavern and a dwarven fortress along an underground river. "

The dwarven fortress next to the underground river sounds an awful lot like the "Dwarven Outpost" poster map that was released for the old minis skirmish game. I really hope it's not because only including a single new map would push me over the edge of not buying this product.

Yup, I noticed the same thing, particularly since I also already have a map called Mushroom Cavern from Fantastic Locations: Hellspike Prison.

Let's hope the author has simply received the wrong info about which maps are the new ones...