Removing a card from the stack

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello all. I had to concede a duel tonight because the client seemed to get stuck with a particular card on the stack. I play on a laptop and the touchpad frequently causes mistaps. I tried using undo to unselect the card that was mistapped, but that didn't work, so I paid the mana cost so I could just move on, but the card didn't play. During my next term, that card was still on the stack and I couldn't select a different card to play. As I said, I conceded, but I'm wondering if there's a way to get cards off the stack so that I can choose a different card to play. Thanks for the help.
There's no way to go back officially in Magic, and MTGO is very strict about that.  The only thing you can undo is land taps if you haven't spent the mana yet.  Once you cast a spell, that's it.

If your trackpad is buggy, you might want a mouse for mtgo, because the misclicks will cost you.

That said, what you describe seems like more than just a misclick.  What card was it?  Do you have a screen shot?
Hmm. It sounds like you are in a situation where you have 'clicked to far'.

What I do. I firstly click on the card I want to bring to the field, for instance a rat that cost one swamp.
THEN I click the swamp to pay for the cost of the rat.
If I then regret, ok, that is my loss. It is kind of like chess. If you touch the object to move, 'tis okay, but if you start liftin/moving it, you'll have to finish it.

In MTGO, I may activate the rat, but if I haven't chosen to pay a swamp for it yet, I may still click cancel to make another choice of card to play.

This is one of those things in this game that a certain amount of people seems to think of as a bug, when it is actually the law of the game.  

In MTGO, I may activate the rat, but if I haven't chosen to pay a swamp for it yet, I may still click cancel to make another choice of card to play.

This sounds like the situation I was in, but I couldn't find a button to cancel the card that got clicked. I could undo tapping lands, but I couldn't figure out how to cancel the card that was in the area to the left to get played. I even tried going ahead and paying the mana to play it, but it didn't play and I lost a turn and then conceded.  =(

There should be an ok/cancel button on the left of the screen in the same place as all the other ok/cancel prompts.
If the card has left your hand and is on the stack then it is too late to cancel it. Although that means you would have also payed the cost already.
Also the game should not progress to another phase with anything still on the stack. If you haven't already you should really report this as a bug.

I've bought the cards and made a deck Now how do I win at this?