havengul lich perilous myr question

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
If it is my opponents turn and my lich is on the battlefield and I pay one mana for his ability can I cast my perilous myr from my graveyard on his turn since the ability tells me to cast the creature this turn?
No, it would be the same rules that would apply if you're casting something from your hand.

Changing the location of where you are casting something from does not alter those restrictions.  It wouldn't give the creature flash unless it said so.  So you could cast a Snapcaster Mage during his turn, but not your myr. 
If it is my opponents turn and my lich is on the battlefield and I pay one mana for his ability can I cast my perilous myr from my graveyard on his turn since the ability tells me to cast the creature this turn?

Havengul Lich
Perilous Myr

No. The only rule the Lich breaks is the place you're allowed to cast the creature from. The mention of "this turn" is just to reference how long you have to play the creature; you still have to follow all other rules (play during your main phase when the stack is empty, pay all costs, etc.). 
57193048 wrote:
srs rls mgr is srs
57125208 wrote:
"If you're having defense problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 soldiers but they're just 1/1."
that is horrible wording wizards needs to chance this turn to only on your turn. period no confusionn
that is horrible wording wizards needs to chance this turn to only on your turn. period no confusionn

That would be a functional change to the card, though. As it stands, you can cast the creature any time if have priority if you control, say, Vedalken Orrery

When you ask a rules question, please autocard. Type [c]Doom Blade[/c] to get Doom Blade.
What Color Am I?
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.