Enduring Ideal - Potential?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Way back when (Kamigawa-Ravnica Standard), I had a RBW Control deck that won with Enduring Ideal and Firemane Angels. It ended up getting a ridiculous win% online because when Enduring Ideal resolves, you can't lose the game.

The primary reason for that was because of Dovescape, followed by Night of Soul's Betrayal to create a lock on spells, and then Form of the Dragon (+Phyrexian Arena) for CA and to kill/protect from creatures.

I am curious as to whether the upgraded form of this combo, Dovescape + Curse of Death's Hold, coupled with the ability to trump games by tutoring up Volition Reins or Leylines of Void/Sanctity would be viable in Modern. What do you think? Is Aggro just too good for a 7 mana sorcery to resolve?
I tried making a goofy casual Enduring Ideal modern build. There have been quite a few cards since Kamigawa that give it some real threats. The idea behind mine was to win with Dovescape + Raking Canopy, just because it fit in my colors (G/W), or to fetch a Lucent Liminid and give it Eldrazi Conscription. Paradox Haze is another great tool for the deck too. It was fun and seemed like it had potential, but I scrapped it before I tested it too much for a more competitive deck.
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26007601/Wr_Myrball ~ Standard Myrball. Help me out!
It almost has promise, although, like, creatures and stuff.

The lock/infinite with Enduring Ideal/Guile was something I always wanted to build into a multiplayer deck, although I realize that getting to 7 once and then surviving a turn might be easie than casting a pair of 6drops after getting them into your hand.
76783093 wrote:
Luckily, we have stop-having-fun guys to remind us that having anything more than 60 cards in your deck is tantamount to being a rapist and anyone considering it should be strung up by their ****.
Friend of mine has been messing with it. He even has a Form of the Dragon that says "I'm a Dragoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon" on it. Or it might be the a's that are repeated. 
But yeah. If you can live long enough the deck wins. But good luck against tron. 

(at)MrEnglish22

You're going to need so much mana if you try to protect the combo with counterspells. Why not use Discard and Silence instead?

// Lands
4 [ZEN] Marsh Flats
3 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
1 [GP] Godless Shrine
1 [DIS] Hallowed Fountain
1 [RAV] Sacred Foundry
2 [UNH] Plains
4 [WL] Gemstone Mine
3 [AN] City of Brass
1 [GP] Orzhov Basilica
1 [DIS] Azorius Chancery
1 [RAV] Boros Garrison 

// Spells
4 [TSP] Lotus Bloom
4 [FD] Pentad Prism
4 [MR] Seething Song
2 [M11] Crystal Ball
4 [CHK] See Beyond
1 [US] Duress
1 [ROE] Inquisition of Kozilek
4 [M11] Silence
4 [SOK] Enduring Ideal
2 [DIS] Dovescape
2 [CHK] Curse of Death's Hold
2 [SC] Form of the Dragon
1 [SHM] Prison Term
1 [FUT] Lucent Liminid
1 [ROE] Eldrazi Conscription

Sideboard
3 [CHK] Boseiju, Who Shelters All
4 [ZEN] Journey to Nowhere
1 [CHK] Ghostly Prison
2 [M11] Leyline of Sanctity
3 [M11] Leyline of the Void
1 [RAV] Faith's Fetters
1 [SHM] Greater Auramancy

Hm, aggro is going to be tough. Anyways, this is where I'd start.