Whats your fancy 2

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
You know the drill. I will give you several platoons equeal within one point in value to an IS-2, 61 points. You choose the platoon you would prefer in lieu of an IS-2. The option of choosing an IS-2 will still be available.

Which platoon and why?

Platoon 1 - (62pts)
(1) T34/76 (28pts)
(1) SU-85 (22pts)
(1) BA-10m (12pts)

Platoon 2 – (61 pts)
(1) KV-85 (35pts)
(1) SU-76m (16pts)
(1) BT-5 (10pts)

Platoon 3 – (60pts)
(1) Guards T34/76 (30pts)
(1) Vet SU-76m (20pts)
(1) BT-5 (10pts)

Platoon 4 – (60pts)
(1) T34/76 (28pts)
(1) KV-2 (32pts)

Platoon 5 - (62pts)
(1) Vet SU-76m (20pts)
(2) SU-76m (32pts)
(1) BT-5 (10pts)

Platoon 6 – (61pts)
IS-2 (61pts)
The potentcy of the 88 was that it was present, in reasonable numbers, when it was needed, They had them. We did not. And anything an enemy has which makes life unpleasant for you tends to earn a larger-than-life reputation. Ian Hogg IMAGE(http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu197/obermasterfuhrer/Axis%20and%20Allies/Resignationsig2.jpg)A&A Underground AAM Database

I would take the IS-2 because I like quality more than quantity.
You have enough firepower to kill any heavy tank your opponent could bring in.
It has very good armour and is nearly indestructable against everything, Italians or Japanese can field.
With 8 dice versus Infantry you do not end up with a useless piece of steel when it comes to an endgame over an objective hex occupied by enemy soldiers.

The only alternative is Platoon 4 (with a KV-1 since KV-2 is more expensive).
This team is decently armoured an can cope with swarms of light Tank. Versus Panthers or Tigers they can rush in, stay alive with Heavy Armour and then flank. You can even transport Infantry and KV-1 can kill enemy Soldiers.
Give me two Points more for a Guards T-34/76 and I am happy.

I just don't like SU's. They are useless against INfantry, too easy to kill and with their limited field of fire they always get problems when losing initiative.

I choose option I as I prefer quality over quantity

Both the T34/76 amd SU-85 combine punch and good armor. and The BA adds anti infantry capability.

But my real option would be a KV-1 (32) + SU-85 (22) + 7points for Infantry :D
...,... and Rock'n Roll - but Minis are fun too...
I have to go with Platoon 1 as well. The combination of armor and anti-infantry is too good to pass up.
Platoon 4.

2 tanks are better then one.

The KV is good at taking out soldiers and you have a crack at a plane, so you have a nice mix.

The thicker armour allows you to survive an air attack and soldier swarms.    

C students rule the world!
Platoon 4.

2 tanks are better then one.

The KV is good at taking out soldiers and you have a crack at a plane, so you have a nice mix.

The thicker armour allows you to survive an air attack and soldier swarms.    

KV2 has bombardment, so no plane shooting, FYI.

Platoon 3 with a change;
take out the BT-5 for a BA10, I like the aggression 1 SA, it comes in handy.

OR

Platoon 7-[60 points]

32-KV-1
12-BA10
16-SU76

If I had to fight the other 5 platoons I would do it with the IS2. If I had to fight a typical German build,,,,,,,,,platoon 1 is looking up to task.

GW
Your Avalon Hill VCL 0c9b9c4639e3c9294f5e1f424cee47a3.jpg?v=42600
Either platoon 1 or 2 for me. Platoon one has some firepower and some armor. Platoon two has heavy armor and a 85mm gun plus. I think either would work well for me but number one would likely be my choice.

John
Personally I'll take an army of 12 panzerfaustsLaughing. Of the options above I would take platoon 4 pecause the KV-2's bombardment will hopefully weaken it, and if it takes a damage counter it has Hulking mass, therefore taking no damage, plus if the T-34 can move from cover to cover and when the time comes for the KV-2 to face the IS-2, It will come up from behind and help damage it. One thing: The KV-2 in counteroffensive was 46 points though, not 32, the KV-1 is 32. I also think if they make a new set they should make an IS-1. If an IS-3 can make it, and a type 4 horo can make it than so should an IS-1
A buddy of mine once tried the 100pt Jeeps and Bazookas build. He will never do that again. LOL  Yea your right about the price typo for the KV. I think its meant to be the 32 pt KV-1.
Sorry guys I don't get in a lot anymore but, yes, its a typo and it should be a KV-1 @ 32 points. There lots more of these excercizes over on the Underground. We did a fair number of these before they got boring.

Cheers
Ober
The potentcy of the 88 was that it was present, in reasonable numbers, when it was needed, They had them. We did not. And anything an enemy has which makes life unpleasant for you tends to earn a larger-than-life reputation. Ian Hogg IMAGE(http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu197/obermasterfuhrer/Axis%20and%20Allies/Resignationsig2.jpg)A&A Underground AAM Database