Ways to prevent teleportation?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm playing a level 22 pixie brawler fighter and would like to prevent enemies from teleporting out of my grab. What are the most expedient ways to reliably do this?

I found a lair item that prevents teleportation within 10 squares of it but I understand they can't be moved. Can this rule be circumvented by somehow making the item smaller and lighter or hauling it on Tenser's floating disk (it is a statue named Dimensional Anchor)?
I'm playing a level 22 pixie brawler fighter and would like to prevent enemies from teleporting out of my grab. What are the most expedient ways to reliably do this?

I found a lair item that prevents teleportation within 10 squares of it but I understand they can't be moved. Can this rule be circumvented by somehow making the item smaller and lighter or hauling it on Tenser's floating disk (it is a statue named Dimensional Anchor)?

Feyslaughter weapon?
Or you could use a feyslaughter weapon.
I took monk multi-classing and use only my monk unarmed strike to pummel foes, so that weapon is not an option.
Just get a boar tusk helm, gives unarmed proficiency and d10 damage. Then use a feyslaughter. Or just use the feyslaughter as you are now, with the ki implement. The only time you would have to actually use the stats on the feyslaughter is I'd you had a teleporter (I assume you don't have one every encounter?)
Have your party's crafter make you some Dimensional Shackles
Gauntlets of Discontinuity can do it once per encounter, and Foe-Caller Gauntlets have an interesting way of bringing short-range teleporters safely back into your grasp.
Dimensional Warding

It's a level 6 swordmage utility.  Daily stance that prevents enemy teleportation within two sqaures of the swordmage.  Also enemies further away cannot teleport to a square within 2 of the swordmage.

Hard to get if you've already multi-classed, but thought I'd mention it anyway.
Assassin's Bane, Warlock Utility 2, creates a burst of no teleport, and prevents some other things.  Requires a sustain minor though, and can not be repositioned. 

Bargle wrote:
This is CharOp. We not only assume block-of-tofu monsters, but also block-of-tofu DMs.

Zelink wrote:
You're already refluffing, why not refluff to something that doesn't suck?

Dimensional Pet.
Blind them all!

Infernis
Dimensional Pet.

To elaborate: this paragon-level Arcane Familiar's active mode encounter power is to prevent an adjacent creature teleporting as an immeidate interrupt, until the end of its next turn - which is more often than not, enough.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Sign In to post comments