When is Heroes of the elemantal chaos going to be on the Character builder?

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Couldn't find this information anywhere else, I want to create one of the new monks for the next season of encounters and wanted to know when it's all being incorporated into the builder?

Cheers 
Has the book even been released yet?  It should (should) be either the update after it's released, or the update after that, depending on the presence or absence of technical issues that often seem to plague the CB.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Has the book even been released yet?  It should (should) be either the update after it's released, or the update after that, depending on the presence or absence of technical issues that often seem to plague the CB.

We were told it would be added the day of release.  Which is the 21st of February, which also happens to be the Character Builder update day.

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

We were told it would be added the day of release.  Which is the 21st of February, which also happens to be the Character Builder update day.

And if we are lucky they will even get the December Rules update in there (though given it is the Character Builder I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath)

So if we want to build a character from it for D&D Encounters we have 1 day to Grok the whole book and build? Sounds like poor planning.

So if we want to build a character from it for D&D Encounters we have 1 day to Grok the whole book and build? Sounds like poor planning.

Well, they certainly aren't going to put the stuff in the builder before the book is out, and considering in the past there was a month or two delay between book release and builder updates ... your options seem to be 'one day to absorb it' or 'don't use it at all'.

Besides, considering the recent way the books have gone, there won't be THAT much information in it.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.

There is a new Sentinel (Essentials Druid) build and a new class feature for the PHB2 Druid, there are two new PHB3 Monk builds, there is an Esseentials style Sorcerer subclass (Ranged Basic and limited At-Will powers, repeatable Encounter powers, no Daily powers, if you don't like the Slayer, you probably won't like this), a new PHB1 Warlock Pact, a new Hexblade Pact and a new Wizard subclass (along the lines of the Witch from the Heroes of the Feywild).

Now that you know what is in the book, you only need to grok the new stuff for classes that interest you.

I heard the elemental encounters season is going to start off with a session 0, so people can create there characters in-store, as a group.
RS: 60/60 CS: 60/60 RotS: 60/60 U:60/60 CotF: 60/60 BH: 60/60 A&E: 51/60 TFU: 53/60 LotF: 37/60 KotOR: 37/60 CW: 26/40 IE: 31/40 JA: 17/40 G@W: 7/40 DT: 7/40 Good trades with: Lily_Wan, creme_brule, suki_jedi_apprentice, Ephant_Mon
I heard the elemental encounters season is going to start off with a session 0, so people can create there characters in-store, as a group.

Apparently this is going to be standard for Encounters going forward.  I can't say I'm too thrilled with that, but such is life.

Apparently this is going to be standard for Encounters going forward.  I can't say I'm too thrilled with that, but such is life.

Meh! If your group doesn't want to do a week zero and get right into the action, it gives you guys a week somewhere in the season where it is okay if life happens for a couple members of the group. We were happy for the week zero during the last season. We are next to a college, so when the holidays rolled around, most of our players were spending them with their families. Having the extra week meant that losing a couple weeks wasn;t a big deal.

I would rather they give a few weeks between Encounters seasons to allow for Lair Assault play.  I didn't know of any stores in my area actually doing Lair Assault, and it's something I'd really like to do.

Using the sotre locator, I've found two stores in my area that are doing Lair Assault: one I refuse to go to because the owner and his employees are horribly rude to their customers, and another is on the other side of the city and doing LA on a night on which I already have a weekly RP session.

It would be nice to play Encounters as the "starting point" and then have Lair Assault as the post-season "advanced play" for a couple of weeks.  Then, back to Encounters.
Does anybody know at which time today will the builder/compendium be updated with the new material? I'll subscribe to this thread to stop checking before it's there!

Join the Zendikar D&D Campaign Setting group: discover the fantastic world and contribute to make Zendikar a playable setting!
   - Warning! Spectacular visuals and lore ahead! ... Take a look...
Play-by-Post and my D&D blogging!

*All my latest rolls!*

Campaigns and Characters:
Zendikar: Covenant of The Forgotten Relics
- Cylonea: Merfolk (Elemental Priest) Shaman(World Speaker)/Artificer --> Sheet, Obsidian Portal's, Fluff
- Vurokk Dahvre: Shade (Escaped Slave) Blackguard of Fury --> Sheet, Obsidian Portal's, Fluff, Blogs (1, 2)
Nature's Allies
- Carwyn Sihderfein: Half-Elf (Tuathan) Blackguard of Domination / Binder of Gloom --> Sheet, Fluff, Blogs (1, 2)

Does anybody know at which time today will the builder/compendium be updated with the new material? I'll subscribe to this thread to stop checking before it's there!

the updates usually go up after 1-2pm pst.

Happy to be back on the best D&D forum on the internet!

Since nobody has posted this yet: Heroes of Elemental Chaos material is now available on the Character Builder!
I ended up replying to myself... The material is up, both on Compendium and Builder!

Join the Zendikar D&D Campaign Setting group: discover the fantastic world and contribute to make Zendikar a playable setting!
   - Warning! Spectacular visuals and lore ahead! ... Take a look...
Play-by-Post and my D&D blogging!

*All my latest rolls!*

Campaigns and Characters:
Zendikar: Covenant of The Forgotten Relics
- Cylonea: Merfolk (Elemental Priest) Shaman(World Speaker)/Artificer --> Sheet, Obsidian Portal's, Fluff
- Vurokk Dahvre: Shade (Escaped Slave) Blackguard of Fury --> Sheet, Obsidian Portal's, Fluff, Blogs (1, 2)
Nature's Allies
- Carwyn Sihderfein: Half-Elf (Tuathan) Blackguard of Domination / Binder of Gloom --> Sheet, Fluff, Blogs (1, 2)

I'm kind of new around so if this is a stupid question I apologize, but will there be a seprate tab under the Character Creation Set up for this new encounter season?

I'm on Character Builder and I don't see it at all.  It has the Lair Assult set, Talon of Umberlee, with Forgotten Realms, Eberron, Home Campaign, and Dark Sun.  Am I missing something? 
They didn't add the new Encounters option to Custom, but the stuff from the book is there, you just have to do it manually.
It's all there now but if you choose The Elder Elemental Eye campaign setting it doesn't let you pick the Elementalist or Sha'ir classes and according to the module you should be able to.

OD&D, 1E and 2E challenged the player. 3E challenged the character, not the player. Now 4E takes it a step further by challenging a GROUP OF PLAYERS to work together as a TEAM. That's why I love 4E.

"Your ability to summon a horde of celestial superbeings at will is making my ... BMX skills look a bit redundant."

"People treat their lack of imagination as if it's the measure of what's silly. Which is silly." - Noon

"Challenge" is overrated.  "Immersion" is usually just a more pretentious way of saying "having fun playing D&D."

"Falling down is how you grow.  Staying down is how you die.  It's not what happens to you, it's what you do after it happens.”

It also doesn't let you select any Themes. Does anyone know if those are allowed in the Encounters games?
It also doesn't let you select any Themes. Does anyone know if those are allowed in the Encounters games?

The themes from Elemental Chaos are allowed. I think there were some themes in Dragon 5 or 6 issues back that are also allowed. Until they fix the CB you'll have to build your character using the Home Campaign option to be able to select any of those.

Can someone tell me why the heck monk is not a selectable class for Elder Elemental Eye in the CB? I mean, I know the monk class is not technically in any of the allowed books, but c'mon, with all the new stuff for monks in Heroes of the Elemental Chaos it just doesn't make sense! Total Fail Frown 
Most likely it's because there are no rules for rolling monks in the book.  Remember that Encounters officially uses only Heroes of the Fallen Lands, Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdom, and whatever book is being featured that season.

To create a monk, you'd need to use PHB3, which is not officially used for Encounters, and may not be available in store to browse.

Does anyone really use the campaign-specific button for Encounters?  The very first season it was available, I learned not to use it as the staff I'd received for my mage was not allowed in the Encounters-specific area.  I had to rebuild the character as a home character to be able to see and equip the item that I had earned from Encounters.  After that, I figured it wasn't worth the trouble taking the chance that such a thing might happen again.

My real question is why do people earn renown only for making elementalists and sha'ir?  Shouldn't any class in the book grant the extra points?  Luckily, my DM doesn't bother with renown anymore. 
Sign In to post comments