Fiendish Demons Pact for Warlocks?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have had the idea for my world of a Fiendish but Demons themed Pact for Warlocks...

Is that doable, in fluff and crunch, and how it would look?

Did anyone create one on here or Enworld by example; could you point me to this? 
I have had the idea for my world of a Fiendish but Demons themed Pact for Warlocks...

Did anyone create one on here or Enworld by example; could you point me to this? 

Infernal Pact?

There is nothing inherently "lawful" about the Infernal Pact. I don't see why it couldn't be used to represent a pact with the Abyss as much as one from the Nine Hells.

I agree with Malak - you could certainly flavor an infernal warlock to deal with demons instead of devils.

However, if you want an Abyssal warlock to be mechanically different from an Infernal warlock, and if you're using 4th edition cosmology where the Abyss is located in the Elemental Chaos, then I'd point you to Wizard's latest release, Heroes of the Elemental Chaos. It has an Elemental pact warlock, complete with a new at-will and pact boon, and a handful (nine) of new warlock powers with an elemental theme. 

Cheers. 
Yeah. An Elemental pact warlock with the Demonspawn theme is probably what you want. Six days to go. ;)

"My flying carpet is full of elves."

The Dark Pact is also a useful one for demons imo
Yeah. An Elemental pact warlock with the Demonspawn theme is probably what you want. Six days to go. ;)

Makes thematic sense - the demonspawn's initial theme power seems to be a bit more beneficial for melee classes but it gets more universal abilities as you level up. Firecrafter and Primordial Adept for non-melee warlocks from the same book could still keep the abyssal flavor and might be more useful to non-melee warlocks.

For themes, you may also want to take a look at the Book of Vile Darkness if you want abyssal stuff.  Vile Scholar  is great for a Charisma-based warlock, or you could reflavor Infernal Slave or Cultist themes to fit well into a demon pact. And, of course, the Book of Vile Darkness has the Demonologist Paragon Path if you want a quasit companion - the level 20 power won't be exceptional for an Elemental Pack Warlock, however.

Not in my world - it would fit more a dualistic religion I have taken from the 3,0 gods-book, the dark side.

Not in my world - it would fit more a dualistic religion I have taken from the 3,0 gods-book, the dark side.

And are demons not part of this dark side?

And are demons not part of this dark side?

Complex a bit and not elaborated too much - but demons are the PoL so in a way yes, but elementals as too, and it is like if there was, according to some of that in-game theology, a 'principle ultimate' beyond Feywild and Shadowfell both, maybe...

Toldoth is darkness darkness...