Is there solitaire?!

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Knowing that beta-testers are bound by their COC-spell...

Is it too frivolent of me to ask if anyone knows if there will be implemented an engine that makes it possible to play MTGO (solitaire) offline?

I would like that.   
I highly doubt that.  MTGO is only a UI, nothing more.  All of your cards and the rules engines are hosted on WotCs servers.  No connection to the servers, and the client doesn't know how to play MTG.

My forever unfinished blog of the 2010 MTGO Community Cup: if you're ever bored...
Thanks for the reply.

I had a little spark of hope that it might include something like this (ref: steam offline modus).
I am not always able to be online, so it would have been nice to sit and tinker with my deck(s) offline.
I basically use solitaire as it is, to see how quickly I can kill myself, and to see how symbiotic my setup is.
There are few things that are worse than entering a match to suddenly figure out that the whole 'plan' drops like a brick due to a/thee card that sounded good, but essentially breaks the whole deck.

I love building a deck and play it repeatedly, just to merge it with the marrowbone, to know every details of what works and what not.

Several times i have been sitting contemplating about 'that certain card' and why it doesn't fit. it is awkward for a person with ADHD to have a train of thought working, just to be denied the opportunity to try it out while the thought-pattern is still being remembered.  
Thanks for the reply.

I had a little spark of hope that it might include something like this (ref: steam offline modus).
I am not always able to be online, so it would have been nice to sit and tinker with my deck(s) offline.
I basically use solitaire as it is, to see how quickly I can kill myself, and to see how symbiotic my setup is.
There are few things that are worse than entering a match to suddenly figure out that the whole 'plan' drops like a brick due to a/thee card that sounded good, but essentially breaks the whole deck.

I love building a deck and play it repeatedly, just to merge it with the marrowbone, to know every details of what works and what not.

Several times i have been sitting contemplating about 'that certain card' and why it doesn't fit. it is awkward for a person with ADHD to have a train of thought working, just to be denied the opportunity to try it out while the thought-pattern is still being remembered.  

It used to be that you could do this. In v2.5. At least in theory. I never actually used this ability. But you can load .txt lists in notepad or some other editor and tinker with them that way. Not as fun without the visuals but it is something.

Winter.Wolf

You can use the deck editor offline as well as browse your (cached) collection. You can't draw practice hands.
Thanks for the reply.

It used to be that you could do this. In v2.5. At least in theory. I never actually used this ability. But you can load .txt lists in notepad or some other editor and tinker with them that way. Not as fun without the visuals but it is something.

You can edit decks just fine on v3, you just can't play solitare.

My forever unfinished blog of the 2010 MTGO Community Cup: if you're ever bored...