Yuan-ti killer, please help me

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am looking for a class/paragon path/backround/theme/feat or anything else that could help my character develop into something like the Serpent Slayer prestige class from Serpent Kingdoms (3.5 FR edition)
Here is the link to the description of this old class:  www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/200...
Is it still possible to create such a pg, or at least something similar to it? I am planning a sespent folk-focused adventure (with nagas and yuan-ti) and i want my pg to be a sworn enemy of this race.
Relentless Slayer, an Avenger PP from Divine Power. In this path, you can have a Slayer's Enemy, which is basically the equivalent of specifying your favorite foe for a 3.5 ranger. Specify 'reptile' and you're golden.

Your friendly neighborhood Revenant Minotaur Half-Blooded Dragonborn Fighter Hybrid Barbarian Multiclassing into Warlord

IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1223957875/Scorecards/Landscape.png)

Relentless Slayer, an Avenger PP from Divine Power.

Thank you so much! It looks perfect indeed, also because it's a divine class same as the serpent slayer, which was in fact a cleric most of the time.
Since you helped me once, maybe you can help me twice:
- which FR deity do you think is best for this avenger's role? For the Serpent Slayer it was Helm (accordng to the backgound of that prestige class) but he's dead. Torm could be fine but i was wondering if SSeth (the god of the snakefolk) has some sworn-enemy among the other Gods.
-which Avenger's censure do you think suits best this class? I know it depends on the way i prefere to use my pg, but i think that the Censure of Persuit coould do great at representing the hatred my pg feels for the yuan-ti. On the other hand, maybe the yuan-ti will not escape from me, so the Censure of Retribution could be better in case i find myself surrounded by many of them.

I think the Vengeance Domain would be perfect, but i really don't know how this Domain could work with a good or unaligned deity.
Glad it works out for you! To answer your other questions:

-- Seth has no sworn enemy as far as I know, so Torm should be fine.

-- I would recommend Censure of Pursuit. Theatrically, you are going to hunt them down no matter the cost, and you will NOT let them escape. Perfect for a vengeance/hatred-centric character, I think.

Hmmm... about the Vengeance domain... Try discussing it with your DM. There's nothing that says you absolutely HAVE to worship a certain god to get a certain domain. You could try to convince him to give it to you simply because of strong RP reasons.

And if your DM still won't go through with it, try the Justice domain. After all, the line between justice and vengeance can get very blurry at times...

Your friendly neighborhood Revenant Minotaur Half-Blooded Dragonborn Fighter Hybrid Barbarian Multiclassing into Warlord

Since there are many feats that i can chose to improve my oaths and avenger's abilities, i think i'll just not chose any domain, , at least in the first half of the heroic tier. Then...we'll see
Btw, do you know if there's a way to make my pc resistant to disease/poison that yuan-ti may cause? I have been checking all my books and some dragon magazines too buut i have found nothing so far. Isn't there any "resist poison" feat or similar ones? Thank you again. 
Not 110% sure since I don't have DDI, but I'm pretty sure there's not a feat that grants you resistance to acid/poison.

You can, however, look at items. At the very basic level, you can get Armor of Resistance (AV) and get resist poison. Immunizing Armor (AV) specializes against poison, but is Scale/Plate. Maybe you can try haggling with the DM to let you apply the armor's properties to cloth.

In fact, don't be afraid to try getting some reflavoring past your DM. I don't have time to peruse the entirety of magic items and the such, but there must be something that you can reflavor to fit your character design. If you present a reasonable case to your DM, he should be able to let it pass.

Glad I could help.

Ironically for a Yuan-ti Slayer, the "Snake-Blooded" feat provides poison resistance.
Ironically for a Yuan-ti Slayer, the "Snake-Blooded" feat provides poison resistance.

I know...T.T But i absolutely refuse to let my character have a mix-blood with that cursed race! XD

On the other hand, on Dragon Magazine 391 i found the Poison Adaptation feat that provides me with 5 poison resistance , then 10 then 15. But it's mainly designed for dwarves, even if there is no real prequisite for it.

I am trying to decide weather to take Poison Adaptation or Melee Training instead, since it let me use my high wis instead of my poor str when making melee basis attacks (and 2 out of 3 of the Relentless Slayer powers include melee basic attacks, so i think it could be usefull)

This is my 7 feat list for the first 10 levels (assuming my slayer is human):

Unarmored Agility (PHB3)
Imporved Armor of Faith (PHB2)
Invigurating Pursuit (PHB2)
Closing Pledge (DP)
Avenging Opportunist (DP)
Oath Strike (DP)
Poison Adaptation (DM391) OR Human Perseverance (PHB) OR Melee Training (PHB2)

All these talents are meant to strenghten my avengers abilities, provide him with better AC and the last talent is still not confirmed.

Again, i wanna thank you guys for telling me your opinions. You are being very helpfull! 
From an optimization perspective, you probably want Melee Training first.  Poison Adaptation seems entirely appropriate.  Your character has probably metabolized plenty of snake venom in his extended hunt, maybe he's as resistant to it as the toughest dwarf now.  Or maybe you fluff it as a boon of protection from his god.
From an optimization perspective, you probably want Melee Training first.

I realized that if i put 15 on str (18 wis, 15 str and 15 dex) instead of con, i still have a decent fortitude bonus and i don't need to take Melee Training, since i have a good str bonus for the melee basic attacks. And this way i also have bonus to athletics checks.
This way, i have a free slot for Poison Adaptation, and then my 10-lvl character is fine i think
Good fortitude bonus against poison (plus the posion adaptation feat), good attacks, good AC, good defence bonuses,  and good physical abilities (athetics, acrobatics, stealth and perception would be the skills i take, plus religion of course)