List of Essential only classes?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi,

I would like to start an essential only campaign.

Can anyone poinnt out of a list of all essential classes please?

I mean really all of them (incl. Dragon Mag variants)... not the ones in the two player essentails books only?

Thanks!
Hi,

I mean really all of them (incl. Dragon Mag variants)... not the ones in the two player essentails books only?

Thanks!

www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/da...
every class from a "heroes of" book, or dragon 402
Am I missing something? (Book of Vile Darkness maybe?):

* Wizard (Bladesinger)    Controller    Arcane    Intelligence, Dexterity    Neverwinter Campaign Setting
* Battlemind    Defender    Psionic    Constitution, Wisdom, Charisma    Player's Handbook 3
* Rogue (Scoundrel)    Striker    Martial    Dexterity; Strength, Charisma    Multiple Sources
* Warlock (Binder)    Controller    Arcane    Charisma; Dexterity or Intelligence    Heroes of Shadow
* Paladin (Blackguard)    Striker    Divine    Strength, Charisma    Heroes of Shadow
* Assassin (Executioner)    Striker    Martial    Dexterity, Charisma    Heroes of Shadow
* Vampire    Striker    Shadow    Dexterity, Charisma    Heroes of Shadow
* Wizard (Mage)    Controller    Arcane    Intelligence; Constitution, Wisdom, or Charisma    Heroes of the Fallen Lands
* Fighter (Knight)    Defender    Martial    Strength, Constitution    Heroes of the Fallen Lands
* Cleric (Warpriest)    Leader    Divine    Wisdom, Constitution    Heroes of the Fallen Lands
* Rogue (Thief)    Striker    Martial    Dexterity; Strength or Charisma    Heroes of the Fallen Lands
* Fighter (Slayer)    Striker    Martial    Strength, Dexterity    Heroes of the Fallen Lands
* Wizard (Witch)    Controller    Arcane    Intelligence, Wisdom    Heroes of the Feywild
* Druid (Protector)    Controller    Primal    Wisdom, Constitution, Dexterity    Heroes of the Feywild
* Barbarian (Berserker)    Defender and Striker    Martial    Strength, Dexterity    Heroes of the Feywild
* Bard (Skald)    Leader    Arcane    Charisma, Intelligence    Heroes of the Feywild
* Ranger (Hunter)    Controller    Martial    Dexterity, Wisdom    Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms
* Paladin (Cavalier)    Defender    Divine    Strength, Charisma    Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms
* Druid (Sentinel)    Leader    Primal    Wisdom, Constitution    Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms
* Warlock (Hexblade)    Striker    Arcane    Charisma; Dexterity or Constitution    Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms
* Ranger (Scout)    Striker    Martial    Dexterity, Wisdom    Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms
* Hybrid Warlock (Binder)    Controller    Arcane    Charisma, Dexterity, Intelligence    Dragon Magazine 402
* Hybrid Paladin (Cavalier)    Defender    Divine    Strength, Charisma    Dragon Magazine 402
* Hybrid Druid (Sentinel)    Leader    Primal    Wisdom, Constitution    Dragon Magazine 402
* Hybrid Paladin (Blackguard)    Striker    Divine    Strength, Charisma    Dragon Magazine 402
* Hybrid Assassin (Executioner)    Striker    Martial    Dexterity, Charisma    Dragon Magazine 402
* Hybrid Vampire    Striker    Shadow    Dexterity, Charisma    Dragon Magazine 402
scoundrel and battlemind arent essentials
You are right.. odd that it came up in the compendium...
Hi,

Thanks!

What you're looking for is "Essentials+".  Essentials only refers to 10 very particular products.  There are several products with the "Essentials Style" but they are not "Essentials".  This makes it hard to answer your question, then, because what "Essentials+" literally means is "Essentials and everything released after Essentials" but that includes things like the new Elemental Monk, which follows an O4e design.  Technically, it can be argued that classes re-released via the Class Compendium are Essentials+ as well.
Indeed "Essential style" is what I'm looking for...

So the monk is one of them... any more classes or classbuilds?
This just raises the question, what do you consider Essentials style? The actual Essentials books encompass at least three distinct class styles I can think of, and one of them, exhibited in the Mage, fits nicely enough into the pre-Essentials style that you can call pre-Essentials classes part of that style.

Better info to help you determine which classes or subclasses you want available in your game would come from asking why, specifically, you want to run an Essentials-only game.

If you want to run an Essentials-only game to call it Essentials-only or to limit the amount of possible choices for ease, simplicity, or convenience, you really need to go with just Heroes of the Fallen Lands and Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms. If you want to run a game that doesn't have anything released before Essentials for some reason, then just get a list of which books with classes were released after Essentials, and look for those books in the filters under the class section of the compendium. That'll at least get you the class names and sources, even if you're not a subscriber.
Sign In to post comments