Need 1st Edition Premium Book Character Sheets

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Greetings.

Since this is the only "future releases" forum I decided to post this here. Please forgive that it refers for support for the 1st Edition Premium Player's Handbook and other products in April this year. I pre-ordered these books yesterday at my local brick and mortar store to the total of $121.74. If these are indeed exact reprints (sans the covers) then there will be no character record sheets included.

For the past eight months or so I have been musing with my local game group about running a retro AD&D campaign. Obviously, this was before that WotC announced the Gygax Memorial Reprints. I have tracked down several good reconstructions of the goldenrod-era AD&D character sheets suitable for laser printing. While I enjoy these myself several of my players would rather have the iconic character sheets as presented in their youth. Most of them used the REF 2: Character Record Sheets (as reprinted for Second Edition) as code TSR 9264. This was the "green" version rather than the white & orange ones.

Could we please get the DDI staff here at Wizards of the Coast to post some new high quality PDF character sheets suitable for use with the the 1st Edition Premium Player's Handbook? Thanks! Lots of people are going to be asking for these if they intend on actually running a retro game!

Also, if anyone could send me a personal message or e-mail with links to any high quality reproductions of REF 2: Character Record Sheets {TSR 9264}, green version, that would be great.

Thanks again.
You might try www.rpgsheets.com

And this probably isn't the right place to ask about this. There's a "D&D Previous Editions" section down at the bottom of the D&D forum list. If RPGSheets doesn't pan out, I'd ask there instead.
-m4ki; one down, one to go

"Retro is not new. Retro-fit is not new." --Seeker95, on why I won't be playing DDN

|| DDN Metrics (0-10) | enthusiasm: 1 | confidence in design: -3 | desire to play: 0 | Sticking with 4e?: Yep. | Better Options: IKRPG Mk II ||
The Five Things D&D Next Absolutely Must Not Do:
1. Imbalanced gameplay. Any and all characters must be able to contribute equally both in combat and out of combat at all levels of play. If the Fighters are linear and the Wizards quadratic, I walk. 2. Hardcore simulationist approach. D&D is a game about heroic fantasy. I'm weak and useless enough in real life; I play RPGs for a change of pace. If the only reason a rule exists is because "that's how it's supposed to be", I walk. I don't want a game that "simulates" real life, I want a game that simulates heroic fantasy. 3. Worshipping at false idols (AKA Sacred Cows). If the only reason a rule exists is "it's always been that way", I walk. Now to be clear, I have no problem with some things not changing; my issue is with retaining bad idea simply for the sake of nostalgia. 4. DM vs. players. If the game encourages "gotcha!" moments or treats the DM and players as enemies, adversaries, or problems to be overcome, I walk. 5. Rules for the sake of rules. The only thing I want rules for is the things I can't do sitting around a table with my friends. If the rules try to step on my ability to roleplay the character I want to roleplay, I walk. Furthermore, the rules serve to facilitate gameplay, not to simulate the world. NOTE: Items in red have been violated.
Chris Perkins' DM Survival Tips:
1. When in doubt, wing it. 2. Keep the story moving. Go with the flow. 3. Sometimes things make the best characters. 4. Always give players lots of things to do. 5. Wherever possible, say ‘yes.’ 6. Cheating is largely unnecessary. 7. Don't be afraid to give the characters a fun new toy. 8. Don't get in the way of a good players exchange. 9. Avoid talking too much. 10. Save some details for later. 11. Be transparent. 12. Don't show all your cards. Words to live by.
Quotes From People Smarter Than Me:
"Essentials zigged, when I wanted to continue zagging..." -Foxface on Essentials "Servicing a diverse fan base with an RPG ruleset - far from being the mandate for 'open design space' and a cavalier attitude towards balance - requires creating a system that /works/, with minimal fuss, for a wide variety of play styles, not just from one group to the next, but at the same table." -Tony_Vargas on design "Mearls' and Cook's stated intent to produce an edition that fans of all previous editions (and Pathfinder) will like more than their current favourite edition is laudable. But it is also, IMO, completely unrealistic. It's like people who pray for world peace: I might share their overall aims, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for them to succeed. When they talk in vague terms about what they'd like to do in this new edition, I mostly find myself thinking 'hey, that sounds cool, assuming they can pull it off', but almost every time they've said something specific about actual mechanics, I've found myself wincing and shaking my head in disbelief and/or disgust, either straight away or after thinking about the obvious implications for half a minute." -Duskweaver on D&D Next

You might try www.rpgsheets.com And this probably isn't the right place to ask about this. There's a "D&D Previous Editions" section down at the bottom of the D&D forum list. If RPGSheets doesn't pan out, I'd ask there instead.

Thanks for the link but Rpgsheets.com isn't what I am looking for. I am not looking for scans of the old sheets. I am looking for quality reproductions or cloned new sheets that are 99.44% essentially the same. Scans, including the ones that Wizards used to sell thru rpgnow.com, are quite honestly sub-standard for today's computers and printers.

There are some amazing reproductions out there. I just haven't seen one for the green sheet. I can probably make one myself but looking to avoid re-inventing the wheel if possible.

This forum is the only "Future Releases" one here. I am looking for support from the DDI staff on my pre-order purchase of the the 1st Edition Premium Player's Handbook. They should put up some downloadable character sheets to support those purchases.

Good Gaming!

Hey I just wantd to drop a line and say that I totalily understand what you are asking for here. If they are going to rerelease the books they might as well offer the character sheets. Off center and accidently-rotated scans of xerox copies from the 80s are not fun to play with. 
Off center and accidently-rotated scans of xerox copies from the 80s are not fun to play with. 

But that's part of the true Retro-game experience...Tongue Out

dragonsfoot has the best 1e sheets

this one is my fave

www.dragonsfoot.org/php4/archive.php?sec...=
The closest that I have found to the original REF2 sheets from the halcyon days of 1e are here, at madirishmans:  MI_AD&D2CharacterRecordSheets.pdf (application/pdf Object)   It opens in a .pdf, but you can select the elements for your character, and it includes the classes from the original Unearthed Arcana (if you use that).

Good gaming,
Jax
Hello again! We have less than a month to go until the 1st Edition Premium Player's Handbook is for sale.

Could we please get the DDI staff here at Wizards of the Coast to post some new high quality PDF character sheets suitable for use with the the 1st Edition Premium Player's Handbook? Thanks! Lots of people are going to be asking for these if they intend on actually running a retro game! I have enjoyed the posted preview pages.

Good Gaming!
Sign In to post comments