Summon Natural ally

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just a couple of questions about the protector druid. Is there anywhere i can print out the stats for my summon natural ally summons? i searched but only found them listed in the feywild sectoin of the compendium, it says on my character sheet to look at companions sheet, but im not sure were that is either. and when using the natures growth power, it says i ignore the difficult terrain, does this mean that movement effects from other creatures work on me, if an enemy pushes, slides me will i move? and finally can i use push slide etc on enemies, well im in its area of effect? Thanks.

When you use Nature's Growth, you get to ignore the difficult terrain created by that power. You're still affected by any other difficult terrain caused by anything else. Difficult terrain doesn't affect whether or not you can be affected by forced movement or force movement onto someone else, although it may affect how far you or they get get moved.

From the Compendium

Difficult Terrain

Rubble, undergrowth, shallow bogs, steep stairs, and other impediments are difficult terrain, which hampers movement. Each square of difficult terrain costs 1 extra square of movement to enter. Because difficult terrain costs that extra square of movement to enter, a creature can’t normally shift into it.

Summon Nature's Ally is a Summoning power, and the creatures you call follow all the regular rules for summoned creatures, including how to determine their stats and hit points, which can be found in both the Player's Handbook and the Heroes of the Fallen Lands/Forgotten Kingdoms books.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

When you use Nature's Growth, you get to ignore the difficult terrain created by that power. You're still affected by any other difficult terrain caused by anything else. Difficult terrain doesn't affect whether or not you can be affected by forced movement or force movement onto someone else, although it may affect how far you or they get get moved.

Sorry to be nitpicky, but:
Show
Forced Movement and Terrain

Difficult Terrain: Forced movement isn’t hindered by difficult terrain.

DT doesn't slow down forced movement.

As for the companions stats, try the companion stats selection when looking at the character sheet in the character builder (should be at the top left or right of the first page, the only dragdown menu available).
Thanks a lot for the replies, Found the companion on the sheet. Summoning and natures growth, combined with grasping claws, or savage rend look like a fun combination, looking forward to trying this class out. Cheers.
Sign In to post comments