Deadly Allure VS Arachnus Spinner

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Today i met this problem - there was only one creature on each side - Zombie Token(2/2) and Arachnus Spinner(5/7) gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.... . I cast Deadly Allure gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.... and atacked. I said that the spider must block my token and die, but my opponent said he uses the spider ability, tap him spider and cast Arachnus Web on my token, so my deathtouch don't work. Who is right?
Deadly allure says that your creature must be blocked if able. If your opponent's creature is tapped, it isn't able to block your creature, so it doesn't. Your opponent is welcome to take actions which cause his creature to be tapped and thus unable to block.

EDIT: I may have misunderstood. If your opponent is claiming that Arachnus Web shuts off Deathtouch, that is incorrect. Deathtouch is a static ability, not an activated ability.
Deathtouch is not an activated ability and is not stopped by Arachnus Web. It is however possible to tap the Arachnus Spinner before blockers are declared, thus rendering it unable to block. Even if there is no Arachnus Web in the entire deck! If the Web is searched for and attached before attackers are declared, the token cannot attack. If it gets attached after it attacked, the Web will not remove the token from combat.
So when i declare my atack and after that Arachnus Web is put on my creature, this creature continue his atack and do damage, right?
So when i declare my atack and after that Arachnus Web is put on my creature, this creature continue his atack and do damage, right?

Correct. Arachnus Web cannot stop your creature from being declared as an attacker, because it has already attacked.
Keep in mind your opponent has a chance after your main phase before your declare attackers step to search for an arachnus web. If you declare you're going to move into the declare attackers step, your opponent can then get an arachnus web using his spider.

Edit: And into 'before'
Keep in mind your opponent has a chance after your main phase and your declare attackers step

Main phase yes, but doing it after reaching the declare attackers step will not stop a creature from attacking. Perhaps you meant "beginning of combat"? Or, instead of "after" you meant "between"?

Sean Stackhouse Level Two Judge (Yay!) Maine

Keep in mind your opponent has a chance after your main phase and your declare attackers step

Main phase yes, but doing it after reaching the declare attackers step will not stop a creature from attacking. Perhaps you meant "beginning of combat"? Or, instead of "after" you meant "between"?

I did indeed mean 'before' rather than 'and'. he gets to tap arachnus spinner and find a web after your main phase but before your declare attackers step.