D&D Magazine PDFs

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Not sure where I was supposed to ask this question, so I'm posting it here.

Did they stop releasing a single pdf collection of that month's Dragon Magazine? If I missed something, where can I download this month's Dragon Magazine?

I just recently rejoined D&DI, & I want to be able to read the magazines while I commute to & from work. I don't want to have to download each of the dozens of articles individually.

Thanks.
I believe the entire issue as a pdf was stopped at the end of 2011 to make it harder to illegally distribute the magazines. Bit of shame that a tiny fraction of unscrupulous people spoil it for the rest of us.
It was shown that folks would download indivisual articles more than they downloaded whole issues, so compiling whole issues was discontinued.
Show
Of the two approaches to hobby games today, one is best defined as the realism-simulation school and the other as the game school. AD&D is assuredly an adherent of the latter school. It does not stress any realism (in the author's opinon an absurd effort at best considering the topic!). It does little to attempt to simulate anything either. (AD&D) is first and foremost a game for the fun and enjoyment of those who seek the use of imagination and creativity.... In all cases, however, the reader should understand that AD&D is designed to be an amusing and diverting pastime, something which an fill a few hours or consume endless days, as the participants desire, but in no case something to be taken too seriously. For fun, excitement and captivating fantasy, AD&D is unsurpassed.As a realistic simulation of things from the realm of make-believe or even as a reflection of midieval or ancient warfare or culture or society, it can be deemed only a dismal failure. Readers who seek the later must search elsewhere. - Gary Gygax. 1e DMG.
I believe the entire issue as a pdf was stopped at the end of 2011 to make it harder to illegally distribute the magazines. Bit of shame that a tiny fraction of unscrupulous people spoil it for the rest of us.

That sounds like the reason why they made the character builder and aventure tools an online-only application. Removing the whole-dragon-issue offering wouldn't be even remotely effective as solely an anti-piracy measure, though.

~The Chilli God Has Spoken.

To save costs- they discontinued compiling the magazines. It sucks and I'm still pretty annoyed that they stopped doing it. The whole thing about more individual articles being loaded more than compiled magazines is one of the dumbest excuses I've heard. Of course the individual articles are downloaded more than compiled magazines- there are 10 times as many individual articles as there are compiled magazine downloads.
Ah, yeah, ok. I thought I remembered something about that.

Well, that's really disappointing, & it kind of makes me regret renewing my membership.

Anyway, enough of that. Thanks for the help with my question, guys!
Let's take a product and make it worse for our paying customers so we can inconvenience a few people who steal it. 

Pretty much that. 
Sign In to post comments