Elations #293 - Whispers of the Forest

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Whispers of the Forest |
Enchantment
Vanishing 3
Creatures you control get +1/+1.
The voice of nature is one you don't notice until it's gone.

Comments and constructive criticism welcome, as always.
It's alright, but possibly a little undercosted. Compare Glorious Charge; this trades instant-speed shenanigans for two extra turns of longevity.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Hmm, disagree with that. Charge is an instant trick that pumps your team - it doubles as removal etc. This is more comparable to Glorious Anthem for me - I think the trade off is good, though I think the vanishing number may need tweaking. Don't ask me by how much, I don't know.
It's tough to play as-is. Even if it last longer.... given honor of the pure is really an effect as cheap as it can get. I would say green wants bigger buff for shorter time. 

2 mana, +2/+2 for 2 turns. : P for the love of melvin.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Or i would rather have a leave-play trigger than vanishing.

I am dull at flavor and it's weird that, according to the card, you actually DO notice the "voice" and then you don't feel it anymore when it's gone. hm.............

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
But that's insane.
yea sorry i got carried away. i just read it lol

Whisper of the Forest
Enchantment
Creatures you control gets +1/+1.
Whenever a Forest is untapped, sacrifice ~.

yea so they untap and stop whispering. You can of course try to pay the 1 :G: with a nonbasic land for the effect to last longer. : D but still i don't know where the whisper came from if there were no forest in the first place lol hahahaha see i'm bad XD

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Whispers of the Forest |
Enchantment
Vanishing 3
The voice of nature is one you don't notice until it's gone.

Whisper of the Forest
Enchantment
Creatures you control gets +1/+1.
Whenever a Forest is untapped, sacrifice ~.

Whispers of the Forests
Enchantment
Vanishing 1
Whenever a Forest enters the battlefield under your control, put a time counter on ~.
Whispers of the Forests
Enchantment
Vanishing 1
Whenever a Forest enters the battlefield under your control, put a time counter on ~.

Winner!

Seriously... it has a drawback... but the drawback can be fought by green's land searching.  I kinda like it! 
Show
144902215 wrote:
Sometimes I imagine what Cisnero's life must be like. I imagine cargo pants - every pocket stuffed with coins. I imagine him (I almost said "him or her" but then I decided his gender with through the randomization of a small metal disk) - I imagine him, shopping, purchasing food, choosing which spot to park in, all through this meticulous flipping process. I imagine him asking a girl out, taking her to have a drink or whatever and then asking if she wants to play this fun game. When she responds "Sure." he removes a single quarter from one of his jingling pockets. Then proceeds to flip it repeatedly while she calls it - until she is able to make up an excuse to leave. Will he respond to this post? Only if the Chaotic Gods of Copper and Nickel deem it so. Someday many years from now, in the Dystopian future world, I'll ride my Billy Idol Unicycle past a bedraggled slumbub - He'll be clad in armor made all of the (now worthless) coins of yesterdecade. He'll grin a shiny grin at me as he flips another coin - and I'll know who it was. How could I not?