stream of life question

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, there is this PC priest in my group that is perhaps abusing stream of life. The power says: Effect: You take ongoing 5 damage (save ends). This dam­
age can't be reduced in any way. At the end of your turn, you can choose not to make a saving throw against this ongoing damage.Whenever you take the ongoing dam­ age, an ally within 5 squares of you regains 15 hit points.
not a problem in itself but using it in conjunction with divine power: target: Each enemy in burst you can see Attack: Strength vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier radiant damage, and you push
the target 1 square. Effect: Until the end of the encounter, you gain regeneration
5, and you and each ally within the burst gain a +2 power bonus to AC.

as the damage isn't being reduced in stream of life...it's being regenerated; he can effectively heal one person per round 20 damage (he has a 20 wiz, so add 5 to the stream of life "healing keyword'). am I missing something? should he still be taking the 5 dmg per round or not?
this seems a little broken.
thanks.
Two things that make this combo a little worse than it seems:

1) Healer's Lore does not apply to stream of life because it does not involve spending a surge (so just 15 healing).

2) The regeneration from Divine Power only applies while bloodied.

PHB page 61.
Healer’s Lore:
Your study of healing allows you to make the most of your healing prayers. When you grant healing with one of your cleric powers that has the healing key- word, add your Wisdom modifier to the hit points the recipient regains.

Also, just looking over divine power and do not see anything about the regen applying only when bloodied.
is there errata I should be looking at?

thanks though....
Healer's Lore has been errata'd, yes

"Not only are you wrong, but I even created an Excel spreadsheet to show you how wrong you are." --James Wyatt, May 2006

Dilige, et quod vis fac

Also, just looking over divine power and do not see anything about the regen applying only when bloodied.  is there errata I should be looking at?

The compendium lists the effect of Divine Power as "Effect: Until the end of the encounter, you have regeneration 5 while you are bloodied, and you and each ally in the burst gain a +2 power bonus to AC."

I don't see anything wrong with using Stream of Life in conjunction with regeneration since the regeneration isn't reducing the stream of life damage.

Bill Newsome

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

"In a hole in the ground there lived....my clan of halfling thieves!"

You're blowing two Dailies to do this.  You'd better get some serious kickback on that deal.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.