Roleplaying?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
I don't care if it sounds nerdy. I'm on a forum for frickin... Magic the Gathering. So I'm gonna ask.

Anyone ever do some decent plane-oriented RPing around here? Turn-based roleplaying? Everyone makes a character, and gets together and tells a story out of it? If yes, someone want to direct me to where these take place? If no, anyone interested in doing something like this? I used to do it a LOT for SWTOR era of star wars before SWTOR actually came out. Great way to do some creative writing. The biggest problem is getting a commitment from the group members your'e playing with... 
Somebody was talking about making a MtG roleplaying at some point. I suggested him to look up on Planescape.
There is an online freeform RP group around called Gleemax. The MEM teamed up with them for a bit, but they never really contributed so much as we used their subforum.
ah. but there's none around here? I mean, I was more asking about local roleplay. I like the atmosphere of these forums. A lot of you guys seem like you'd be fun to RP with.

Also, isn't planescape D&D? 
Yes, 2nd ed from memory. It's just that there're parallels between that and planeswalkers in MtG that I suggest him to look for ideas there for his MtG roleplay.

Also, there's a thread in the forum of the Order of the Stick website where people are discussing how to put the New Phyrexia in DnD 3.5.
I was putting together a weekly D&D game based on Ravnica and its guilds.... then i kind of got bogged down looking for work.

I do intend to establish a Magic F&S forum weekly Roleplay game.
… and then, the squirrels came.
I could help you out with that if you wanted. I've got several years of RP experience, it'd be cool to help build something like that.
Sure, if you want. Here's a link to the thread.

Feel free to post your ideas.

Currently, I have to slog through about a million spells and assign them a color/colors. Then there are some other things that have to be done.
coolio. I'm just going to skim it tonight, but I'll look it over more thoroughly tomorrow. I get home early and've got some time to burn before FNM....
I believe I was the person you suggested.

Btw Skibo have you been looking at my thread, or no?

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
I believe I was the person you suggested.

Btw Skibo have you been looking at my thread, or no?

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

I've been meaning to, but then i got bogged down in other things.

I'm currently working on a short story: (Parcher Postmending: the Ravnica conjecture)

But i'll check out your posting when i have time.

* I think Barinellos also had some D&D stuff as well.
So what ever happened to this?
Just saw this thread.

Gleemax Roleplaying, if anyone's still interested.  Kinda inactive since it's not the holiday season yet, but there are people around. Contact me.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Wow, this has been a while. Skibo, what ever happened to Parcher?

We should do another M:EM RP... the first was fun, it just was too vast in scope, I'm afraid.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Sure! You're always welcome to start an RP.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Wow, this has been a while. Skibo, what ever happened to Parcher?

I got a full time job. I've been debating whether to do Parcher Postmending, or a do Guildwars (A retelling of hte early days of Ravnica starting with the guildwards and ending with Szadek leading the army of skeletons against Ravnica.)

But there's alot of questions about Ravnica's early days, so i might just do Parcher.