Vampire Bat's Belfry: Douglat Targoat, Goblin Mechanist

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Douglat Targoat, Goblin Mechanist

Artwork: A goblin wearing glasses and a dirty lab coat that is singed on the edges looking at a button on a panel, arm out, tempted.

Legendary Creature - Goblin Artificer
: Put target triggered ability of a creature or artifact on the stack. (You control the ability and choose any targets.) 

"What button did you push THIS time?"
1/1

Tribute to..Douglas Fargo..

The idea came to me and I had to put it out there.. is it too cheap?
My colors and decks
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

whatcolor_isblack.jpg
Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Pilot of: Thrullilicious Bats in the Belfry Glittering Totem Citadel of Barbs Thallid Salad Spreading Slivers Swamped Hardheaded The Big Green Kobold Fire, Fire! The Eyes of Deception It's Complicated Candyman Faceless How to Annoy Friends and Alienate Enemies
Where's the fun in that?
I see this doing silly things with Allies come's into play abilities, the Morbid mechanic, and I'm not even sure how it interacts with stuff like clone or the Aether enchantments.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Magic is 13+.  Meaning they suggest 13-year-olds to play Magic.

I would oppose the printing of anything named "Fargot" when 13-year-olds play.
I read "forgot" in an accent.
I read "forgot" in an accent.

You should come down to the merry old South of England.

I fargot my vegetarbl lasargnar!
Sounds like an old southern man from America with no teeth.
Well thats why I made it legendary, Azure, it enables shenanigans but you can't have 4 out to wreak havoc short of a lot of mirrors or an imposter (that clone legend that doesnt copy name or something that copies abilities). Obviously it couldn't interact with clone type triggers, since the trigger of 'enters play as a copy of' theres nothing coming into play, so the tap is simply wasted.

But for the allies it could be useful, or for exalted.

Id probably rename it to something that sounded like Fargo, but I was aiming for a fantasy spelling of it.

Tar Goat, Goblin Mechanist?
My colors and decks
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

Pilot of: Thrullilicious Bats in the Belfry Glittering Totem Citadel of Barbs Thallid Salad Spreading Slivers Swamped Hardheaded The Big Green Kobold Fire, Fire! The Eyes of Deception It's Complicated Candyman Faceless How to Annoy Friends and Alienate Enemies
Where's the fun in that?
blah blah metal lyrics
Darksteel Reactor says hi.

Only makes it a 10 turn clock though, without help. So doesnt break anything. If anything the interaction of allies makes it worse.

I guess the mana cost is alright, with the body.

My colors and decks
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

Where's the fun in that?

Only makes it a 10 turn clock though, without help.

the second one is a triggered ability too.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

Only makes it a 10 turn clock though, without help.

the second one is a triggered ability too.

But you only win if you have 20 counters on it.

My colors and decks
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

Where's the fun in that?
No, it only triggers if it has twenty counters. Once it's on the stack it doesn't care.
blah blah metal lyrics
No, it only triggers if it has twenty counters. Once it's on the stack it doesn't care.

yep. no intervening "if", just a trigger condition.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.
Ah. Well now I feel like the guy who designed Vampire Hexmage after Dark Depths.
My colors and decks
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

Where's the fun in that?
that can't be the name

it just can't 
Ok editing threat title if I can figur eout how
My colors and decks
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

Where's the fun in that?
Wait what.
Wasn't aware that was possible. But Kzo has proven to me that the interface is easy to manipulate, so I guess not.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I went ahead and reported my post, asking them to change it as it could be seen as dirty- it wasn't intended to be.
My colors and decks
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

Where's the fun in that?