Critical Hit + Five Stars Five Strikes?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just a quick question, are you able to critical hit in the 4 extra attack rolls provided by the Five Stars Five Strikes alternate reward? As in would you get the bonus damage and everything else?
No; the other four rolls are not additional attacks.  They're just used as a way to determine how many additional d8s of damage you get.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Just hoping someone can help clarify three things:

1.) Is the damage from Five Stars Five Strikes maximized on a critical hit from the triggering attack?  I.e., if I crit on my attack after using Five Stars, do I then deal 8 damage for each of the extra attack rolls that would hit?

2.) If one of the Five Stars attack rolls crits, does that roll do 8 damage?

3.) Are the Five Stars additional rolls affected by Oath of Enmity?  (I'm assuming no, but since I had the other questions anyway...)

Five Stars Five Strikes

Five Stars Five Strikes         Level 13 Uncommon

Do not stop moving simply because you have struck your target; let one strike blossom into five.

Grandmaster Training        17,000 gp

Utility Power  Encounter (Move Action)

Effect: You move up to your speed. If your next melee attack this turn hits, roll four extra attack rolls (using the same modifier as the initial attack roll) and deal 1d8 extra damage to the creature you hit for each of the extra attack rolls that hits.

Oath of Enmity

Oath of Enmity

You focus your wrath on a single foe, giving your attacks against it extraordinary accuracy.

Encounter (Special)        Divine
Minor Action      Close burst 10

Target: One enemy you can see in the burst

Effect: When you make a melee attack against the target and the target is the only enemy adjacent to you, you make two attack rolls and use either result. This effect lasts until the end of the encounter or until the target drops to 0 hit points, at which point you regain the use of this power.
If another effect lets you roll twice and use the higher result when making an attack roll, this power has no effect on that attack. If an effect forces you to roll twice and use the lower result when making an attack roll, this power has no effect on that attack either.
If an effect lets you reroll an attack roll and you rolled twice because of this power, you reroll both dice.

Thanks in advance. 
Bump.
yes, no, no
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
Why No to #2? It's an attack roll. If it hits you deal d8 damage, why wouldn't that be maxed to 8 if you roll a crit?

"Not only are you wrong, but I even created an Excel spreadsheet to show you how wrong you are." --James Wyatt, May 2006

Dilige, et quod vis fac

Why No to #2? It's an attack roll. If it hits you deal d8 damage, why wouldn't that be maxed to 8 if you roll a crit?

Because the 1d8 is extra damage. The attack roll itself isn't doing any damage (which is what crits require), the initial attack is, and the initial attack didn't crit.
Would that crit still count for things like Rampage?  I assume not since it isn't a barbarian attack power, but if the base power was I feel the knee-jerk answer is less clearcut.
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
Would that crit still count for things like Rampage?  

Yes since they're attack rolls that can miss, hit and critical hit and thus should trigger anything that trigger off of an attack roll or its result.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Would that crit still count for things like Rampage?  

Yes since they're attack rolls that can miss, hit and critical hit and thus should trigger anything that trigger off of an attack roll or its result.

Whether they are attack rolls are not isn't the issue.  It is whether they are barbarian attack rolls.
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
Humm second thought, I'd say no it wouldn't count since you don't score a critical hit with a Barbarian attack power, but with a magic item utility power.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Humm second thought, I'd say no it wouldn't count since you don't score a critical hit with a Barbarian attack power, but with a magic item utility power.

I was thinking something similar to that, but also it is attack rolls from that power that you are using it on.  Initially I thought it wouldn't work but I feel like if one of my players made the case for it proccing rampage I'd most likely allow it.
Show