02/07/2011 LI: "Pro Tour Dark Ascension Limited Preview"

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Limited Information, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Really, no mention of how strong green is in general? Yes, werewolves are strong, but green has more tools than just the puppy dogs. Even drafters at my LGS that would never give green a second look are in green lately.
~ Current Decks I'm Playing or Building ~ (Click a deck's name to see list) [] CorpseJunk Menace/Township Counters (Standard) [] Reanimation/Clerics Theme Deck - Commander: Ghost Dad [] Devouring Tokens (Planechase, Multiplayer) [] Krark-Clan Ironworks: 2012 Edition (Modern) [] Azorious Turbo Fog (Modern)
My favorite card in my limited sealed deck? Pyrehart Wolf. And I had opened a Sorin in my second pack! I initially pulled all the white/black cards, but most of the black cards were very limited. So I splashed a few reds for Pyreheart Wolf, Fires of Undeath/[c], and one or two more. I had a bunch of cheap white creatures and white/black token makers, so when I dropped the wolf there was no way my opponents could block me. At one point I cast [c]Break of Day with five unblocked 1/1s and took my opponent from 10 to 0 out of nowhere. The best part is that nobody ever killed or blocked the wolf. Everyone seemed to think that because it was a 1/1 (also possibly because it has undying), that it wasn't worth killing.