Spirit Platoon Deck. 10-1 So Far. Any Suggestions?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Built this deck for FNM Dark Accension Release. It's preformed remarkably against the best decks in the Standard format (R/G and G/B Wolf Run, Delver, Mono-Red, and Humans). So far the only issues I've had is against pure control decks with mass-board wipe effects. Cycled in Surgical Extraction for this on my side-board, any other suggestions?

22 Lands
4x Seachrome Coast
4x Glacial Fortress
3x Moorland Haunt
7x Island
4x Plains

15 Creatures
1x Dungeon Giests
3x Giest of St. Traft
4x Drogskul Captain
3x Snapcaster Mage
4x Delver of Secrets

23 Sorceries/Instants/Enchantments
3x Ponder
3x Mana Leak
3x Dissipate
4x Honor of the Pure
4x Midnight Haunting
3x Vapor Snag
3x Gitaxian Probe  

15 Side Board  
3x Phantasmal Image
3x Surgical Extraction
2x Revoke Existance
2x Sword of War and Peace
3x Day of Judgement
2x Timely Reinforcements
I just don't think Drogskol Captain or Honor of the Pure do enough here.  The hexproof buff on captain isn't that relevant since they can just Shock him, and you can never rely on having 2 out at once.  St. Traft already has hexproof, and Delver is unaffected, so he only really helps other captains and your midnight haunting tokens (and your current 1-of Dungeon Geist).

I'd much rather drop the enchantments for some combination of swords/pikes. Perhaps drop a captain for another Dungeon Geists and see how it performs.  It's a bit high on the curve but I think the effect may end up being very good, but only time will tell.  And then I'd probably drop the other 2 captains for a 4th Snapcaster and either a 4th ponder or mana leak...or perhaps a 1-of negate for further help against board wipes.