February: In the Works

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
February: In the Works
by Bart Carroll

A new column, plus a look at Waterdeep, elemental heroes, and some 1st Edition material!

Talk about this preview here.

astralArchivist.com - 4e D&D house rules, homebrew, and story hours - now featuring ENWorld's Zeitgeist adventure path! Will Thibault is a winged, feathered serpent rarely found anywhere except in warm, jungle-like regions or flying through the ether. Due to his intelligence and powers he is regarded with awe by the inhabitants of his homelands and is considered to be divine.

Wow. Just WOW.

That is an amazing picture. Love love love.

Oh! The preview, you say! Awesome too, yeah!

*takes a last look at that amazing pic before exiting thread*

Your friendly neighborhood Revenant Minotaur Half-Blooded Dragonborn Fighter Hybrid Barbarian Multiclassing into Warlord

IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1223957875/Scorecards/Landscape.png)

Not all that keen on the Earthforger ... that starting attack should be neither weapon nor implement so everybody can use it.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Not all that keen on the Earthforger ... that starting attack should be neither weapon nor implement so everybody can use it.

Only if it also scales correctly.

Actually, the way that Divine theme from d400 did it would be best - simply give two options, one weapon, one implement.

I do like the fact that technically, it would work with ranged weapons as well.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.

Well, yes, that was implicit.

Well, yes, that was implicit.

Actually, I'd say the other way is better.  A lot of support comes from having the Weapon or Implement keyword, and powers without are relatively unsupported.  Giving it both options would be far, far better than neither and appropriate scaling.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
I can buy that.

Either way, it's annoying that implement users are SOL with this theme ...
I can buy that.

Hey, atleast your not a ranged weapon user.
I can buy that.

Hey, atleast your not a ranged weapon user.

Technically, this theme works with ranged weapons - and might not be an utterly terrible one to take, considering that surrounding yourself with difficult terrain makes you harder to charge :D  There are (a few) better ones, but particularly if you're a ranged weapon user who likes tyo get in peoples' faces (archer ranger going for Prime Shot, for instance) then it's potentially pretty handy.

I'm wondering if the artist who did this studied anatomy as part of his art education. Cause that chick is either a crazy contortionist or her back is broken.

I'm wondering if the artist who did this studied anatomy as part of his art education. Cause that chick is either a crazy contortionist or her back is broken.

Is she a yuan-ti ?

Is she a yuan-ti ?

Her lower half is a snake.
Fire Blog Control, Change, and Chaos: The Elemental Power Source Elemental Heroes Example Classes Xaosmith Exulter Chaos Bringer Director Elemental Heroes: Looking Back - Class and Story Elemental Heroes: Complete Class Beta - The Xaosmith (January 16, 2012) Elemental Heroes: Complete Class Beta - The Harbinger (May 16, 2012) Check out my Elemental Heroes blog series and help me develop four unique elemental classes.
Oh no wonder lol

Is she a yuan-ti ?

Her lower half is a snake.

Glad this was brought up, because I was about to mention anatomy as well.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." --Bill Cosby (1937- ) Vanador: OK. You ripped a gateway to Hell, killed half the town, and raised the dead as feral zombies. We're going to kill you. But it can go two ways. We want you to run as fast as you possibly can toward the south of the town to draw the Zombies to you, and right before they catch you, I'll put an arrow through your head to end it instantly. If you don't agree to do this, we'll tie you this building and let the Zombies rip you apart slowly. Dimitry: God I love being Neutral. 4th edition is dead, long live 4th edition. Salla: opinionated, but commonly right.
fun quotes
58419928 wrote:
You have to do the work first, and show you can do the work, before someone is going to pay you for it.
69216168 wrote:
If you can't understand how someone yelling at another person would make them fight harder and longer, then you need to look at the forums a bit closer.
quote author=56832398 post=519321747]Considering DnD is a game wouldn't all styles be gamist?[/quote]
Disturbing image to illustrate a point:

Show
I am a man in my forties and I had no problem standing like she does to check out the strange complaints about the picture. I would say that she is just a human in a dramatic pose, no more unnatural than any of the poses in most classical art.

Edit: I am further embarrassed. I have since read the blurb for the book and the main character is indeed a half yuan-ti, a serpent girl. 
Member of Grognards for 4th Edition
Sign In to post comments