[Challenge] Come At Me Bro!

84 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've recently come to realize that I've lost motivation to design cards when there isn't any form of pressure or competition (however small) involved.

So, this thread is an invitation for anyone to challenge me to a one-on-one card making duel. Best of one, best of three, whatever, as long as it's within reason (read: I agree to it). If things go smoothly, the whole process should go something like this:

1) Community member A challenges me to a duel.
2) Community member B comes up with a criteria and judges our submissions after a set amount of time.
3) I celebrate my crushing victory over community member A; or whine about how B sucks at judging fantasy fantasy cards.
4) Repeat steps 1-3.

This is mostly just for fun, so feel free to rejoin as many times as you wish. We could even set up duels between other players if this is popular enough.

*takes up sword and puts on armour*

P.S. Try not to make us design Un-cards, mmkay?

Challengers in line
Q_is_564453
ChaosLight

Past challenges
Silly_Dragons
Imidazoline
Mown
ChaosLight
Cisnero
febbstalicious42
I have a sig because it gives my posts better spacing.
I challenge you to a best of 832.

A card beginning with each letter of the alphabet for each possible color combination (ranging from colorless to five colored).

Each round will also have an additional criteria based on whatever the judge chooses to come up with.

A little bit of courage is the real magic.
I challenge you to a best of 832.

A card beginning with each letter of the alphabet for each possible color combination (ranging from colorless to five colored).

Each round will also have an additional criteria based on whatever the judge chooses to come up with.

I think it'd be fairer if the judge came up with his own criteria.

I don't think you can stipulate the duel's requirements, silly.

I'll judge one duel with this criteria:

Create a non-un card that interacts well with Now I know my ABC's

You have until 18 hours from this post, go!
I have found the secret of posting sigs! Kablooie's symbol Palette: 2U 
Fine, I invoke the following clause.

So, this thread is an invitation for anyone to challenge me to a one-on-one card making duel. Best of one, best of three, whatever.

Still best of 832, but the judge can come up with his own criteria.
I don't think you can stipulate the duel's requirements, silly.

I'll judge one duel with this criteria:

You have until 18 hours from this post, go!

Fine, I invoke the following clause.

So, this thread is an invitation for anyone to challenge me to a one-on-one card making duel. Best of one, best of three, whatever.

Still best of 832, but the judge can come up with his own criteria.

*frowns at both of you*

Submission coming!
Why do I get a frownie?
Challenge!
Silly, this will be a single duel, no questions asked.

Zalberrathoryx, Carnage Personified
Legendary Creature - Demon
Flying, trample
~ doesn't untap during your untap step.
Sacrifice three permanents: Untap ~ and remove it from combat. Any player may activate this ability.
10/10

It only lacks the letters J, K, M, Q, U, V, and W. I think that's pretty good synergy.

@Imidazoline: I accept your challenge, good sir.
ROUND 1 OF 832:

Magox, of Many Faces
Legendary Creature - Human Rogue
:Xm:: Choose a creature card you own from outside the game with converted mana cost X. Magox, of Many Faces becomes a copy of that card and gains this ability.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. Know how to act, and you can go anywhere, do anything.
3/3

Becomes a copy of whatever letters you still need.

Criteria.

Make a card with a Characteristic Defining Ability that defines the card's color.

Examples include Ghostfire and Evermind.

You have 24 hours.
Silly, this will be a single duel, no questions asked.

Zalberrathoryx, Carnage Personified
Legendary Creature - Demon
Flying, trample
~ doesn't untap during your untap step.
Sacrifice three permanents: Untap ~ and remove it from combat. Any player may activate this ability.
10/10

It only lacks the letters J, K, M, Q, U, V, and W. I think that's pretty good synergy.

ROUND 1 OF 832:

Magox, of Many Faces
Legendary Creature - Human Rogue
:Xm:: Choose a creature card you own from outside the game with converted mana cost X. Magox, of Many Faces becomes a copy of that card and gains this ability.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. Know how to act, and you can go anywhere, do anything.
3/3

Becomes a copy of whatever letters you still need.

I'm gonna give this one to Silly Dragons. The way tutor effects synergize with Now I Know my ABC's seems to be more creative than just having a complex name. Magox of Many Faces is also a very unique clone variant while high power demons with drawbacks are somewhat common.

Congrats Silly!
A challenger approaches.

1 stock, no time limit. I'd prefer Final Destination, but I guess the judge gets to pick where we play.
I have too many irons in the fire.
Some useful keyboard shortcuts on Windows
Long dash (em-dash) — Alt+0151 Short dash (en-dash) – Alt+0150 Capital æsc Æ Alt+0198 Lowercase æsc æ Alt+0230 Or you could just copy/paste them from this signature, I guess.
A challenger approaches.

1 stock, no time limit. I'd prefer Final Destination, but I guess the judge gets to pick where we play.

If Accepted Make a DFC that transforms as it enters the Battlefield in Certain Circumstances instead of while in Play.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

A wild Mown appears!
Mown used Block!
Chintastica can no longer escape!

I've used up my share of exclamation marks for this year.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

A wild Mown appears!
Mown used Block!

If accepted, design a card that escapes wild blockers*, interpret this however you want. You have 24 hours.

~ You Take to the Sky ~

57325798 wrote:
STOP SOPA/PIPA. Okay, a little post about this in my sig which half of the people on here won't even see isn't likely to do a lot, but if you aren't aware of what's going on, educate yourself. And then join in the chorus of voices shouting at the U.S. Congress to stop these bills. Visit Wikipedia to learn more and to contact your Senators and Representatives. -- According to lawyers… (SOPA) doesn’t shut down your website and remove it from the Internet. It just makes it so that people cannot, in any way, access the website. So it’s sort of like coming up with a plan to prevent teen pregnancy that includes filling penises with cement. — Jon Stewart
I challenge.

Criteria.

Make a card with a Characteristic Defining Ability that defines the card's color.

You have 24 hours.

Essence of Nothing |
Enchantment
Essence of Nothing is colorless.
You have protection from colorless.
Discard a card: Target spell or permanent becomes colorless until end of turn.
"When you embrace the void, what can find you?"

Criteria.

You have 24 hours.

Evermind no longer has that ability!! Now it has color indicator. The same as all the pacts and probably the kobolds. :P
Criteria.

You meet your end here, Imidazoline.

Touch of the Faceless
Sorcery

~ is colourless.
Target creature loses all colours and subtypes until end of turn. For each colour and subtype lost this way, it gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
Outcast by prejudice. Forgotten by civilisation. Driven by revenge.
A challenger approaches.

If Accepted Make a DFC that transforms as it enters the Battlefield in Certain Circumstances instead of while in Play.

Criteria.

You meet your end here, Imidazoline.

Touch of the Faceless
Sorcery

~ is colourless.
Target creature loses all colours and subtypes until end of turn. For each colour and subtype lost this way, it gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
Outcast by prejudice. Forgotten by civilisation. Driven by revenge.

Ooh, that's good.
I challenge.

If accepted, make a 4(!) colored card.
Challenge!
Show
144902215 wrote:
Sometimes I imagine what Cisnero's life must be like. I imagine cargo pants - every pocket stuffed with coins. I imagine him (I almost said "him or her" but then I decided his gender with through the randomization of a small metal disk) - I imagine him, shopping, purchasing food, choosing which spot to park in, all through this meticulous flipping process. I imagine him asking a girl out, taking her to have a drink or whatever and then asking if she wants to play this fun game. When she responds "Sure." he removes a single quarter from one of his jingling pockets. Then proceeds to flip it repeatedly while she calls it - until she is able to make up an excuse to leave. Will he respond to this post? Only if the Chaotic Gods of Copper and Nickel deem it so. Someday many years from now, in the Dystopian future world, I'll ride my Billy Idol Unicycle past a bedraggled slumbub - He'll be clad in armor made all of the (now worthless) coins of yesterdecade. He'll grin a shiny grin at me as he flips another coin - and I'll know who it was. How could I not?
I challenge.

If accepted, make a 4(!) colored card.

You're mean

Monomorph
Instant
Shuffle target creature or creature spell into it's owner's library. Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature card with converted mana cost equal to the shuffled card's converted mana cost, and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
Challenge!

Make a card involving subgames that doesn't take forever.
Challenge!

Make a card involving subgames that doesn't take forever.

:/ Trying to make me spoil my set early.  Fine... :P

Peer into the Multiverse

Sorcery
If this isn't a subgame, each player searches their library for 3 basic lands and 7 other cards and exiles them face down.  Begin a subgame of MAGIC.  Each player puts up to 3 basic lands exiled with Peer into the Multiverse into play in the subgame, then uses the 7 cards exiled with Peer into the Multiverse as their starting hands.
Each player who won the subgame draws 4 cards.
If this is a subgame, draw three cards, then discard two cards.
Show
144902215 wrote:
Sometimes I imagine what Cisnero's life must be like. I imagine cargo pants - every pocket stuffed with coins. I imagine him (I almost said "him or her" but then I decided his gender with through the randomization of a small metal disk) - I imagine him, shopping, purchasing food, choosing which spot to park in, all through this meticulous flipping process. I imagine him asking a girl out, taking her to have a drink or whatever and then asking if she wants to play this fun game. When she responds "Sure." he removes a single quarter from one of his jingling pockets. Then proceeds to flip it repeatedly while she calls it - until she is able to make up an excuse to leave. Will he respond to this post? Only if the Chaotic Gods of Copper and Nickel deem it so. Someday many years from now, in the Dystopian future world, I'll ride my Billy Idol Unicycle past a bedraggled slumbub - He'll be clad in armor made all of the (now worthless) coins of yesterdecade. He'll grin a shiny grin at me as he flips another coin - and I'll know who it was. How could I not?
Challenge!...if cisnero gives a criteria.
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.

Okay... you'll have fun with this one:

Make a card that uses both the Innistrad transform and Kamigawa flip abilities (yes... this means your card should have 3-4 different forms). 
Show
144902215 wrote:

Make a card that uses both the Innistrad transform and Kamigawa flip abilities (yes... this means your card should have 3-4 different forms). 

Grrrrrr. I hate both, I will perform though.
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
A challenger approaches.

OH, 4 COOL K1D 4R3 YOU? (Edit: This is in response to the NPH image, which doesn't appear in the quote. :/ )

Inner Sanctum Guard / Paragon of Avacyn (DFC)

Inner Sanctum Guard

Creature — Human Soldier U

Fateful hour — This creature enters the battlefield transformed if your life total is 5 or less.

She is the final defense between the zombie hordes and the most sacred chamber of Avacyn’s temple...

2/3

Paragon of Avacyn
Creature — Angel U

Flying, lifelink

... and she is no mere soldier.

4/6
Long dash (em-dash) — Alt+0151 Short dash (en-dash) – Alt+0150 Capital æsc Æ Alt+0198 Lowercase æsc æ Alt+0230 Or you could just copy/paste them from this signature, I guess.

Grrrrrr. I hate both, I will perform though.

Oh, I don't like either.  And they functionally do almost the exact same thing, with the only major difference being the question of how atrocious the card looks (Transform sacrificed the ability to have it physically in your deck for the advantage of being able to throw more words on the card).  Combine both on a single card, and... well, who needs pictures?
Show
144902215 wrote:
Bullheaded Grunt --
Creature - Human Warrior
When a creature dealt damage by Bullheaded Grunt does not die this turn, flip Bullheaded Grunt.
1/3
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Determined Cadet (White)
Creature - Human Soldier
At end of turn, if Determined Cadet attacked or blocked this turn, untap it, then transform it.
2/3
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Seasoned Captain (White)
Creature - Human Knight
First Strike
Whenever Seasoned Captain attacks or blocks, you may ay . If you do, put a training counter on it, then, if it has three or more, untap it and flip it.
3/5
////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Hardened Champion (Red/White)
Creature - Human Warrior Lord
Vigilance
Other creatures you control are indestructible while in combat and get +3/+3.
7/7

This cycle represents the four stages of competence, ported over to War. 
A wild Mown appears!
Mown used Block!

If accepted, design a card that escapes wild blockers*, interpret this however you want. You have 24 hours.

No one?

~ You Take to the Sky ~

57325798 wrote:
STOP SOPA/PIPA. Okay, a little post about this in my sig which half of the people on here won't even see isn't likely to do a lot, but if you aren't aware of what's going on, educate yourself. And then join in the chorus of voices shouting at the U.S. Congress to stop these bills. Visit Wikipedia to learn more and to contact your Senators and Representatives. -- According to lawyers… (SOPA) doesn’t shut down your website and remove it from the Internet. It just makes it so that people cannot, in any way, access the website. So it’s sort of like coming up with a plan to prevent teen pregnancy that includes filling penises with cement. — Jon Stewart
I'm waiting on Chintastica to accept.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

HOLD YOUR HORSES PEOPLE, ONE DUEL AT A TIME

Edit: Feel free to post your submission before me, since I'll get round to you eventually. That's if you don't care for time limits and you don't mind me having an advantage.
HOLD YOUR HORSES PEOPLE, ONE DUEL AT A TIME

Edit: Feel free to post your submission before me, since I'll get round to you eventually. That's if you don't care for time limits and you don't mind me having an advantage.

YOU TOLD US TO COME AT YOU BRO, YOU SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED THE STRONG FORCE OF ATTRACTION.
YOU SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED THE STRONG FORCE OF ATTRACTION.

Because card design is so hot.

/cargasm sarcasm
YOU SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED THE STRONG FORCE OF ATTRACTION.

Because card design is so hot.

/cargasm sarcasm

How do you think I get all the ladies?

Disregard women, design cards. 

Devout Cathar
Creature - Human Soldier
Vigilance, lifelink, protection from black
~ enters the battlefield transformed if was spent to cast it.
Evil cowers before his incorruptible faith and unwavering resolve.
2/2

//

Corrupted Heretic {()}
Creature - Human Soldier
Vigilance, lifelink
When ~ dies, put a 4/4 black Horror creature token onto the battlefield. It has "At the beginning of your upkeep, you lose 1 life."
Faith tainted and resolve broken, he now serves as a vessel for unspeakable evils.
2/2
A wild Mown appears!
Mown used Block!

COME AT ME BRO