Keep on the Shadowfell

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello,

I purchased the Keep on the Shadowfell H1 module and soon discovered that it doesn't have and maps for the keep itself. I was wondering how exactly I was meant to handle this. What am I meant to use to represent the keep? Is there something to print off?

Thank you for your reply,
DanWeb 
Hello,

I purchased the Keep on the Shadowfell H1 module and soon discovered that it doesn't have and maps for the keep itself. I was wondering how exactly I was meant to handle this. What am I meant to use to represent the keep? Is there something to print off?

Thank you for your reply,
DanWeb 

There probably is something to print off. Cartographer's Guild had maps for King of the Trollhaunt Warrens.

I think the expectation is that you sketch them out for your players. If you feel like it, look into buying a vinyl map and some eraseable markers.

(Or, consider not using a map at all. It's doable.)

If I have to ask the GM for it, then I don't want it.

Hmm. I don't have any of that equipment and we are playing tomorrow morning. We are very used to using a map. I'm not sure how we would go without one. Do you know of anywhere where we might be able to find easy to print A4 sized map downloads? I'm new to D&D, so I have no idea where to look.
When in doubt, just use several pieces of paper on which you roughly sketch what you are going for.

I recently looked for maps of the keep myself and found these two:
www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.ph...
canageek.wordpress.com/2009/08/07/keep-o...
I think we end up playing with the maps on an iPad tomorrow. Thanks for all your help guys.
Here you can get some fine battlemaps for the keep
But unfortunately they are not on conveniently sized A4 pages, so I will be using those maps on the iPad if no other possibility arises.
For scaling and printing to 1 inch size i use PosteRazor.
It's free and you can get it here.

It's easy to use and the output is in PDF .
Does it alter the size to be A4? Because that would be awesome!
PosteRazor creates a pdf with as many a4 pages as the map requires.
With an overlap so you can tack/glue  the pages together.
It is an amazing program, but the end pdf files are always with a grid size of smaller than an inch by an inch. What should I do to fix this?
ok, lets look at the battlemap for area 1_1.
The picture has size of 29x27 squares.
To get that in 1 inch size in PosteRazor Step 4 you have to set the 'Absolute Size' width 29 in.
Now you get 1 inch grid.
Ah, I didn't see that feature of the program. Thanks :D
Hmm. I don't have any of that equipment and we are playing tomorrow morning.

You don't have scratch paper and pencils?

If I have to ask the GM for it, then I don't want it.

I see what you mean, but it is all sorted out now. Thank you everyone for all your help. I really appreciate it.