Moonfire Blade (Hexblade/At-Will) Question

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Good evening,

If I hit a single target with the White Well Hexblade's Moonfire Blade at-will multiple times in a single round (on-turn attack, opportunity MBA, Reaction granted MBA) does the "after effect" of the spell stack? Since the out-of-turn damage is assigned in the Hit field, it sounds reasonable to me that each instance of the attack is handled separatly, and as such all instances of the after-damage would stack.

I could be wrong, but thats why I am here Sealed.

I would say yes, but I'm not aware of any rules to support (or contradict) this stance.

t~
With each attack you apply the effect "If the target ends its next turn adjacent to you, it takes radiant damage equal to your Dexterity modifier".  

Since multiple instances of the same effect do not stack, the triggered damage only happens once.
Since multiple instances of the same effect do not stack, the triggered damage only happens once.

Source?  This is true of penalties and bonuses, but I know of no such rule for effects.  Damaging Auras, for example, DO stack.

t~

You may be right on this, since the rules in question only apply to bonuses or penalties.

Retracted. 
There are rules for stacking ongoing damage, that's an effect.
There are rules for stacking ongoing damage, that's an effect.

This is not "Ongoing Damage", so the rules for ongoing damage do not apply to it.
Confused about Stealth? Think "invisibility" means "take the mini off the board to make people guess?" You need to check out The Rules Of Hidden Club.
Damage types and resistances: A working house rule.