Magic: The Gathering Toolbox Feedback thread

110 posts / 0 new
Last post

Welcome to the Magic: The Gathering Toolbox Feedback thread! Here is where we’ll ask you for any issues and/or bugs that you might encounter while using the MTG: Toolbox. To make things easier we will ask you to provide the following:

• Detailed steps to help us reproduce anything you find.

• Screenshots.

Additionally if there’s a feature you’d like to see let us know by adding FEATURE REQUEST in your posts. Enjoy the app everyone!

To download our app for iOS click here

Michael Robles Community Manager Wizards of the Coast Twitter: @michaelrobles
FEATURE REQUEST (well, maybe it was intended to work like this, but it's doesn't)
You cannot edit Player 1. Well, you can, but then it's saved as a friend, and there's no way to set a saved friend as Player 1 after closing and reopening the app: the name reverts to "Player 1" with the default pic, background, etc. You should be able to set a "default player profile" that will always load in the Player 1 spot (presumably it would be you).
Here's the work flow:
- Start the app, go into Players
- Touch Player 1 to edit it
- Make changes (name, pic, background) and touch Save Changes button
- You are asked to save to Friends, touch Yes
- Go back to the home page and into Life Tracker, and you can see the changes were saved
- Close and reopen the app
- Go into Players and you can see it has reverted to the defaults
- You can add the profile from the Friends List to the list of players, but there is no option to put it in the Player 1 spot

Also, a way to set a default list of players/friends when you open the app would be "nice to have" feature. I always play with the same group, so having them load by default without having to add them at every session would save several valuable gaming seconds.
FEATURE REQUEST (well, maybe it was intended to work like this, but it's doesn't)
You cannot edit Player 1. Well, you can, but then it's saved as a friend, and there's no way to set a saved friend as Player 1 after closing and reopening the app: the name reverts to "Player 1" with the default pic, background, etc. You should be able to set a "default player profile" that will always load in the Player 1 spot (presumably it would be you).
Here's the work flow:
- Start the app, go into Players
- Touch Player 1 to edit it
- Make changes (name, pic, background) and touch Save Changes button
- You are asked to save to Friends, touch Yes
- Go back to the home page and into Life Tracker, and you can see the changes were saved
- Close and reopen the app
- Go into Players and you can see it has reverted to the defaults
- You can add the profile from the Friends List to the list of players, but there is no option to put it in the Player 1 spot

Also, a way to set a default list of players/friends when you open the app would be "nice to have" feature. I always play with the same group, so having them load by default without having to add them at every session would save several valuable gaming seconds.

This, please this! You can't save a profile to player one permanently (or just bring up a saved profile into that slot). I would LOVE to have this feature. Also a Planar die from the Planechase expansion as an option for the things you can randomize would be nice.
These guys ^ covered the two things I was going to mention already. The planar die would be very cool, I have alot of friends that like to play planeschase and not all of them have their own dice (not that its hard to pass the dice around but it would be a cool option to have).The only thing ive noticed, and it may just be my ipod but when searching for cards to add to decks it freezes or lags for a few seconds. Other than that I like it alot so far and have been putting all my decks on there. I like the sample hand thing. It is nice too see how the deck will draw out and being able to mulligan and draw more cards is cool. When your building a deck, the thing that adds the basic lands to the deck is pretty accurate on how many of each ide like.
Like the app...thanks a  lot for it.  My fedback so far:  It's a little clunky searching for cards.  Meaning it's slow to type and accept the characters when other apps are now.  When are the Dark Ascension card going to be there?? 

For background, how about the option to use any pic off the phone?  A default for the life tracker/gaming tracker would be sweet.  With poison as common as it is maybe make it main screen and not an optional tracker?  There is plenty of room for that and I find I sometimes take poison and regular damage and have to flip back and forth, kinda annoying.  Anyways, thanks for the awesome free app!  I am excited to use it more and see it's further development!!!!
FEATURE REQUEST
This introduction of this app and shutting down of the most important part of the other really popular one may actually ruin Magic as a whole for me and I just got back into it for the first time in many, many years. I have thousands of cards that I can track and search, build decks and price them with the cards I'm missing in literally minutes. If that function is removed from the popular app I'm using now, Im going to have a tough time being motivated to play Magic.

Wish list before Avacyn Restored:
iPad version
Easy collection tracking for all sets
Easy searching of all cards AND personal collection
Deck building that will show me which cards I already own and which ones I need to buy/trade for
Export decks in internet-standard listing so I can manually go do price checks since I assume Wizards can't officially endorse any stores

iPad app is an absolute must. Seriously guys, this is a major blow to deck building for people with large collections. If you're going to kill the third party options, then PLEASE provide me with an official alternative. I'm willing to pay for these functions as much as I'm willing to pay for your awesome game!
Yesterday was a day of split Magic feelings: I got my pre-order of $250 worth of new Dark Ascension cards, I finaly got to try the new Magic: The Gathering Toolbox app, and I got the message that you are shutting down my favorite deck building app on iPhone

I've hit the refresh button in App Store many times a day the last weeks, and yesterday I finally got to try your app. Your app does many things, some things that it's good at (life tracking, events and news overview) and other things that your (former) competitors does alot better (card search and deck building). I think it's really sad that you are shutting down your competitors at deck building, when your alternative is not that good (yet?). I can see why you want to earn money on your trademarks and inventions, but your descition of denying other app developers to include deck building functionality just hurts us, your lojal (and dollar spending) customers. We would probably kept your app up to date as well as our other apps, so I'm not so sure closing down competition will earn you any more money.

I've tried all apps available (in Norway) concerning deck building on iPhone, and I've used Decked Builder a long time, as it's fast and easy to use and also support card collection and backup functionality.

FEATURE REQUEST  (all these things are implemented in Decked Builder but missing in MtG Toolbox):
- Collection support. I've registred all my cards in Decked Builder, and I miss this in MtG Toolbox. It's nice to browse your own collection of cards when trying to find new ideas for new decks. And when I want to build a deck, I can easily see what cards I have and when searching for for example Zombies, I can choose to see only the zombie cards I own.

- Import and export of collection and decks. This works great in Decked Builder, it can even sync over iClound and save to dropbox!

- Easy and fast deck building, meaning:
- I have cards from M12 and Innistrad, as well as some Unlimited from the old days. Why can't I just mark the sets I have cards from and search whitin those?
- Why isn't the default view of a card the card itself (it's what we are used to see).
- Why no high resolution image of the cards?
- When I find a card I want to add I need to: Click the card, (often wait...), click +, click Add to deck, Click +. Four clicks to add one card? Come on! You could have a + and - button in the card-page.
- If I want to add 2 copies of a card to my main board, and 1 to my sideboard I need to do the add process twice. (minor, but annoying)
- I can't see how many copies I have of a card in my maindeck and sideboard, unless I quit the card and search view and
 look at my deck. Could you possibly fit in a number like 3/1 in the card-view to show how many are you my deck already?
- It would be nice to be able to swipe trough the cards turing up in the search, and easily add those you like (or recognize or whatever) to your deck without going "out" to the search list again.

I very much like the visual style of your app, but I start to wonder if you really tried using your own app to build decks in comparisson with the other apps out there? When you know all the cards I guess it's pretty fast to search up the right ones and add them to your deck. But when your like me (and I guess I'm not alone), not knowing all the cards (not even all I own), I need to read many of the cards before adding them to my deck .This makes deck building a tidious and time consuming using your app in comparrison with your (prior) app-rivals like Decked Builder. I see you took your design view of search results from Decked Builder, so please "steal" more ideas from that app too, to make your own app more pleasant and fast to use. Or better yet, allow your competitors to still be able to have deck building functionality and try instead to be better than them.

I think it's sad that you want your app to get chosen because there's no other options, rather than to be chosen because you have the best app.

Before I hit submit, I must say I agree with MrAdun: shutting down 3rd party apps before you launch a good and working alternative is bad customer service, and if it's because your afraid that we will not spend dollar on your app, then shame on you. I will cost me half-a-booster a year to keep your app up to date, so I would probably keep it up to date for the other functions anyway.
The deck building and card searching interfaces are really bad. They require too many touches, and the menus and buttons you need to touch are spread out randomly around the screen. Read some mobile UI design books and above all, use your competition's product (e.g. Decked Builder) to make sure that what you're making is better than theirs.

As a particularly egregious example -- after selecting the correct card, why do I have to touch the deck name to add cards to it? I'm "building a deck," not "browsing cards at random and adding them to any one of my dozen decks." The deck I'm building should be in the context of the user interface -- I shouldn't   need to pick it out every time. Did the developers and testers even use this product to build decks? If so, did they bother using the other available deck builders to see what's needed?
My main question is: Is the Toolbox going to be on the Windows Marketplace for the Windows Phone? I understand that it will be avilible for Android, but I have a Windows Phone and there have so far been no information about weather or not it'll be on it.
I don't know how anyone can do the deck building on the iPhone screen. I can't stand it. Eagerly awaiting iPad version.

Decked Builder is awesome, on Mac OS and iPad. You should just buy the source code and incorporate it.

The paid content model for deck building feels like nickel & diming. So if I want AVR in my decks in April, I have to pay 99c.. but if I can wait until July, I get AVR and M13 for free.. but regardless of whether I paid 99c, if I want Hook in my decks in October I need to pay another 99c.. but get Hook, Line, Sinker, and M14 for free the following July. Feels far too complicated for more annoyance than revenue gain. 99c per block, waived when subsequent core set comes out? Who is that benefiting?

FEATURE REQUEST
- Alternate reader for news/feature articles. Rendering the site isn't helpful. Features like Auto-card and Deck list need to be reimagined to take advantage of touch interface -- mouseover doesn't work.
- Similarly, store locator functions poorly on iPhone and should have an alternate interface
- Direct link to the forums with Tapatalk-style interface. (Just integrating tapatalk into the app would be fine - another great app.)
- Paid content model (if it must exist) needs to be pay-once, use-on-all-my-devices. App itself should just be universal - the only reason anyone puts out a separate "HD" app is to make people buy it twice, which is, frankly, insulting.
- iCloud syncing for saved decks, (un)read articles, friends, etc.
- AirPrint integration

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't seem to remove a card from a deck.

I created a deck for Commander, then added a Forest. When I clicked the Forest in the decklist, I tapped the Unglued icon for other arts (since for some reason, that's the only other Forest available). So now I have an Unglued Forest in my deck.

Then I added more Forests (from the search screen), keeping the default picture and increasing the quantity.

In the end, I have two different lines for Forests in my deck, and I can only reduce the quantity to 1. I can't find a way to delete the entry.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't seem to remove a card from a deck.

I created a deck for Commander, then added a Forest. When I clicked the Forest in the decklist, I tapped the Unglued icon for other arts (since for some reason, that's the only other Forest available). So now I have an Unglued Forest in my deck.

Then I added more Forests (from the search screen), keeping the default picture and increasing the quantity.

In the end, I have two different lines for Forests in my deck, and I can only reduce the quantity to 1. I can't find a way to delete the entry.

Gear icon -> Edit Cards -> red Minus icon.

Thanks.

FEATURE REQUEST

I'd definitely recommend merging the identical (except for printing) lands to keep from having multiple stacks like I did.

It might also be a good idea to allow quantity to go down to 0, then removing the card that way as well.

Relatedly..

FEATURE REQUEST
- Swipe left to delete, like Mail
- If I select card search from deck creation, then I shouldn't have to pick the deck again once I pick the card
- If I pick a commander, then I shouldn't also have to put in the colors of the deck
FEATURE REQUEST
Search for cards by mana cost, rarity
Option to search for artifacts that DOESN'T bring up creatures
Adding colors to my search should remove colorless results and searching with no colors selected should find ONLY colorless results
Ability to sort the results differently, maybe alphabetically, mana cost, etc.

Wizards, your app developers clearly didn't understand their market. This is Magic, it's not made for 5 year olds. We don't really care what the app looks like, we just want seriously advanced controls. It would be one thing if you guys only had 2 or 3 thousand cards, but you have 10,000+... The search is just too simplistic and clunky.

I won't even start on the bugs in the deck building... It's so difficult to use that I won't waste my time using that function.

Kudos on the counters though, thats seriously the best part of the app! I'm totally going to use it just for that.
FEATURE REQUEST

When testing decks, the Decked builder had "Battlefield" and "Graveyard" areas in addition to the hand. It's so much easier to get the feel of how a deck plays when you don't have to play everything out in your head. Your draw simulator is terrible in comparison.

It would also be nice if you used an iOS that 1st & 2nd gen iPods had access to - perhaps a "lite" version with some features cut out. I was planning on upgrading soon anyway, but that might not be the case for everybody.
First of all, this is ridiculous.
The guy that developed decked Builder is a good coder, he did a pretty decent job and has already done lots of user testing and bugs fixing for this specific application.
Why don't you buy the code from him and pay the guy to upgrade the application? 

By the way, his arrangement with Marlon Egolf for the drafter is something that you should have definitely thought of.
Especially because, if it was Wizard the publisher, you could have a bunch of PROs like Egolf commenting and creating tips lists way before a set was out, so that each drafting expansion could be published on the launch party weekend, or even before; and users would pay way more for it than they currently do with decked drafter.

So, while you are at it, buy also the drafter app code. If anything, that guy deserves the credit.

But, hey, nobody say I am no helper... here the GUI stuff that need a fix in the Magic toolbox deck builder:

- Converted mana cost search: the field is missing (also in the sort options)

- Options to search in more sets and more card types at the same time, like in the gatherer.

- Once the user is in the search results list: direct button "add 1 to deck" on items (add to sideboard is not as important, you can leave it in the card page)

- In the card page the ADD buttons should be
+1.
+4,
+1 side
+4 side
(and MINUS buttons, that refer to the current deck the user is editing... right now the subtraction process is lumbering)

all buttons should be on the card screen, under the mana cost sybol, no drop down menus (less click, more quick).

- Don't ask what deck I want to add a card to, users build one deck at the time. If you are thinking about a scenario where "Oh I saw a cool card, that might go in another deck I am building, I want to save it" you can just add an "add to another deck" button.

On a general note the interface flow should go
user choses the deck he wants to edit or creates a new one>  user makes searches and modifies stuff on the deck he selected
this makes things easier with the buttons and the overall logic of the process.

FEATURE REQUEST

-LAG -
this app runs quite slowly. I don't know if it's because of the coding, or all the extra skins, but compared to all the other guys you **** down, this is like molasses
-The fact that I have to choose a format just to look through one specific set of cards in card search is ridiculous.
-when choosing an option for filters, that little window is definitely not large enough. make it bigger, the black space above it doesn't do anythign for anyone, and what if i just want to see "elf warriors" and not every single elf you've ever made? make subtypes a check list rather than a "pick one"
-When viewing card information, show the market price
-Add in a trade calculator that automatically calculates the value of the trade you're conducting.
-I'd also like to change the name/default picture of one of my decks and the format

I know the point of this thread isn't "whine and complain about how all the other apps were better", but hell, if you're gonna shut the other guys down, then you better step it up.

Most of the the problems seem to be already covered except that the life counter stops at 0 and then does that screen crack thing.  There are times where negatives are relevant, so it's kind of important to have negatives.  Also the screen cracking at 0 life or over 10 poison counters is obnoxious if  an effect in game is keeping it going.  Seems like there could be a good future for this app if this and the problems mentioned by other users is fixed but I probably won't use it yet.
~Also, dark ascension cards don't show up at all. is it just me?~
FEATURE REQUEST

- A Card manager would be great (and even better with a web/PC/Mac side that interoperates)

- Add the Cards FAQ to a swipe page

-Performace, very slow even on a brand new 4s after it is restarted

-If your goal is to replace other apps then a card/deck price value is going to be a must
FEATURE REQUEST

- +5 and -5 options on life and poison sometimes you need to adjust 6 or 7 life and hiting -5 -1 -1 is much more efficent in game play then -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 as you can imagine. Especially when the app is laggy.

First, I want to say that this app is awesome and in my opinion far better than any app previously available.

BUG
When I was searching for Phyrexian Metamorph in offline mode the phyrexian mana symbol did not display (it showed the cost as {3} on the card search page).

FEATURE REQUEST
- As formerly mentioned, the ability to go to negative life totals. Would apply in cases such as with  Platinum Angel or Phyrexian Unlife.

- Perhaps an ability to manually select a life total. It could be tiresome if you had an effect such as Celestial Mantle to double your life in one life increments.

- The ability to set multiple custom formats, so I could have like one for Two-Headed Giant, one for Emperor, etc.

autocarding
[/deck=Deckname] #x cardname or # * cardname [//deck] =

Mountain
[/c]Mountain[//c] = Mountain
the only thing I noticed is that when you search within a format cards that are banned within that format still show up.  This could confuse new players who might not now that Card X is banned and ends up building an iillegal deck as a result.

For instance, if you search for "Disciple" in Modern, Disciple of the Vault will show up.

The other thing I would like is the ability to play further through the sample hand a bit more, perhaps being able to "play" cards from your hand (really just eliminating it from your hand) and drawing more than three cards... nothing crazy, but more than three.
~ Current Decks I'm Playing or Building ~ (Click a deck's name to see list) [] CorpseJunk Menace/Township Counters (Standard) [] Reanimation/Clerics Theme Deck - Commander: Ghost Dad [] Devouring Tokens (Planechase, Multiplayer) [] Krark-Clan Ironworks: 2012 Edition (Modern) [] Azorious Turbo Fog (Modern)
Here's how I feel about it. The app sucks compared to the other ones, granted they made me pay money for it, but still it was worth it. They should be PAYING US to download the app. Its slow, and the search feature is terrible. If they want this to even compare to the other mtg apps, make the search feature better. Plus I already have so much in iMtG, I don't want to have to recreate it. If they do get rid of all 3rd party apps, I will go back to using my brain rather than this crap. Deck builders are nice but aren't a necessity, so I don't NEED them. They do help though, but only the good ones. It's not fair to take away the third party apps just because theirs isn't good. If they want people to download it, then make it better. Currently the only good thing is the life counter and that still needs work. Don't be a child running to your "parents" WotC.
From another thread:
The toolbox won't allow adding Dream Halls to a legacy deck, saying that it is banned in Legacy.  However, Dream Halls is not banned in Legacy, so the toolbox should allow adding it.
Feature Request

-The deckbuilding feature needs a complete overhaul.  Make it easier to look at deck stats on a single screen (not hitting a button for individual stats like mana symbols or colors, that's annoying, show me the whole sheet of deck stats and let me scroll through it).  Also, add graphs and charts, make me feel professional.

-Player profiles need to be able to save in the lifecounter screen I hate having to put my  options in every time.

-There needs to be some animation for the dice rolls, otherwise its boring.

-The whole app could work faster, especially the card lookup, its really slow.

Overall

- The App is mediocre at best, but as to be expected from a first draft.  It is far behind many of the other apps (not to be named) but it is young so I'm sure it will get its tweaks and eventually become useful.

Until then, I'm not using it.

56735468 wrote:
Residual energetic and psychic emenations from the spark of planewalkers going in and out of the blind eternities like it was a windmill eventually coalesced into beings named eldrazi who by their very nature could not consume mundane sources of nourishment to sustain their existence.
I suppose I have a unique viewpoint on this, since I finally purchased an iPhone two days ago, and didn't have the opportunity to pick up other apps.  My previous phone was a crappy, cracked Blackberry.  I have nothing to compare Toolbox to, but I still have some thoughts.

-When looking at a deck, if I click on "Add Card to Deck," I expect the card I select to be added to the deck I was previously viewing.  Having to choose the deck again over and over again is irritating, time-consuming and can lead to cards being added to the wrong deck, which brings me to my next point: 

-Removing a card from a deck should be easier and more intuitive.  If I select a card that has already been added, the next screen should give the following options: "remove card from deck," add/subtract X copies of card to/from deck.

It seems ok to me, but as I said previously, I don't have anything to compare it to.  From what I've read about [forbidden program], it has everything Toolbox has, but it had even more and worked faster.  Hiring that guy seems like a no-brainer, especially if your'e just going to release an inferior version in a fancy new skin.  I also emphatically agree with the points made by the previous poster:

Feature Request

-The deckbuilding feature needs a complete overhaul.  Make it easier to look at deck stats on a single screen (not hitting a button for individual stats like mana symbols or colors, that's annoying, show me the whole sheet of deck stats and let me scroll through it).  Also, add graphs and charts, make me feel professional.

-Player profiles need to be able to save in the lifecounter screen I hate having to put my  options in every time.

-The whole app could work faster, especially the card lookup, its really slow.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

PROBLEM:
Werewolf does not appear as a creature type. Awkward for those of us wishing to check out the new cards via your app! :P
Agree with most points made already.  
The most important ones being:
-IPad version
-high res artwork, I dislike clicking the card and getting a tiny picture.
-More options for play testing, is WotC worried I'll just play real games through this?  Which would be soooo much fun...
-Permanent profiles, multiple ones.
-Personal collection
-Gatherer, crazy idea, take Gatherer from your website and put it in the app, not this 'lite' version
-Slider life totals.  This tap, tap thing doesn't work.  
-Market values, if you shut down other apps, you have to suck it up and add this.  This is crucial to a whole lot of your audience when deciding on what cards they will try and get for a deck.  Some of us have a strict mtg budget.
-Deckbuilding, most points covered already.

It needs to be reiterated how disappointed I am with WotC's approach to their app.  This game is nothing without the community. Huge, raving fans committed tons of time and resources creating an advertisment  in the form of an app.  It is a slap in the communities face by shutting down your fans hard work.  

Why not just shut down all the card and strategy sites, stop competing tournaments, close the secondary market.  Sounds ridiculous, right?  You completely undervalue your audience.  I'd wager most people would pay to keep your app and the other ones up to date.  You also make a loud statement that your app is inferior to the existing ones.  It's just sad that a company built by making the best tcg isn't confident it can make the best app based on their own game.

I am psyched to have an app from Wizards.  That said, it's frustrating to see they want to be the 'go to' app because they are the only app to go to.  Instead of being the best app to go to.  Where is the incentive for them to improve it without competition?

-my two cents

Where is the incentive for them to improve it without competition?

This sums it up perfectly for me.

Just re-iterating what others have already mentioned.
Deck building is slow and painful.

Also, there appears to be a bug where new set updates require money?
This is somewhat antithetical to uptake of an app.
("Why would I download and then pay for a clunky app, when other apps do the same thing but for free?")
Not sure what the logic is behind charging for what should be free - especially when the update process can largely be automated.
For example, I've never had to pay to use gatherer, or view spoilers.

Finally, I want to express my dissapointment that Wizard clubbed the baby seal that is Decked Builder.
Crippling a fan made app which supports users in their enjoyment of MTG is poor form.
A way to share the deck's you build and hopefully inthe future catalogs between devices. It is great to be able to email them OUT but what about bringing them in from say an Iphone to and Ipad many people have both and when you can, working on the ipad is nicer but not always what you want to take to an event.
I was messing around with it again today, and I have some more...feedback:

I decided that the 5-color Curse deck I was working on was going down to 4 colors, and I thought of a new, more clever name for it...but the ole Toolbox doesn't allow the name or colors of the deck to be changed.  Seriously, the more I use this thing the more I realize what a hack job it is. 

Here's the best advice for this thing: scrap it.  Just scuttle the whole thing, pay the Decked Builder guy to put a fancy, official MTG skin on his software, and call it the MTG Toolbox.  That way you have an instantly awesome, official product, and not some amateur-hour garbage that would've felt dated two years ago.

I can also sum it up with the following analogy:

Toolbox is to Decked Builder as Sega Genesis is to Playstation 3.       

I am absolutely disgusted with WoTC right now, since when has a company that is supposedly supporting creativity with games of imagination and fun been into strong-arming and stifling that creativity? Seriously cease and desist orders to app builders who play your games and have sought to bring that to people so that they to might have that same level of enjoyment and fun that they felt when they were compelled to create those apps. I for one used to have 4-5 of the mtg style apps on my android device and have played D&D for the past thirty years. I wont be purchasing anymore products from Hasbro or WoTC and am going to post a message on the board in my local game stores to let people know about what how this company and its parent company are behaving. Not only that but I am also going to ask the same of my gaming groups who all happen to be in the 30+ gamer age range. Many of us were using the apps to track our extensive libraries of cards and find this situation that Hasbro, WoTC, and the Android Market has created to be a distasteful and disgusting display of big money tactics. I would expect this of the US Government, not a game company.
Much of my post is going to be an echo of what has already been said. Its way too slow. Its possible to create decks, but not in any sort of timely manner. Revising a decklist to do say, remove one card and add another card, which often happens after I play in tournaments and want to tweak my decklist, takes forever. Much of the app I don't have a problem with, but the ability to not be able to execute such a simple task with even the slightest modicum of efficiency is irritating to say the least. If there's one thing to focus attention to, its the deckbuilding and card searching interface, as thats probably what people are mainly using the app for. The rest can come later. I need a reason to want to use this app over the older, third-party apps, and I don't see much as of this moment. I'll probably stick to those until the interface for this one is sped up significantly. From what I can see, the hatred this app garners isn't so much from dislike of this app, its just the fact that it is inferior by far compared to the others.

Features Request
-Speed. This is the reason I can't stand the app as of right now. I can live with (though not happily) the excess of taps needed to perform simple edits to a decklist. Probably the biggest starting point.
-Price lookup. This one's big too. I miss the days of just searching a card and updating its price in-app from tcgplayer or scg in about 5-10 seconds, without having to go onto Safari. Also, the option to choose which site you price from would be really swell.
-In deckbuilding mode, eliminate the redundancy of choosing a deck, tapping to "add card to deck," tapping a card to add to the deck, and then choosing what deck to add it to again. It makes me feel like an idiot when I'm asked for confirmation in that manner. Just let me choose a deck and edit it!
-When searching for cards, be it in card search mode or deckbuilding mode, I don't want the list to update as I type. When I type the first letter of a card, I have no interest in waiting forever to see all the cards beginning with that letter.
-Improve the search filters. Filters for oracle text (especially; if it already exists in the app I have no idea where), cmc, power, toughness, etc. Boolean search functions (and, or, not, etc.) would be nice as well.
-Option to sort searched cards by cmc, power, toughness, etc. Also, an option to sort under one category primarily, and another category as a second (ex. by color, and then by cmc). Also, being able to do this for your deck would be nice. Being able to also set some of the categories (such as not sorting my Artifact Creatures and Legendary Creatures into their own category and just leaving them with all the other creatures) would be nice.
-A customizable "default filter." I dislike having to select the format I want to search in every time. If I want to search Standard all the time without specifying it every time, offer me that option. If I can't have this option, let me delete the sets I don't want to view.
-The "+" button for adding life for the top player in the life counter is too close to the home button.
-Ability to swipe through card images instead of going back to the list of searched cards each time.
-Full-screen HD card art.

The above features are in no particular order with the exception of the top two. Those two areas are that which should be handled first in my opinion. I'd be more than happy to use the app; I just need a reason to do so.

Just my opinion.

EDIT: I understand everyone wants different things from this app. If the features requested can't be fully integrated, at least give the option.
Feature Request

Android ap listed in the Amazon Ap Market and compatiable with the Kindle Fire.
Feature Request

-I would like to be able to edit the deck colors after the deck has been created.
-the ability to add personal images as backgrounds
-more images for the back grounds like user favorited lands
-landscape mode in any and all screens
-the ability to change the main player to any player at any point.
-Archenemy mode
-ability to listen to music while playing?

BUG

when analyzing the deck card types, Basic lands are not included in the land percentage.     

Seriously, the more I use this thing the more I realize what a hack job it is. 

I want to second this thought.

This whole app, the more I use it, the more frustrated I am getting with it.  WOTC, if you wanted us to stop using other apps, you've done yourselves a disservice with this one.  It's rather dissappointing. 
56735468 wrote:
Residual energetic and psychic emenations from the spark of planewalkers going in and out of the blind eternities like it was a windmill eventually coalesced into beings named eldrazi who by their very nature could not consume mundane sources of nourishment to sustain their existence.
What a disappointment.

I am so upset you guys forced the decked builder app to change.

Greedy greedy greedy

And your app is crap in comparison...i suppose that's why you threatened legal action, because you all know your app is a waste of time.

And I am flabbergasted that you think it's ok to charge money for each set to be added.

Shame shame shame

Isnt it a good thing for there to be a ton of people using/making/sharing magic card ideas?

Is it so bad for a private company to be essentially promoting Magic cards without giving you a kickback?

I have been playing magic since Fallen Empires was the new set, and I am seriously disappointed for the first time in this company.

FIX IT! 

feedback to make this app better? purchase decked builder and insert WOTC trademarks.  

WOTC legal strongarming is disgusting, as well.  

Sign In to post comments