Dark Ascension Event Decks

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
Today's Arcana shows us the boxes for the Dark Ascension Event Decks.  We have a mono-red deck featuring Hellrider called Gleeful Flames, which features devils and goblins; and a black/green deck headed by Strangleroot Geist called Spiraling Doom that uses undying and other ways to make creatures bigger.  What sorts of cards and strategies do you think will be found in these decks?  Feel free to post potential deck lists.

Rules Advisor

Quick stab in the dark for the Hellrider deck:
Quick stab in the dark for the Hellrider deck:

Aren't event decks supposed to be better than intro packs? Cause this looks like it would be worse. And 20 mountain isn't enough if you want to cast 4 and 5 mana spells.
Should have said "extremely quick unchecked" stab in the dark. :p
Not to mention that Event Decks can use any card in Standard, so you'd expect some Scars block cards as well.
Known as Blitzer on most forums. Despite the username, I am male. Both sex AND gender.
And have 60 cards in the main plus a sideboard. :P Okay, I'll lay off now.
I feel like the green/black one is going to be a birthing pod deck.
I bet the Hellrider one will be an RDW deck with Stormblood Berserkers and such. Not an optimally competitve build (naturally), but it'll be a sufficient RDW.

The second will probably have a Geralf's Messenger I bet. That's as far as I can analyze.
Puresteel players unite! [Archetype] PURESTEEL
Why would they make undying pod so accessible to new players if wotc is so scared of it?

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

2 Inkmoth Nexus in one deck, you've got to be kidding...
These are both worth picking up.the red one just for the inkmoths
And the other one is awesome 2 birthing pods,solemn simulacrum,4 strangleroot geists,plus some other goodies like hex parisite.hes Gona be much more playable now with all the undying creatures plus he still kills planeswalkers.and hurts shrines
I feel like the green/black one is going to be a birthing pod deck.

Called it. I'll be picking this one up to get my other 2 pods I need.
Im getting neither cuz they both suck.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

man they really splashed out with the rares. inkmoths and pods are both good, with a hellrider and sad robot thrown in for good measure? i'm almost tempted to buy them.
Where is a link for the decks?
Nevermind, I found them.
The Undying one looks like my kind of deck. How much do these things retail for again?
Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.
The Undying one looks like my kind of deck. How much do these things retail for again?

It varies. Like $20-$40 I think.

SCG is selling Gleeful Flames for $25 and Spiraling Doom for $20
The MSRP is $19.99. Each set, there's been a "better" one that gets marked up, though.
I'm half-considering getting the one.  I've been meaning to build something with Birthing Pod in it since it was spoiled anyway (and never got around to it) and it seems like good fun in its own right.
"Do not concern yourself with my origin, my race, or my ancestry. Seek my record in the pits, and then make your wager." --Arcanis the Omnipotent
Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png)
Before they banned the format out of existence, I was a proud supporter of Modern.

I'm half-considering getting the one.  I've been meaning to build something with Birthing Pod in it since it was spoiled anyway (and never got around to it) and it seems like good fun in its own right.

I'm convinced that Pod is the most fun thing ever, but that's just me.
The MSRP is $19.99. Each set, there's been a "better" one that gets marked up, though.

well...they're both great value !

these will sell like hotcakes because they are BOTH worth more then the cost for getting the cards in them...!
Sign In to post comments