Do you take your shoes off at work?

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
And if you do, is it technically against the rules to do so?

I don't and it is technically against the rules for me to do so. However, if it were more convenient, I would do it anyway. Unfortunately, I would have to unblouse my pants, untie and loosen my boots, then reverse the process when I'm done, taking care to ensure that the pants aren't too low on the boots as that would also be against the rules, and this might be at a time when I'm supposed to move quickly or when someone important is coming and getting caught like that wouldn't be a happy time. Basically, it's just not worth the effort. If we were allowed to have zippered boots (and there's really no reason other than someone's pet peeve that we can't), I would probably do it.
Owner and Proprietor of the House of Trolls. God of ownership and possession.

I’ve never checked to see if it’s against the rules here.

I’ve seen one other employee with no shoes on and that guy’s been here like forever so I figured that’s good enough for me.

Haven’t tried taking naps under the cubicle desk, but there’s plenty of grass outside and couches downstairs for that.

When I was younger, and it was unacceptable to wear anything but office shoes.  I would carry my office shoes to work in a bag, and swap them for my gym shoes or snow boots. 

Since I work in a factory, shoes are definitely required.  Maybe a CEO could get away with it, during a nap or whatever, but they all have their own offices. 

I have napped 4 or 5 times under my present desk at lunch when the noise was way down.  Only been seen once that I know of.

Lady NeferRa

Guaranteed to be less than 10% werewolf!

If I'm at my desk it's technically against the rules for fire safety reasons, but no one cares. Also, because it's a hospital, I can get away with sneakers since just about everyone wears them anyway.

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
who, squatting upon the ground,
held his heart in his hands, and ate of it.
I said, "is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter – bitter," he answered;
"but I like it,
"beacuase it is bitter,
"and because it is my heart."

No idea if it's against the rules or not, but I've occasionally taken my boots off while I'm at my desk.  At my old job I would take them off and leave 'em off and wander around the library barefoot, but I don't think I'd do that here, and only if I'm going to be at my desk for a while.

Helps that cowboy boots are easy to pull off and on. 
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
I don't.  Never even wanted to.  I've seen the people that walk on this floor. 
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

No idea if it's against the rules or not, but I've occasionally taken my boots off while I'm at my desk.  At my old job I would take them off and leave 'em off and wander around the library barefoot, but I don't think I'd do that here, and only if I'm going to be at my desk for a while.

The library I'm at has many floors and isn't really filled with students until the end of quarters, so I like to take my shoes off if I'm going to be in one set of stacks for an extended period of time.

I can if I want to. I've done it before, though for the most part, I don't need to. 
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Considering I work with sheet metal, taking the steel toed steel shank work boots off would be rather stupid.

Amen, brother - I've pulled shards of metal out of my boots that pierced completely through the sole and stabbed me in the foot, I keep my damn boots on...
 I currently work in a warehouse, and have no desire to get my feet run over by a forklift.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

And if you do, is it technically against the rules to do so?

Of course, right before I put on my steel toed boots.
Think you can survive a zombie attack? Click here to find out.

It Came From Section Four!
Warning: Posts my contain evil.

Orc in the House of Trolls
Considering I work with sheet metal, taking the steel toed steel shank work boots off would be rather stupid.

I hear that. 
I'd rather not have a screw go through my foot, or knowing my luck be wearing my loafers and then someone crushes my toes by dropping something on them or some overzealous driver decides to run past the gate and get my feet run over. 
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
All this talk of forklifts and steel toed boots makes me glad I went from working construction supply to working in a library.

About the worst thing you can do running-people-over wise at my job is crash a book cart into a noble laureate.
I work the overnight shift at a small police department as a dispatcher.  I don't know if there is a specific rule about not having shoes on but I'd keep them on anyway since the floor is crappy.  

Now I did institute my own "Comfy Pant Nights" on Friday and Saturday nights.  I always wear a pair of sweat pants on those nights.  Started doing that when I worked on Christmas and said screw it I am going to be comfy on Christmas.  
Basically I sit here and either work on D&D stuff or play my xbox.  Thats why I haven't pushed the Comfy Pant Night to every night.  

It was funny playing Grand Theft Auto IV here for obvious reason. 
How is that bad? That sounds quite fun and rewarding. DO you get to throw books at them?

Nope, no book tossing. We like the Nobel Laureates around here.

What is fun and rewarding is getting one's self nearly run over by a pack of young females wearing next to no clothes as they run all over campus, singing pledge songs.

One does not need to be in college to enjoy college.

Sign In to post comments