Bring Events to Town w/no Store

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
The only store in my town that sells any WotC product is the local Wal-Mart. That said, there's a game shop in a town about an hour south of my town. So my question:

Is it possible to register as a TO, affiliate with the store in the next town and run events at the local community college?  

Or would the store have to set up a new venue and do all the scheduling and then just have me run the actual event?

Does anyone have any experience in bringing events to a town that doesn't have a retailer? 
This is a great question, that I have wondered myself.  The stores in my area that host games are just too far away to be able to participate regularly.  I was wanting to see about hosting encounters so perhaps more potential players in my area can get involved.
Hi!

It is possible to register as a TO with no stores around. The main thing is you have to have access to a public venue in which to hold your events. I just registered for my area, and it has no store. What I had to do during registration to be a TO is select no store but provide the name, address, phone number, and website for the location where I would hold the event.

Luckily our mall has a community room that can be used for events like this, and I can book it any time the mall is open. I haven't started holding events yet, but I hope to over the summer. I recently requested membership cards, and just received them last week. So, I've been registering new members and providing them their DCI info too.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I have access to run games at the local College Library.  Last time I tried to get "support" it was "and sell product to be able to run the event"

My next option is 2 hours one-way...

I have yet to ask one of the local book stores to see if they can "host" an event

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

Sign In to post comments