Orbital Yards

100 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hobart Class Destroyer
The Hobart destroyers, at the time of their creation, were well built craft, quite fast for their size, and could take quite a pounding due to many redundancies and solid construction, but not very maneuverable. Being part of the first and second generation space combat craft, the Hobarts used rotating sections to simulate gravity, which contained the living quarters, primary systems including life support, small hydroponics and secondary bridge. The narrow profile made it a difficult target from the fore or aft, although the spinning second did make it a little easier to spot. The hobarts were also one of the first light warships to be fitted with interstellar faster than light systems, allowing it to follow larger ships under its own power, or be used to investigate systems on its own.
Although today, the Hobart is considered obsolete, the solid construction, easy of repairs, and low crew requirements has allowed them to remain in service, usually converted into light freighters or runners, or as colonial defense units. Hobarts do not take many newer systems well, without a lot of extensive work of its systems, but the owners of these modified Hobarts think it was well worth the effort as the tough hulls have saved them many times over.
The original armament of a Hobart included three double barrel railguns, several pulse laser emitters used in a more point defense system, and a large gauss cannon spinal mount. The only complaint people have of the Hobart is the lack of missile weapons, and that the only energy weapons are the point defense system, but at the time, energy weapons were power intensive, and railguns were far more reliable and ammunition easy to acquire. Updated versions might replace the railguns with lasers, but many, except retired models, retain the gauss cannon for a strong anti-capital ship weapon, and add at least one or two missile pods. Hobarts are unable to enter a planetary atmosphere, remaining in space only their entire service life.

*Note: All stats such as Defense and attacks do NOT include crew bonus, these are the stats for an uncrewed version. Hobarts used at the time of their deployment would use trained for colonial defense fleets or expert for frontline units.
Hobart Destroyer (PL6)
Type: Light
Subtype: Destroyer
Size: Colossal (-8 Size)
Tactical Speed: 5250 ft (if engines suffer critical hit, speed lowers to 3500 ft)
Defense: 2 (-8 size)
Flat-Footed Defense: 2 (-8 size)
Autopilot Defense: -4 (+4 autopilot -8 size)
Hardness: 20
Hit Dice: 70d20 (1400)
Initiative Modifier:
Pilot's Class Bonus:
Pilot's Dex Modifier:
Gunner's Attack Bonus: -5 (+3 targeting system -8 size)
Length: 420 ft
Weight: 7850 tons
Targeting System Bonus: +3
Crew: 50
Passenger Capacity: 10
Cargo Capacity: 350 tons
Grapple Modifier: +16
Base PDC: 61
Restriction: Military (+3)

Attack:
3 twin fire-linked railguns -5 ranged (9d12) at up to 3 separate targets, or at most 2 at a single target but separate attack rolls;
or 1 spinal mount gauss gun -7 ranged (12d12, ignore 20 hardness/DR) and 2 twin fire-linked railguns -12 ranged (9d12 at the same target as gauss gun) and 1 twin fire-linked railgun -13 ranged (9d12) at a separate target.

Attack of Opportunity:
Point-defense system +3 ranged (2d12x10 fire)

Standard PL(6) Design Spec:
Engines: thusters, twin improved thrust Helium-3 Plasma drive
Armour: Polymeric
Defense Systems: autopilot, damage control (2d10), chaff launcher (20 bundles), point-defense system (2d12x10 fire), radiation shielding, medium fortification*,
Sensors: Class III sensor array, Targeting system
Communications: radio transceiver, laser transceiver
Weapons: 3 twin fire-linked railguns, spinal mount gauss gun
Grappling Systems: none

Notes: The way the weapons are laid out, generally only two of the railgun turrets can target the same target, and each has their own gunner, so up to separate targets can be attacked at once. Only two of the railgun turrets can attack the same target as the spinal mount gauss gun if within range, which has to be in front of the Hobart.
Spinal Mount Gauss Gun 12d12, 20, ballistic, 8000 ft, once every two turns, 50 rounds. Gauss gun ammunition PDC 16 for 10 rounds Military restriction (+3).
*Medium fortification: Although this feature is a PL8 feature, the way the Hobart is designed and built, with its redundancies allow it to shrug off many (75%) critical strikes.
Solid Frame: The solid construction of the Hobart, which gives it its ability to shrug off critical damage, gives it several other advantages, it takes half damage from performing a ram attack (target of the ram still suffers normal full damage), the Hobart isn't considered disabled until it reaches -40 hp and doesn't start to break up until -60 hp. This has allowed many Hobarts to continue fighting past the point of many other ships. Hobarts are also easier to repair and jury-rig, reducing repair and jury-rig DCs by 2 and time by one-quarter.
Broadside: Due to the narrow design of the Hobart, only two of the railgun turrets can strike the same target, or attack in the front or rear arcs. However, in the side arcs, the gunners can opt to link the guns in a battery if they all attack the same target, granting a +2 bonus to attack.
Flying Brick: Hobarts are fast, but not very maneuverable, suffering a -4 to Pilot checks to perform maneuvers such as jinking, or avoiding navigational hazards. Most pilots and sensor operators of Hobarts learn to err on the side of caution, preparing for maneuvers early or plotting courses that will have the least amount of hazards as possible.

Designer Note: Even though I mentioned in the description one of the first to use a FTL system, you can ignore that if you wish, but I left the type of FTL up to the individual GM for the type of FTL systems used in their games, from hyperspace, hyperdrive, some form of warp or jump drives, wormhole or fold systems.

Mines

Now, according to d20 Future, mines require a ship that is colossal in size, and 100 tons of cargo for a device that is only medium in size, so approximately 5`, with Defense 5, hardness 10 and 50 hit points. Now, being a sci-fi fan, I`ve read, watched and played various sci-fi books, shows/movies and games, and we all know that many sources have mines that are pretty small, where even a heavy fighter could deploy some. Example being the Raptor heavy fighter from Wing Commander 1, could deploy a single porcupine mine, which was basically just an explosive that it dropped against following fighters or drop as you do a high speed pass of a capital ship and let it float into the ship for some extra damage when you run out of missiles.
So, using d20 Future logic, a mine layer, to be effective, needs something like a converted hauler (light size, cargo capacity of 3300 tons) that'll hold about 33 mines, but we'll round down to 30 mines due to design and other systems like heavier shielding and other systems that might be found on military craft.
So let's call this type of mine system a standard mine system.

Now, let's look at a smaller version, which deploys smaller mines that affect only a single 500 foot square, and we'll also make an even smaller version that deploys a bunch of small explosives, like mini missiles, only without guidance systems, kind of like throwing a bunch of grenades out the airlock, not very dangerous, but would slow the progress of any ship larger than a shuttle.

Light Mine System
This mine deployment system is smaller than the standard mine launching system, releasing smaller mines. These smaller mines are just like normal mines, but are only small sized objects, weighing up to several hundred pounds, Defense 8, hardness 5, 30 hit points. When they detonate, they affect only a single 500 square area. When deployed, the ship sets the conditions under which the mine detonates. Up to four mines can be deployed in the same 500 foot square and programmed to detonate simultaneously.
Light versions of the standard mines are available, but some other versions, such as nonlethal mines are available in this size, as they are cheaper to produce and deploy in greater quantities. A light mine layer requires only requires 50 tones of cargo, has a purchase DC of 20.

Ultralight Mine System
The ultralight mine system is even smaller than the light mine system, deploying mines that are only tiny sized objects, weighing at most 200 pounds, with Defense 10, hardness 3 and 15 hit points. They are usually deployed in small groups and used against small ships such as fighters, shuttles and troop transports, or released against pursuing ships. The mine only affects the target it strikes, thus when a group of 4 or more mines are in a single 500 square area, the detonation of one will not affect the other mines in the same square. These mine layers can deploy two mines at once as an attack action.
When a ship flies into the mine occupied square, meeting the conditions, which is usually just through physical contact, if the ship isn't actively looking for mines, the ship must make a Pilot check DC 20 for each mine in the 500 foot square. With a competent sensor operator making a Computer Use check DC 21 searching for mines, the pilot gains a +2 to Pilot checks to avoid the mines. Unfortunately this bonus only affects ships of the Ultralight and light types, as larger ships just fill the 500 foot square, and suffer a -5 penalty to avoid each mine. Alternately, a ship can just deploy a mine or two, against a ship pursuing it as an attack at -4 penalty. The pursuing ship must make a Reflex save with a DC equal to the launching ship's attack roll, but suffer a penalty based on their ship type: Ultralight -0, light -1, mediumweight -2, heavy -4, superheavy -6.
An ultralight mine system takes up 1 ton of cargo and holds 4 mines, PDC 18 for the launcher. A 2 mine version takes up only 1000 lbs of cargo space with a PDC 17, and a single mine version takes up 500 lbs of cargo space with a PDC of 16.

Weapon

Damage

Critical

Damage Type

Range Incr.

Rate of Fire

Min Ship Size

PDC

Restriction

PL

EMP Mine**

8d20

-

Electrical

-

-

Colossal

Res (+2)

Shredder Mine***

10d8

-

Slashing

-

-

Colossal

Mil (+3)

Light Fusion Mine

2d100

-

Energy

-

-

Colossal

Mil (+3)

Light Shredder Mine***

8d8

-

Slashing

-

-

Colossal

Mil (+3)

Light EMP Mine**

4d20

-

Electrical

Colossal

Res (+2)

Light Gravitic Mine

5d100

-

Energy

-

-

Colossal

Mil (+3)

Light Zero Point Mine

7d100

-

Energy

-

-

Colossal

Mil (+3)

Light Null Mine*

5d100

-

Energy

-

-

Colossal

Mil (+3)

Ultralight Shredder Mine

4d8

-

Slashing

-

-

Gargantuan

Mil (+3)

Ultralight Fusion Mine

3d20

-

Energy

-

-

Gargantuan

Mil (+3)

Ultralight Gravitic Mine

5d20

-

Energy

-

-

Gargantuan

Mil (+3)

Ultralight EMP Mine**

2d20

-

Electrical

-

-

Gargantuan

Res (+2)

Ultralight Zero Point

7d20

-

Energy

-

-

Gargantuan

Mil (+3)

*Ignores ship's hardness.
**In addition to damage, the ship is stunned for 2 rounds.
***These mines causes multiple hull breaches that causes decompression in various areas. See Description.

EMP Mine
EMP mines release a large electromagnetic pulse effect, similar to that of a nuclear explosion. In addition to taking damage, the starship is stunned for 2 rounds. Neither crew nor passengers are stunned however. The ship's autopilot is unavailable as it is also stunned. A Computer Use DC 18 and Repair DC 15 is required to get the ship functioning again in 1 round, but suffers a -2 to all rolls and Defense for one round. The ultralight EMP mine only dazes the ship for 1 round, but not the crew or passengers, as it is not as powerful.

Shredder Mine
The shredder mine works on a similar principle as fragmenting grenades, spreading sharp pieces of metal through its blast area, causing multiple hull ruptures and decompression. Although not as deadly as other mines, the ability of the mine to create hull breaches without seriously damaging the ship allows to be captured easier as either all the crew dies from decompression and suffocation from the air escaping, or reduced crew to fight boarders with EVA suits. When a ship is damaged by a shredder mine, and isn't destroyed, roll  2d10 to determine the number of crew fatalities and if the ship carries passengers, 2d10 to determine the number of passenger casualties. If the ship has less than 20 crew and passengers, the ship will have a breach of medium size, d20 Future page 84 for rules on decompression for damage and decompression times.
Ultralight shredder mines roll only 1d10 for crew and passenger casualties. For ships with crew and passengers less than 20, tiny sized breach is formed.

Starship Sensors

MINESWEEPER SUITE (PL6)

In addition to extra ablative armor or shielding, a vessel outfitted as a minesweeper boasts a large electronics suite designed to prevent a mine from detonating. Dampener fields suppress the trigger mechanisms of nearby mines and pinpoint sensors enable the location – and remote deactivation – of a mine. Minesweeping is not a fast process and a vessel that tries to hurry the procedure is just as likely to trigger the minefield as it is to disable it.
Use of the minesweeper suite requires a successful Computer Use check by the operator for each square of mines to be deactivated. The DC for this check is determined by the mine. To clear a square of mines takes a number of minutes equal to the DC of the check. The process may be hurried – the DC of the check increases by 2 for every minute the time is reduced by. Failure of the check by 10 or more indicates a catastrophic failure resulting in the minefi eld detonating as normal.
A ship equipped with a minesweeper suite gains a +10 enhancement bonus to sensor checks and has the sensor range doubled when detecting mines. As well, its weapons gain a +4 equipment bonus to hit when targeting mines. Checks made to detect a ship with a minesweeper suite gain a +5 bonus due to the increased electronic noise produced by the equipment. The electronic noise is produced even when the suite is not in use and cannot be voluntarily suppressed.

Tanto Missile
Tanto missiles are short and fast, taking up little space in a craft's payload, and are surprisingly highly accurate, although they have low damage. The missile has IFF and radar tracking systems, complemented by a motion tracker that allows it to follow a target through most evasive maneuvers. Tantos are useable in both an atmosphere and in the vacuum of space, making it an excellent choice for fighters that fight in both mediums.
Tanto missiles have a minimum range of 100 feet, making them excellent close range weapons. If fired closer than 100 feet, it does not arm and does not explode, but still deals 3d6 points of ballistic damage. The systems on the tanto grant it a +3 equipment bonus to attack rolls. Once fired, and if the missile misses its target, it will keep attacking the same target, unless another enemy (identified by the IFF system) moves closer than the original target, for up to 5 rounds at +3 to attack rolls plus any targeting bonuses from targeting systems the firing ship has. When the tanto missile hits its target, it explodes, dealing 6d8 points of damage, with a critical range of 19-20 for double damage.
Tanto missiles can not attack ground targets, as it is an air to air or space to space missile only. Tanto launchers usually hold 12 missiles, PDC 21 for a rack of 12.

Starship Weapon

Phased Weapon System (PL 8)

A phased weapon system is a weapon system that uses phase-modulated energy to affect its target. Due to the fact that the energy of the weapon is phase-modulated, no matter what type of defensive shields or fields are being used, some of the energy will bypass them to directly affect the starship, space station or object. Any weapon equipped with a phased weapon system, no matter what type of defensive field or shield is being used, 25% of the damage will ignore their defenses and affect the target as normal.
Purchase DC: 20 + the cost of the weapon’s base purchase DC
Restriction: Rare Military (+4)

Proton Beam Cannon (PL 7)
Proton beam weapons are energy weapons that fire a beam of tightly focused protons. While able to penetrate most energy defense systems, such as shields and fields, they are not as effective against physical objects, such as hull plating. Proton beams completely ignore the effects of particle fields, and against shields deal 15d10 points of damage, and on a critical hit with a threat range of 19-20, instead of bypassing the shields, deal triple damage to the shields, as well as dealing 5d8 points of energy damage to the hull. Against unshielded ships, the proton beam cannon only deals 5d8 points of damage with a critical of 20 x2. Against energy based lifeforms, proton beam weapons deal 15d10 with a critical threat range of 19-20 x3.
Damage: 15d20 19-20x3 against shields and energy lifeforms, 5d8 20x2 against physical objects.
Damage Type: Energy
Range Increment: 3500 ft
Rate of Fire: Single
Minimum Ship Size: Colossal
Purchase DC: 38
Restriction: Mil (+3)

Starship Sensors

Tachyon Detection Field (PL 7)

A tachyon detection field is a technique developed as a means of detecting cloaked starship or star base. The field uses active tachyon beams transmitted in a burst formation to create a tachyon-saturated field surrounding the starship or star base. Any cloaked ship entering this field would be exposed due to the interaction between the cloaking field and the tachyons. In gaming terms, any starship or star base using a cloaking device or stealth equipment within 5,000 ft (10 sq.) of the starship or star base equipped with a tachyon detection field will be revealed and may be attacked as normal.
Purchase DC: 10 + one-quarter the base purchase DC of the starship.
Restriction: Restricted (+2)

Misc Equipment

Electro-plasma Distribution Network (PL 8)

The Electro-plasma Distribution Network, better known as EDN is an energy distribution system used to power all starships from their weapons system to life support to its  subsystems. The concept is based on storing energy in highly energetic plasma referred to as “electro-plasma,” and distributing this in a plasma grid through the starships magnetic conduits, called EDN conduits to EDN valves. Throughout a starship various EDN valves are placed on the conduits to accommodate energy distribution. From the EDN valves, the energy is distributed through conventional electricity. This system is highly efficient and in gaming terms, it reduces any fuel consumption by 25% and starship gain +500 feet (+1 square) to the starship’s tactical speed.
Purchase DC: 5 + one-quarter the Starship’s base purchase DC
Restriction: None

Starship Armour

Reactive Armour (PL 6)

A starship with this modification has had small explosive charges bolted to its outer surfaces on the starship. When the starship is hit by weapons which use does Ballistic type of damage, this explosives detonate in response to disrupt the attack. In gaming terms the reactive armour gives the Starship damage reduction 20 to ballistic damage.
Tactical Speed Penalty: None
Weight: One-tenth the weight of the starship (rounded down)
Purchase DC: 20
Restriction: Restricted (+2)

MagnoCeramic Lattices Armour (PL7)
MagnoCeramic Lattices is magnettically enhanced ceramic composite material that makes hulls very resistant to kinetic attacks as well as acting as a heat shield for planetary re-entry. All fire damage taken during atmospheric entry by a ship with MagnoCeramic Lattices is halved. The strong magnetic fields that flow through the ceramic plating provides a similar benefit of a magnetic field defensive system, missiles and ballistic weapons fired at a magnoceramic lattices armour suffer a -2 penalty to attack
Hardness: 20 against energy attacks, 40 against ballistic and other kinetic attacks.
Tactical Speed Penalty: None.
Weight: One-tenth the weight of the starship (rounded down).
Purchase DC: 17 + one half the base purchase DC of the starship.

Raven Class Corvette
The Raven is a flexible design for a paramilitary, armed and armoured transport. Although the Raven is limited as a ship of the line, with thin armour and light weapons load, but a few militias use Ravens as excise cutters due to their ability to carry a platoon of troops and seize contraband. The Raven has a fairly long, narrow body, with two wide wings, which aid in its atmospheric flight capabilities, and two powerful engines mounted in the wings, thus freeing up much space in the main body for cargo. The space in the main body is modular in design, allowing it to easily, with only a few hours of work, be changed from straight cargo to cargo with barracks for a platoon of soldiers, plus room for seized contraband or equipment, or as a light medical search and rescue ship.
Fairly fast and maneuverable for its size, and needs only a crew of 12, not counting any troops or other mission specialist staff depending on configuration. In an emergency, it can run with a crew of as little of 4. Measuring only 250 feet long, just classifying it as a light ship, and still atmospheric capable.
The Raven comes armed with a dual laser turret on the top and an extended range laser in a semi turret in the nose, able to only cover a 180 degree arc in the front and to the sides.  The ship comes equipped with a decent sized sickbay, which can work in tandem with larger medical facilities if set up for search and rescue operations, 5 3-men lifepods, with one being directly attached to the bridge, two on either side of the crew quarters, one near the center of the ship close to the main hold, and the last in engineering a the back of the ship. In the main hold, there are fittings for 4 to 6 larger lifepods for use, depending on configuration.

Raven (PL6)
Type: Light
Subtype: Corvette
Size: Colossal (-8)
Tactical Speed: 4000
Autopilot Defense: 7 (-8 size +5 autopilot)
Hit Dice: 35d20 (700 hp)
Initiative Modifier: +2
Pilot's Class Bonus:
Pilot's Dex Modifier:
Gunner's Attack Bonus: +3
Length: 250 ft
Weight: 2400 tons
Crew: 14 (can run with only 4)
Passenger Capacity: *
Cargo Capacity: 100* tons
Base PDC: 53
Restriction: Licenced (+1)
(Stats do not include crew bonuses)

Attack:
Extended range laser -5 ranged (6d8, range 5000 ft) and -10 fire-linked dual laser (9d8),
Or -5 fire-linked dual laser and -10 fire-linked dual laser

Attack of Opportunity:
none

Engines: thrusters, ion engine (improved thrust)
Defense Systems: improved autopilot system, damage control system (2d10), radiation shielding (+5 Fort vs radiation)
Sensors: Class III Sensors, targeting system (+3)
Communications: Radio transceiver, laser transceiver
Weapons: Extended range laser, fire-linked dual laser turret (upgraded for semi rate of fire)
Improved Maneuvering Foils (+4 Pilot checks), modular hold.

Extended Range Laser
The laser mounted in the Raven's nose has a longer barrel and focusing chambers to give it incredible range.

Notes:
*The passenger capacity of a standard model Raven is 0, but when configured as a cutter, it can carry a platoon of up to 40 soldiers and has a cargo capacity of only 50 tons. For search and rescue configurations, the Raven could carry up to 80 passengers, plus adds 10 to 20 medical staff and 1 extra crew member.

Cutter Configuration
The cutter configuration adds grapples, barracks for up to 40 troops, reduces the cargo capacity to 50 tons for contraband, and has 3 cells that can hold 5 prisoners each. There is also an armoury to store the troops' weapons. There is also 4 lifepods added to the main hold for the solders to use. PDC 42

Search and Rescue Configuration
This version also has the grappler installed, but instead of a barracks, a large medical bay is installed with quarters for the medical staff, and temporary quarters for up to 80 patients with only about 30 tons for cargo. The equipment provides a +2 equipment bonus to all checks for the medical staff to treat patients. PDC 41

Defender Configuration
This version removes all the cargo capacity and replaces it with multiple missiles. These versions are usually used in defensive fleets, able to race about the battle field, releasing missiles before retreating. Four missile launchers are added, each with their own weapons station and requires a gunner, loaded with 16 missiles each. These launchers can fire independently of the weapons of the Raven, with their own targeting system (+2) but still suffers the size penalty of the ship (-8) with an additional -2 penalty as long as the ship is moving (total of -8 penalty when the ship is moving, or -6 if stationary). PDC 45 Mil (+3)

Liberty Patrol Gunship
The Liberty gunship is a small framed craft, built around a pair of heavy lasers, a pair of laser turrets and dual missile racks. The engine is mounted on a dorsal strut, which does make it somewhat vulnerable to attacks, but does allow for quicker repairs. The Liberty is atmospheric capable, able to launch attacks on land and in space, and with ftl drives, it can make lightning strikes against far targets.
Liberty's houses a crew of fourteen under extremely spartan and cramped conditions, the utilitarian philosophy of the designers applying even to the layout of the bridge controls, with the controls being extremely simple and efficient. The bridge second can detach to act as an emergency escape pod, which can make planet.
The second deck holds the crew quarters and a small sickbay, which all surround a common area serving as a rec room and galley. The third deck has the docking area for small shuttles and the main airlock, and the cradles for two launches, a four person launch, and a ten-person launch serving as a troop carrier for the six marine combat team. Engineering is located in the back which also contains the fuel storage and a small processing lab to harvest hydrogen from water and methane.

Liberty Gunship (PL6)
Type: Ultralight
Subtype: Escort
Size: Colossal (-8)
Tactical Speed: 4500
Flat-Footed Defense: 2
Autopilot Defense: 6 (-8 size, +4 autopilot)
Hardness: 20 ballistic, 40 all energy
Hit Dice: 20d20 (400 hp)
Initiative Modifier:
Pilot's Class Bonus:
Pilot's Dex Modifier:
Gunner's Attack Bonus: +3
Length: 175 feet
Weight: 850 tons
Crew: 14 (6 marine)
Passenger Capacity: 0-6 (6 if no marines
Cargo Capacity: 500 lbs
Base PDC: 52
Restriction: Military (+3)

Attack:
2 fire-linked spinal mount heavy lasers -7 ranged (18d8, 8000 ft, ignore 20 points of hardness, 1/2 rounds rate of fire) and  dual fire-linked laser -10 ranged (9d8, 3000 ft), and dual fire-linked laser -10 ranged (9d8, 3000 ft),

Or dual fire-linked laser -5 ranged (9d8, 3000 ft) and dual fire-linked laser -10 ranged (9d8, 3000 ft), and CHE missile -10 ranged (6d12 19-20x2),
Or 2 fire-linked spinal mount heavy lasers -7 ranged, and CHE missile -10 ranged, and CHE missile -10 ranged

Attack of Opportunity: none

Engines: thrusters, ion engine (improved thrust x3)
Armour: Deflective
Defense Systems: Damage control system (1d10), radiation shielding, autopilot system, chaff launcher (10 bundles), stealth screen (sensors -10, 20% miss chance)
Sensors: Class IV sensors, targeting system (+3)
Weapons: 2 fire-linked spinal mount heavy lasers, 2 fire-linked lasers x2, 2 CHE missile launchers (16 missiles total)
Grappling Systems: Grapplers
Heavy load combat (+2 weapon systems)

Trebuchet
The trebuchet is the starship mounted version of the thudder and catapults. With no atmosphere to interfere with the magnetic containment of the force mode, the force mode deals more damage and is more effective, making it an alternate weapon for disabling starships.

Trebuchet (PL6/7)
Damage: 15d8 plasma mode/ 13d6 force mode
Damage Type: Fire / force
Range Increment: 3000 ft / 6500 ft
Notes: In force mode, when a ship is hit, it must make a Fortitude save DC 20 or be knocked back 500 ft and make a Pilot check (DC half damage dealt) to maintain control. Starships, robots, and remote controlled ships must also make a Fortitude save DC 22 or be stunned for 1d4+1 rounds. All targets within 500 ft of the target must also make a Fortitude save DC 15 or be stunned for 1 round as the magnetic bubble bursts, spreading it's energies through the target and in the surrounding area.

Andora Patrol Ship

The ships of the Andora class are produced as light, fast, system defense craft for systems looking for economical defense. The design was originally introduced by Greftsherr Armaments(the military division of Greftsherr Metals) of Alpha-Berlin some 120 years ago, and the design has changed little since. The design is mainly marketed to second- and third-tier worlds and colonies, but over the years a number have appeared in the hands of corporate security forces, pirates, mercenaries, and organized crime. 
The Andoras follow a configuration of a winged cylinder with fore and aft wing assemblies, the forward wings also doubling as sensor and communications antennae arrays, while the rear fins act as radiators for the engines. Main propulsion is provided by a monobloc Thruston-A12 gravitic drive, though later ships have been equipped with Thruston-Bs and Ds, and the Hecklen Jetronimo High-Pressure Gravitic Plasma Drive, with only small variation in overall performance. The Ancdoras display a respectable turn of speed in both atmosphere and space, able to chase down most converted pirate craft, but lagging behind more modern warships and fighters. 
The main armament of the Andoras is ammunition-dependent; a heavy rail-gun and several batteries of missile launchers. Because these ships rarely operate far from base facilities, ammunition dependency is not considered an issue, with local resupply near at hand. The main bite of the Andora is two batteries of long range missiles. The main direct-fire weapon of the Anchora is a RC-1800C projectile cannon, mounted in the nose, where it has an excellent arc of fire in its pivot turret. The nose mounting has proven problematic in some older vessels, however, as the sliding plates meant to protect and streamline the turret during atmospheric re-entry tended to excessive fatigue, and were prone to locking in place or not fully deploying/retracting, requiring them to be jettisoned altogether in order to clear the nose turret for action. Unnecessary damage to the forward armaments, and at least one fatal ship crash from a loss of control during re-entry, were blamed on defective nose panels, and Greftsherr went through three total designs and a costly recall and refit program before the problem was solved. 
For defense, the Andoras rely on a light point defense grid consisting of three light rail guns. Armored protection is modest, backed by a shield, while the original Greftscherr ‘A’ models sported magnetic.
The Andoras are designed to hit hard at range with their weapons; they have no provision for boarding (aside from a slightly larger airlock that allows for a dozen personnel to cycle in and out at a time), nor do they carry any embarked fighters or power armors. This limits their versatility as warships and system cutter craft. If on civil space patrol or if there’s advance warning of a situation requiring boarding, the Andoras can externally carry a shuttle craft. 
Andoras were designed with modular avionics; the main sensor systems are designed to be easily upgraded by swapping out the ‘black boxes’, though the main external arrays themselves, integrated as they are with the fore-and-aft wing surfaces, are more difficult to refit, requiring periodic redesign and replacement of the entire wing unit. Still, a variety of EW- and ECM/ECCM systems are common on Andoras, depending on the operator. Sensor systems are generally considered to be military-standard, with better long range ID capabilities than civilian systems. 
Because they are meant as in-system patrol craft, few Andoras possess FTL drives. This requires them to be carried by other ships when deploying out-system (or being delivered to their area of operations). The savings in drive-cost and energy-usage allow the small ships to be upgraded with regards to their shield protection. Likewise, they lack much in the way of onboard cargo capability and amenities, not being expected to operate far from bases and communities where their crews can find recreation and support; typically, an Andora carries enough consumables for a four-month tour. In prolonged system sieges, with the ships cut off from easy re-supply, this can lead to endurance problems, especially since the ships cannot easily leave an interdicted system to seek refuge elsewhere. 
Andoras are typically deployed in flotilla-squadrons of four or more ships, acting in mutually supporting concert, using the time-tested ‘finger four’ arrangement. A single Andora, while perfectly adequate for dealing with the average pirate, is not much of a match for a dedicated first-line warship. 

Andora Patrol Ship (PL 6-7)
Subtype: System patrol craft
Size: Colossal (-8 size)
Tactical Speed: 3500 feet
Defense: 2 (+8 size)
Autopilot Defense: +6 (-8 size, +4 autopilot)
Hit Dice: 12d20 (240 hp)
Initiative Modifier:
Pilot's Class Bonus:
Pilot's Dex Modifier:
Gunner's Attack Bonus:
Length: 185 ft
Weight: 700 tons
Crew: 15
Passenger Capacity: 0
Cargo Capacity: 20 ton
Base PDC: 50
Restriction: Lic (+1)

Attack:
Rail cannon -5 ranged (6d12) and 2 CHE missiles -10 ranged (6d12/19-20),
Or rail cannon -5 ranged (6d12) and 1 nuclear missile -10 ranged (6d12/19-20),
Or 2 CHE missiles -5 ranged (6d12) and 1 nuclear missile -10 ranged (16d8/19-20)

Attack of Opportunity:
Light point defense system +3 ranged (1d12x6 ballistic)

Standard Mk1 PL(6) Design Spec:
Engines: Thrusters, helium-3 plasma drive
Armour: Alloy plating
Defense Systems: Autopilot system, light point defense system (railguns), magnetic field, radiation shielding
Sensors: Phased Class III sensors, targeting system
Weapons: Rail cannon, 2 CHE missile launchers (32 missiles ea), nuclear missile launcher (16 missiles)

Notes:
Phased Class III Sensor
Similar in principle to phased array sensors on mech, the sensor 'wings' on the Andora contain phased array sensors, allowing for greater range (increase sensor range by 25%), granting a +4 to Computer Use checks to use the sensor features.

Missile Launchers
The CHE missile launchers on the Andora are designed to fire at the same time, so two missiles are launched with each firing. However, both missiles can hit the same target, or the gunner can target two different targets at a -2 additional penalty to attack rolls.

Rail Cannon
The rail cannon is mounted in a semi turret, covering the front half arc, but can not cover the rear half. When not in use, the weapon retracts behind armoured plates, which allows for better maneuverability when entering an atmosphere, and prevents the weapon from being damaged. On Mk1s if the Andora suffers more than 100 points of damage in a single attack, there is a 25% chance the cover plates are damaged and will not retract or open. If open, they are stuck, and causes a -10 penalty to Pilot checks to enter a planetary atmosphere. If closed when damaged and jammed, they will not open until properly repaired, thus making the weapon unavailable for use during combat.

Auxiliary Craft 
External mounting for a shuttle or boarding launch

Variants:
The Andora’s been around long enough that a number of aftermarket variants and conversions have appeared. Most are refits of older vessels, replacing the nose turret or long range missile launchers with other systems, such as laser cannons or additional avionics.

Mk2
The Mk2 Andora has mostly improved avionics, software upgrades. Change targeting system to Improved Targeting System, changing attack bonus to +5, the cover plates of the rail cannon have been redesigned and don't jam as easily, and in the even they are heavily damaged and jammed (must suffer 150 points of damage in a single attack with a 10% chance of jamming), can be ejected, but the Andora will suffer a -5 to Pilot checks to enter an atmosphere. The rail cannon is also modified to allow for semiautomatic and automatic fire modes.

Mk3
The Mk3 sees a redesign in the turret cover plates to reduce the chance of their jamming, and the rail cannon is replaced with a gauss gun with semiautomatic firing (8d12 4000 ft). Magnetic field is replaced with magnetic shields (60 hp in shields against ballistic damage). Light point defense system upgraded to standard point defense system as two more turrets are added, bringing the total to 5 turrets. (1d12x10 ballistic). The hull has also been reinforced, gaining 1 hit die, increasing HP by 20, bringing total to 13d20 (260 hp). Price increases to PDC 51

Mk4
The Mk4 sees some significant changes over previous models. Change sensors to Phased Array Class IV sensors, main weapon is changed to an Extended Range Heavy Laser (8d8 fire, 6000 ft, semi), nuclear missile launcher replaced with plasma missiles (18d8/19-20 fire), CHE missile launcher magazines increased to 40 missiles each. The CHE missile launchers were also redesigned with a multi-launch mode. As a full attack action, the gunner can fire up to 4 missiles from each launcher (total of 8 missiles), which can be divided between up to 8 targets within a 20,000 foot range around the Andora, suffering a -4 to one attack roll for all the missiles. Or can fire all the missiles at a single target, with only a -2 to attack roll for each missile. The hull is further reinforce, gaining an additional hit die (total of 14d20, 280 hp). Engines are improved slightly, gaining a +250 ft, for a total of 3750 ft. Price increase to PDC 52.

Mk4a
The Mk4a is a minor improvement over the Mk4, the point defense system rail guns are replaced with lasers, dealing 1d12x10 fire damage, advances in automation, reducing requirements down to 12 instead of 15.

Mk4b
The Mk4b is a mine sweeper version, stripping out the laser turret of the Mk4, replacing it with a dumbo nose, adding a minesweeper suite. The plasma missile launcher is also removed, replaced by a decoy drone launcher with 8 drones. Crew is reduced from 15 to 11. PDC 53

Thrush
The Thrush is a high speed, high maneuverable light fighter used for patrols, light defense and scouting missions, although lightly armed with only three lasers and light armour. Behind the slightly angular nose and cockpit section, is the circular wings which holds the main fuselage, engines, fuel and other systems. The Thrush is equipped with powerful engines and afterburners to allow for quick interceptions or escapes when on scouting missions and out numbered and out-gunned. With thrusters lining the circular wings, The lasers are designed for select fire, either semi or full autofire.
The Thrush does have limited endurance, but more than some other light fighter, with enough fuel for 12 hours of continuous powered flight, and enough air for 30 hours. This means if the pilot gets up to speed and cuts speed and lets the craft coast for extended periods, a patrol route can be extended. However the pilot would be uncomfortable on such extended flights. The Thrush has no built in FTL drive, relaying on larger ships for transit between systems.

Thrush (PL6-7)
Subtype: Light Fighter
Size: Gargantuan (-4 size)
Tactical Speed: 5000 ft +1000 hydrogen injectors
Defense: 6
Flat-Footed Defense: 6
Autopilot Defense:
Hardness: 12
Hit Dice: 7d20 (140 HP)
Initiative Modifier:
Pilot's Class Bonus:
Pilot's Dex Modifier:
Gunner's Attack Bonus: +2
Length: 38 feet
Weight: 25,000 lbs
Targeting System Bonus: +2
Crew: 1
Passenger Capacity: 0
Grapple Modifier: +8
Base PDC: 41
Restriction: mil (+3)

Attack: triple laser -1 ranged (9d8)

Attack of Opportunity: none

Standard PL(6-7) Design Spec:
Engines: thrusters, particle impulse engine, improved thrust x3, hydrogen injectors
Armour: titanium alloy
Defense Systems: sensor jammer, damage control (1d10)
Sensors: Class III sensors, targeting system
Weapons: triple laser

Improved Maneuverability: Due to the thruster arrangement along the edges of the circular wings, the Thrush gains a +3 bonus to Pilot checks to perform maneuvers and stunts.
Triple Laser: Set up in a two-firelinked with one in a battery, granting +1 to attack (calculated in the attack) and one full doubling number of weapons (2 lasers for +50% damage)

Weapon Capacitors
With many starship weapons having a slow rate of fire, especially on civilian ships, and many higher rate versions being restricted or illegal outside of the military, some military manufacturers worked on a way around this. One such way is a set of special capacitors that are placed into the weapon system, and for a limited period of time, can improve the rate of fire of the weapon. An interesting side effect of these capacitors is if the equipped starship is hit with an energy draining weapon, or a possible overload in the weapon systems, the capacitors act as a type of circuit breaker, or surge protector, shorting out and rendering them useless and needing replacement, but the weapons will still work. In the event of a sudden complete power loss, the capacitors hold enough power for two shots.
Require: Energy or non-missile projectile weapon that requires a power source, such as gauss or rail guns.
Benefit: When added to an energy weapon, or a projectile weapon that requires power to operate, such as a gauss or rail gun, the capacitors can be activated, as a free action, to increase the rate of fire one step (from single to semi, or semi to auto, but no effect on weapons already with autofire), for 5 rounds before requiring 5 rounds to recharge. Also, if the weapon would become disabled from such weapons as an EMP or mag pulse missiles or energy dampening weapons, the capacitor shorts out, but saves the weapon, enabling it work, after a Computer Use check DC 15 to cut the capacitors from the weapon system. The capacitors will have to be replaced after this. In the event of a sudden and complete power loss to the equipped weapon, the capacitors, while charged have enough power for two shots.
PDC: 17
Notes: Only one capacitor can be added to a weapon. Does not count against the number of weapons a ship can carry, more like a gadget or add-on to existing weapons.
Takes up 50 lbs of cargo space weight per capacitor. Fire-linked and batteries require one capacitor per weapon in the fire-link and battery. 

Harmonic Lasers
With the creation of laser resistant materials for starships, some wanted ways to advance laser technology to bypass these armours as lasers are generally the simplest and most understood, allowing for quick repairs, if necessary. Although x-ray lasers are one method, some shy away from these weapons as they require heavy shielding and have slow firing rates. A unique method was the incorporation of sound waves. As light seems to act as both particles and waves, this created interesting effects, once a method of combining lasers and sonic weapons was achieved. These weapons can be quite devastating when they strike critical areas, but are only slightly more powerful than standard lasers of similar size. They aren't quite as effective in defeating laser resistant armours and shielding, but these defenses are less effective.

Name: Harmonic Laser (PL7)
Weapon Damage: 7d8
Critical: 19-20, x3
Damage Type: half fire (laser) and half sonic
Range Increment: 3500 ft
Minimum Ship Size: Huge
Purchase DC: 33
Note: Defense systems that provide resistance to laser (deflection or damage reduction) is only one-quarter effective (round down). For example, if armour provides damage reduction 40 against lasers, against harmonic lasers it only provides damage reduction 10.

Nuclear Missiles (PL6)
Although the standard nuclear missile has a 1 megaton warhead, sometimes you just need a bigger missile. Several sizes of warheads were made available, and with the larger warheads, comes the increase of high doses of radiation.

Warhead Size

Damage

Critical

Damage Type

Range Incr.

Radius

Rate of Fire

Min Ship Size

PDC

Restriction

Radiation

Magazine

2 Megaton

24d8

19-20

Energy

-

250 ft

Single

Garg

Mil (+3)

Mild

4 Megaton

32d8

19-20

Energy

-

500 ft

Single

Garg

Mil (+3)

Low

8 Megaton

32d8

19-20

Energy

-

1000 ft

Single

Garg

Mil (+3)

Moderate

16 Megaton

40d8

19-20

Energy

-

2000 ft

Single

Garg

Mil (+3)

High

32 Megaton

48d8

19-20

Energy

-

2500 ft

Single

Garg

Mil (+3)

Severe

2 and 4 megaton nuclear warheads are used for heavy assaults on light capital ships. The 8 megaton to 32 are used for against heavy capital ships, stations and planetary targets, with larger blast areas for affecting any nearby escorts.  Of course the levels of radiation increases. The use of warheads above 8 megatons is usually highly restricted due to the high levels of radiation, and are illegal against planetary targets as the radiation would take decades to dissipate enough to be safe for any life.

Monotanium (PL6 Ship Armour)
Monotanium was originally an experiment in creating new stealth armour that was stronger than current stealth armours. Unfortunately, the armour didn't meet expectations. It does provide decent protection against attacks, comparable to alloy plating or polymeric in protective value, slightly lighter than alloy plating. In terms of stealth, it is lacking. While it doesn't really hide the ship from sensors, it does scramble the sensor readings, making it difficult to get accurate readings except when in close proximity, but does also scramble targeting systems, making them less effective.
Benefit: Enemy scans suffer a -5 to penalties to scan interior, lifesigns, weapons, etc on Computer Use checks. Even with a successful check, readings are distorted, requiring an Intelligence check DC 13 to notice the distortions as sensors being partly blocked. Bonuses from targeting systems are halved.
Tactical Speed Penalty: -250 ft (counts as -1 square)
Weight: Three-thirtieth the weight of the ship (round down)
PDC: 16 + one-half the base purchase DC of the starship.
Restriction: Restricted to Military (+2 to +3) depending on restrictions on passive stealth systems.
the compiled doc of postings is at 64 pages right now
Oh don't worry.. I've got a lot of other stuff I've started but haven't finished yet still to be posted.
Plasma Accelerator
Plasma accelerators combine the principles of gauss and plasma weapons, creating a long ranged plasma weapon. Although damage isn't improved, the magnetic accelerators that launch the plasma bolt enhances the magnetic containment fields to keep the damage potential over the greater distances.
Plasma Accelerator (PL7-8)
Damage: 14d8
Critical: 20
Damage Type: Fire
Range Increment: 5000 ft
Minimum Ship Size: Gargantuan

Light Plasma Accelerator
This is the light version of the plasma accelerator. Although weaker in damage, it has the best range of all the plasma accelerators.
Light Plasma Accelerator (PL7-8)
Damage: 10d8
Range Increment: 10,000 ft
Minimum Ship Size: Huge
Purchase DC: 35

Heavy Plasma Accelerator
This is the heavy plasma accelerator, a long range heavy plasma cannon.
Plasma Accelerator (PL7-8)
Damage: 18d8
Range Increment: 6000 ft
Purchase DC: 41

Jumper (PL6-7)
The Jumper is a small personal craft meant for making short interplanetary trips within a system for families or business. It's small enough to be stored in most civilian driveways or business parking lots, and with its hover systems to be used within city limits. For longer trips it has standard atmospheric jets which have enough power to escape the planet's atmosphere, then it switches to its space drive. Not very quick, but fairly comfortable for trips to orbiting celestial bodies or stations, or even to nearby planets within the same system.
The onboard systems include life support and radiation shielding to keep the occupants safe during their space flights, as well as a sophisticated autopilot system and navigation system for plotting the best route, being either good fuel economy or for speed. Anti-collision and high end sensors help keep the occupants safe, no matter the environment. The comfy interior seats 5, or up to 7 in cramped conditions, but this also reduces the endurance of the life support systems for interplanetary trips.
The jumper is laid out similar to a large passenger car, with two seats up front and three in the back with a bit of space to move about or seat a couple of extra people in emergencies. There is a single door on the rear between the main engines. The back part can be sealed from the front two seats to allow the back part to function as an airlock.
Jumpers come with enough fuel for traveling 1 AU (the distance between Earth and the sun Sol, approximately 92,955,807.3 miles, more than enough to usually get to the next closest planet). On board supplies include 3 survival suits modified to be environmentally and space sealed, able to keep a person alive in vacuum of space for up to 2 days, 4 days worth of water and rations, 2 first aid kits, 10 doeses of neutrad, mechanical tool kit and several spare parts for making quick repairs, 3 flares, 1 fire extinguisher, GPS and solar system equivalent GPS system with emergency beacon. A mass transceiver allows for virtually instantaneous communications within the solar system.

Jumper (PL)
Subtype: Shuttle
Size: Huge (-2)
Tactical Speed: 1500 ft space, city limits 225 (20), outside of cities 500 (50)
Defense: 8
Flat-Footed Defense:
Autopilot Defense: 11
Hardness: 12
Hit Dice: 2d20 (40 hp)
Initiative Modifier:
Pilot's Class Bonus:
Pilot's Dex Modifier:
Gunner's Attack Bonus:
Length: 31 ft
Weight: 9000 lb
Targeting System Bonus:
Crew: 1 or autopilot
Passenger Capacity: 4 to 6
Grapple Modifier:
Base PDC: 40
Restriction:

Attack:
None

Attack of Opportunity:
None

Standard PL(6-7) Design Spec: +5 saves to radiation, +4 Defense against ram attacks, fire damage from atmospheric entry is halved, +4 Pilot, +4 Navigate, reduced engines, rugged
Engines: Thrusters
Armour: Titanium Alloy
Defense Systems: Radiation Shielding, Improved Autopilot System, Ablative Heat Shielding
Sensors: Civilian Class IV, Navigational Computer, Collision Detection Sensors
Communications: Mass Transceiver
Weapons: None
Grappling Systems:

Civilian Class IV Sensor System
This modified version of the Class IV sensors is similar to standard Class IV sensors, but lacks the ability to identify armour and weapons on scanned targets, can analyze and charge the topography of a 1500 square-mile area instead of only 1000 square-miles, voice activated and has a very simple interface.
PDC: 30

Navigational Computer
This computer system, tied into the sensors and autopilot, allows the pilot, or the autopilot to plot the safest route. This system grants a +4 bonus to Navigate checks for the pilot. The Autopilot system has a total of +8 to Navigate and Pilot checks.

Reduced Engines
The speed of the Jumper is much lower than that of other ships, this makes trips between planets longer, but saves on fuel.

Rugged
The Jumper is built fairly tough, with easy of maintenance. Repair checks to fix or jury-rig the jumper are reduced by -5, and repair times reduced by 25%.

Quick request-slash-question:

Anybody here thought about statting up the ships from "FTL: Faster Than Light"?  At least the Kestrel would be cool to see, I think.
Quick request-slash-question:

Anybody here thought about statting up the ships from "FTL: Faster Than Light"?  At least the Kestrel would be cool to see, I think.

That a book, game, movie??
ftl.wikia.com/wiki/FTL:_Faster_Than_Ligh...

It's a "Rogue-Like" videogame which came out rather recently. It's actually got a pretty big mods community (www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=11).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c_QY0dnI-M

Hmm... seems kind of interesting. Been awhile since I've played any kind of game like that.
It's a game where you can get killed repeatedly and brutally... but it has its rewards, because (or despite) its hardness.
It's a game where you can get killed repeatedly and brutally... but it has its rewards, because (or despite) its hardness.

When I get back home and have some time, I might try statting up a few of the ships.
I have been working out a few things, mainly houserules and some tech, for Forced Boarding Operations between PC/NPC crewmembers and their target or vice versa of Enemy NPC attempting to board their starships or the station where they are located at...  I like my Hull Cutter Mk I which basically cuts a humanoid sized hole, utilizing plasma, into the hull while causing explosive decompression to those within.

The Mk IIa & IIb incorporate the use of a Hatch on the IIa and a permeable shield with the IIb 

I got a few nifty pieces of homebrew tech could apply here including the Ship Cutter which is deployed via smaller fighter craft that as they fly closely by a target ships hull it extends outwards from its mounts and rips/cuts into the hull  
I have been working out a few things, mainly houserules and some tech, for Forced Boarding Operations between PC/NPC crewmembers and their target or vice versa of Enemy NPC attempting to board their starships or the station where they are located at...  I like my Hull Cutter Mk I which basically cuts a humanoid sized hole, utilizing plasma, into the hull while causing explosive decompression to those within.

The Mk IIa & IIb incorporate the use of a Hatch on the IIa and a permeable shield with the IIb 

I got a few nifty pieces of homebrew tech could apply here including the Ship Cutter which is deployed via smaller fighter craft that as they fly closely by a target ships hull it extends outwards from its mounts and rips/cuts into the hull  

Sounds interesting
The ship cutter.. that like a large blade? (Maybe physical or energy), but if so, then once that makes contact with a ship, it would make piloting the ship a little difficult, so maybe impose a penalty to Pilot Checks, or force a Pilot check while using it? Hit at wrong angle and you cause your ship to turn right into the target crashing, or could cause your ship to bounce away. Still does damage to the target, but you could also suffer damage or bounce away off course.

Also sorry for not getting back with stats from the FTL game. When I got home monday, I discovered my apartment flooded. 

Sounds interesting
The ship cutter.. that like a large blade? (Maybe physical or energy), but if so, then once that makes contact with a ship, it would make piloting the ship a little difficult, so maybe impose a penalty to Pilot Checks, or force a Pilot check while using it? Hit at wrong angle and you cause your ship to turn right into the target crashing, or could cause your ship to bounce away. Still does damage to the target, but you could also suffer damage or bounce away off course.

Also sorry for not getting back with stats from the FTL game. When I got home monday, I discovered my apartment flooded. 

Yes the Ship Cuttter could at first be a metal alloy mix with either a Monofilament Edge, the Progressive Knife from Evangelion, and then later version being the energy kind like plasma or laser... the energy kind would be best as the risk of it snagging in the cut hull would be lessened.

Heck it could it could even be a comically, yet still lethal, oversized chainsword-esque blade ala Warhammer 40k...  oh and then you could even have missiles with speciality warheads that instead of going boom merely cut through the hull venting the atmosphere within whilst keeping the ship relatively intact

More Shield options.

Light Shields
These shields are lighter than advanced shields (which combine shield and field technology, but are a bit weaker than both combined) and standard shields, providing less protection. This type of shielding is usually put on civilian craft or inexpensive light combat craft. These shields only add 10 hp per HD of the ship  equal to one-fourth the starship's overall Hit Dice (rounded down, minimum of 1).
PDC: Shield type -2.
Note: Can be combined with Advanced Shield versions.

Heavy Shields
These shields are stronger than standard shields, providing greater protection. These shields provide 30 hp per HD of the ship equal to one-fourth the starship's overall Hit Dice (rounded down, minimum 1).
PDC: Shield type +2
Restriction: Res +2
Note: Can be combined with Advanced Shield versions.

Superheavy Shields
These are the strongest shields available to militaries, usually used on capital ships and important stations. These shields provide 40 hp per HD of the ship equal to one-fourth the starship's overall Hit Dice (rounded down, minimum 1).
PDC: Shield type +4
Restriction: Mil +4
Note: Can be combined with Advanced shield versions.

marcoasalazarm, hope this does the Kestrel justice. Sorry took so long. My apartment flooded a couple of weeks ago and been dealing with that. Luckily nothing of mine important was damaged. Just of alot of papers (some rpg related, most not) and my clothing got soaked.

Kestrel Cruiser

This ship was originally a small military patrol and scout ship, but decommissioned for new, better designs. The Kestrel Cruiser, not really a cruiser, functions well as a starter ship for many adventurers or long range scouts and exploratory teams. The hull is narrow for the cockpit, then widens for the main fuselage which houses the main systems, modest medbay, cargo bay, quarters, room for two drones, and other equipment added later. Two engine pods, one on each side, allows for easy repairs and replacement. The Kestrel comes standard with a single laser and one missile launcher, but there is room for an additional two weapons. It comes with light shielding for added protection and modest armour. The overall design is quite modest, takes well to modification and easy to repair and operate. A single person can run a Kestrel, but two is advisable, especially on long assignments. The ship is capable of making planetary landings and can reach orbit under its own power, although not particularly quickly.
The internal configuration of the Kestrel can be easily altered, allowing it to go from a small passenger transport to a cargo runner. In standard configuration, the Kestrel has four double bunk crew rooms, a small lounge, several storage lockers and a decently sized cargo bay and a small part sectioned off for a small ground vehicle or two, about the size of a motorcycle or ATV, a sectioned off engine room, medbay, other systems controls behind the cockpit.
In any configuration, there is enough fuel for two intersystem trips and supplies for a month for 4 people.

Kestrel Cruiser (PL6+)
Subtype: Courier
Tactical Speed: 3500 ft.
Flat-Footed Defense:
Autopilot Defense: 8
Hit Dice: 8d20 (160 hp)
Initiative Modifier:
Pilot's Class Bonus:
Pilot's Dex Modifier:
Gunner's Attack Bonus:
Length: 47 feet
Weight: 79,000
Crew: 1-6
Passenger Capacity: 1-8
Cargo Capacity: Up to 12,000 lb
Grapple Modifier: +12
Base PDC: 58

Attack:
1 laser -2 ranged (6d8) and 1 CHE missile -7 ranged (6d12/19-20)
or 1 CHE missile -2 ranged (6d12/19-20)

Attack of Opportunity:
None

Standard PL(6) Design Spec: Heavyload combat, 20 Hit points in shields, rugged, customizable, +1 Treat Injuries (Medbay)
Engines: Thrusters, ion engine
Defense Systems: Autopilot, light magnetic shielding,
Sensors: Class II, targeting system
Weapons: laser, CHE Missile (8 missiles)
Grappling Systems:

Rugged
The Kestrel Cruiser is built fairly tough, with easy of maintenance. Repair checks to fix or jury-rig the kestrel are reduced by -5, and repair times reduced by 25%.

Customizable
The Kestrel Cruiser is made using modular technology in many areas, and the design is very tolerate to modifications. This allows the internal configuration to be easily altered, new systems added with little work and a bit more than normal amount of systems can be installed than normal.
When adding in new systems, or changing an existing system for another one, reduce Craft check by 5 (this includes armour), and reduce installation time by 25% (rounding up to nearest hour).

marcoasalazarm, hope this does the Kestrel justice. Sorry took so long. My apartment flooded a couple of weeks ago and been dealing with that. Luckily nothing of mine important was damaged. Just of alot of papers (some rpg related, most not) and my clothing got soaked.

Kestrel Cruiser

This ship was originally a small military patrol and scout ship, but decommissioned for new, better designs. The Kestrel Cruiser, not really a cruiser, functions well as a starter ship for many adventurers or long range scouts and exploratory teams. The hull is narrow for the cockpit, then widens for the main fuselage which houses the main systems, modest medbay, cargo bay, quarters, room for two drones, and other equipment added later. Two engine pods, one on each side, allows for easy repairs and replacement. The Kestrel comes standard with a single laser and one missile launcher, but there is room for an additional two weapons. It comes with light shielding for added protection and modest armour. The overall design is quite modest, takes well to modification and easy to repair and operate. A single person can run a Kestrel, but two is advisable, especially on long assignments. The ship is capable of making planetary landings and can reach orbit under its own power, although not particularly quickly.
The internal configuration of the Kestrel can be easily altered, allowing it to go from a small passenger transport to a cargo runner. In standard configuration, the Kestrel has four double bunk crew rooms, a small lounge, several storage lockers and a decently sized cargo bay and a small part sectioned off for a small ground vehicle or two, about the size of a motorcycle or ATV, a sectioned off engine room, medbay, other systems controls behind the cockpit.
In any configuration, there is enough fuel for two intersystem trips and supplies for a month for 4 people.

Kestrel Cruiser (PL6+)
Subtype: Courier
Tactical Speed: 3500 ft.
Flat-Footed Defense:
Autopilot Defense: 8
Hit Dice: 8d20 (160 hp)
Initiative Modifier:
Pilot's Class Bonus:
Pilot's Dex Modifier:
Gunner's Attack Bonus:
Length: 47 feet
Weight: 79,000
Crew: 1-6
Passenger Capacity: 1-8
Cargo Capacity: Up to 12,000 lb
Grapple Modifier: +12
Base PDC: 58

Attack:
1 laser -2 ranged (6d8) and 1 CHE missile -7 ranged (6d12/19-20)
or 1 CHE missile -2 ranged (6d12/19-20)

Attack of Opportunity:
None

Standard PL(6) Design Spec: Heavyload combat, 20 Hit points in shields, rugged, customizable, +1 Treat Injuries (Medbay)
Engines: Thrusters, ion engine
Defense Systems: Autopilot, light magnetic shielding,
Sensors: Class II, targeting system
Weapons: laser, CHE Missile (8 missiles)
Grappling Systems:

Rugged
The Kestrel Cruiser is built fairly tough, with easy of maintenance. Repair checks to fix or jury-rig the kestrel are reduced by -5, and repair times reduced by 25%.

Customizable
The Kestrel Cruiser is made using modular technology in many areas, and the design is very tolerate to modifications. This allows the internal configuration to be easily altered, new systems added with little work and a bit more than normal amount of systems can be installed than normal.
When adding in new systems, or changing an existing system for another one, reduce Craft check by 5 (this includes armour), and reduce installation time by 25% (rounding up to nearest hour).

Sorry to hear about your apartment, man, and it's good to know that there was little damage.

This version of the Kestrel is awesome, man. Just plain awesome.  

Kestrel Cruiser

Sorry to hear about your apartment, man, and it's good to know that there was little damage.

This version of the Kestrel is awesome, man. Just plain awesome.  

I couldn't find info on just how many systems it could hold, or cargo.. so I guestimated and based it on the courier in d20 Future, added a few little things and away I went with it. 
I lucked out for my apartment as my neighbours and others on my street were flooded far worse. Only book damaged, but still readable is a Rifts rpg book, signed by authors and couple of the artists. 
Ouch-hope it's fixable.

As for the Kestrel... well, the game doesn't goes into detail about such things (presumably all of the cargo it would carry within the game are the crew, enough supplies and fuel to last them the mission, and some ammo for the missile launcher plus some spare parts).

It's pretty cool. 
The Kestrel looks good to me as what a government would build and deploy by taking the standard civilian transport and arming it

Logically and personally I always felt that the cargo space on starships and spaceships was and is seperate from the the weapon magazines for the ships defense and offense...  sure energy weapons would utiliize the starships engine or power core and have capacitors or some such that would allow for near continous fire... now missiles and their brethern including shells for the Kinetic Energy Weapons i.e. cannons and rail guns would have a magazine that hold x-rounds for each weapon systems and x-missiles for those systems... don't start me on the logic of VLS vs. HLS missile tubes.

Also you could have as the captain load your cargo space full of extra munitions which later on replenish the depleted stores from each magazine
That's the way I see it as well. Some larger ships, like cruisers and such, should have dedicated cargo areas dedicated to extra munitions, which are close to the actual magazines to reload them during particularly long missions, might take a while to reload the magazines from these cargo areas, but it can be done with facilities on board.
The magazines/racks are what's available to use NOW, which should be what the brass thinks is what's only needed per mission, sort of thing.

As for the Kestrel, it comes standard with built in space for two extra weapons, plus magazine space. So if you slap in an extra laser cannon, some of that space is the mountings, cooling systems, capacitors, batteries, targeting systems, etc. If it was a missile launcher or kinetic weapon, similar idea but instead of batteries and capacitors, ammo feeding mechanisms and storage of ammo.

This does not affect it's cargo capacity unless you want expanded magazines. In my mind, the crew of a kestrel, if you've got more than just 1 or 2 crew memebers, could in theory manually reload the missile launcher from inside, but would take awhile, as missiles aren't light, and have to load each missile individually, so a single missile could take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes to reload. Not something you want to do in battle. 
True and current military fleets have supply vessels or tenders that they meet up with to resupply food, fuel, ammo, and other essentials like the mail before the internet... or as the sci-fi novels I have read the starship battle fleet or tactical assualt response battle group have either onboard each individual ship or a dedicated sister vessels with the necessary machine shops and munitions rearmament facilities built inside and the cargo hold has x-amount of the needed materials for each.

Hey look.. I'm posting again after the forum remodel. I'm hoping they fix the table problem or else I'll have to start posting stuff off side and just using links so things look organized at least. Here's a rocket for fighters.

Dart DF
The Dart Dumb Fire missile is actually a rocket, a point and shoot  weapon, foregoing guidance systems for a larger warhead. Slightly smaller than CHE missiles, but with the lack of guidance systems, deals a little more damage, but are not very accurate, more idea for large slow moving or stationary targets. These properties make it ideal for lighter fighters to have a little more punch against capital ships.
Darts can be mounted on external rails for use on light fighters, or in standard launchers that can hold 9 missiles.

Dart DF (PL 5/6
Damage: 8d8
Critical: 20 x2
Damage Type: fire
Range Increment: 3000 ft
Rate of Fire: Semi
Size: Huge
Weight: 45 lb
Ammo: Racks of 1, 3, 4, or 9
Purchase DC: 24
Notes: As a dumb missile, the Dart has limited range, does not ignore range penalties like guided missiles. Dart launchers and rails are designed for more rapid fire than standard missiles. Suffers a -1 to attack rolls to strike targets smaller than Gargantuan size. Darts are capable of atmospheric and space use. If used on ground targets has a 50 foot radius, Reflex save DC 17 for half.

Torpedo

Torpedoes are heavy missiles designed for anti-capital ship purposes, dealing incredible damage, but are slow and not maneuverable, making them easier targets for anti-missile systems. Torpedoes, especially earlier ones, require some time and the launching ship to keep steady to lock on target, making the firing ship vulnerable to attacks. Some torpedoes are equipped with shield penetrating technologies, or even defensive equipment for preventing their premature detonation. Torpedoes are large, requiring heavy fighters or dedicated bombers with special racks, rails or launchers, with limited payloads. Torpedoes can be considered mobile mines, dealing damage on a similar level, and at higher levels of technology, can be equipped with some of the same defensive systems.

Torpedo Mk1
The first series of torpedoes were large, slow, took a long time to acquire a target lock, but had decent armour penetration and high damage. These torpedoes took between 5 and 10 seconds to lock on target, and once launched, weren't very quick, allowing anti-missile systems a chance to destroy them, or for enemy fighters to intercept and destroy them. This required the launching ship to fire the torpedoes at point blank range, putting the ship in range of many ship anti-fighter weapons.

Torpedo Mk1 (PL6)
Damage: 2d100
Critical: 20 x3
Range Increment: -
Rate of Fire: 2 rounds
Purchase DC: 41 for 4 torpedoes.
Restriction: Mil (+4)
Note: Point defense systems gain a +20% chance to hit torpedo. Requires two rounds to fire, one round to aim, requiring the firing ship to keep steady, either sitting still, or flying straight at the target, making no pilot checks except when hit by weapons fire (Pilot check DC 20) to remain steady, making an attack roll in the first round. The next round the pilot makes another attack roll with a +2 bonus to confirm target lock to launch the torpedo. If the first attack roll fails, the lock isn't established, or if the firing ship is attacked and the pilot fails the Pilot check, the lock is lost and must start again with another full round aiming then firing on the second around.
Enemy fighters can attack launched torpedoes, Def 11, 20 HP, hardness 10. On ships of Gargantuan size and colossal of ultralight class have ranks or launchers with a payload of 1 or 2 max, light have payload of 3 to 4, mediumweight and above hold 4 to 6 due to the size of the torpedoes. Torpedo launchers/rails/racks have a PDC of 22 instead of normal 20.

Torpedo Mk2
The Mk2 torpedo has improved targeting system, although still slow compared to missiles, still faster than the older Mk1s. Also boasting improved armour for surviving attacks from enemy fighters.

Torpedo Mk2 (PL6)
Rate of Fire: 1 full round
Purchase DC: 42 for 4 torpedoes.
Note: Point defense systems gain a +10% chance to hit torpedo. Requires two rounds to fire, one round to aim, requiring the firing ship to keep steady, either sitting still, or flying straight at the target, making no pilot checks except when hit by weapons fire (Pilot check DC 17) to remain steady, making an attack roll in the first round. The next round the pilot makes another attack roll with a +2 bonus to confirm target lock to launch the torpedo. If the first attack roll fails, the lock isn't established, or if the firing ship is attacked and the pilot fails the Pilot check, the lock is lost and must start again with another full round aiming then firing on the second around.
Enemy fighters can attack launched torpedoes, Def 11, 25 HP, hardness 11. On ships of Gargantuan size and colossal of ultralight class have ranks or launchers with a payload of 1 or 2 max, light have payload of 3 to 4, mediumweight and above hold 4 to 6 due to the size of the torpedoes. Torpedo launchers/rails/racks have a PDC of 22 instead of normal 20.

Torpedo Mk4 (PL6)
The Mk4 torpedo is a heavy torpedo, with a larger warhead, and physically larger than the Mk2. The mk3 was abandoned as it performed poorly due to design flaws. The Mk4, although larger, flight-wise performs like the Mk2 due to larger engines afforded by the larger frame.

Torpedo Mk4 (late PL6)
Damage: 4d100
Purchase DC: 45 for 4 torpedoes.
Note: Point defense systems gain a +10% chance to hit torpedo. Requires two rounds to fire, one round to aim, requiring the firing ship to keep steady, either sitting still, or flying straight at the target, making no pilot checks except when hit by weapons fire (Pilot check DC 17) to remain steady, making an attack roll in the first round. The next round the pilot makes another attack roll with a +2 bonus to confirm target lock to launch the torpedo. If the first attack roll fails, the lock isn't established, or if the firing ship is attacked and the pilot fails the Pilot check, the lock is lost and must start again with another full round aiming then firing on the second around.
Enemy fighters can attack launched torpedoes, Def 11, 30 HP, hardness 13. On ships of Gargantuan size and colossal of ultralight class have ranks or launchers with a payload of 1, light have payload of 3, mediumweight and above hold 4 due to the size of the torpedoes. Torpedo launchers/rails/racks have a PDC of 23 instead of normal 20.

Valiant Light Torpedo (PL7)
The valiant is a light torpedo, sacrificing damage potential for improved avionics, targeting and engines.

Valliant Light Torpedo (PL7)
Note: Requires one full round to fire, requiring the firing ship to keep steady, either sitting still, or flying straight at the target, making no pilot checks except when hit by weapons fire (Pilot check DC 17) to remain steady, releasing the torpedo at the end of the round. If the attack roll fails, the lock isn't established, or if the firing ship is attacked and the pilot fails the Pilot check, the lock is lost and must start again.
Enemy fighters can attack launched torpedoes, Def 12, 20 HP, hardness 10. On ships of Gargantuan size and colossal of ultralight class have ranks or launchers with a payload of 2 max, light have payload of 4 to 5, mediumweight and above hold 5 to 7 due to the size of the torpedoes. Torpedo launchers/rails/racks have a PDC of 22 instead of normal 20.

Lance Torpedo (PL7)
The Lance is the main anti-ship torpedo in use, replacing the older Mk4. Physically only slightly smaller than the older Mk4, it carries a larger warhead, light armour plating and better targeting systems.

Lance Torpedo (PL7)
Damage: 6d100
Purchase DC: 44 for 4 torpedoes.
Note: Requires one full round to fire, requiring the firing ship to keep steady, either sitting still, or flying straight at the target, making no pilot checks except when hit by weapons fire (Pilot check DC 17) to remain steady, releasing the torpedo at the end of the round. If the attack roll fails, the lock isn't established, or if the firing ship is attacked and the pilot fails the Pilot check, the lock is lost and must start again.
Enemy fighters can attack launched torpedoes, Def 13, 35 HP, hardness 12. On ships of Gargantuan size and colossal of ultralight class have ranks or launchers with a payload of 2 max, light have payload of 4 to 5, mediumweight and above hold 5 to 7 due to the size of the torpedoes. Torpedo launchers/rails/racks have a PDC of 22 instead of normal 20.

Firestorm Heavy Torpedo
The heaviest torpedo produced to date, the firestorm is a heavy anti-capital ship and generally too large for fighters, making only the largest bombers the smallest craft capable of mounting usually only one. Firestorms are usually mounted on destroyer or heavier ships to take full advantage of more advanced sensors and the larger frames allows for greater stability.

Firestorm Heavy Torpedo (PL7)
Damage: 8d100
Critical: 20 x4
Purchase DC: 46 for 4 torpedoes.
Enemy fighters can attack launched torpedoes, Def 13, 40 HP, hardness 20. On ships of colossal size of ultralight class have ranks or launchers with a payload of 1 max, light have payload of 2 to 3, mediumweight and above hold 4 to 6 due to the size of the torpedoes. Torpedo launchers/rails/racks have a PDC of 23 instead of normal 20.

kronos182 wrote:

Torpedo

Torpedoes are heavy missiles designed for anti-capital ship purposes, dealing incredible damage, but are slow and not maneuverable, making them easier targets for anti-missile systems. Torpedoes, especially earlier ones, require some time and the launching ship to keep steady to lock on target, making the firing ship vulnerable to attacks. Some torpedoes are equipped with shield penetrating technologies, or even defensive equipment for preventing their premature detonation. Torpedoes are large, requiring heavy fighters or dedicated bombers with special racks, rails or launchers, with limited payloads. Torpedoes can be considered mobile mines, dealing damage on a similar level, and at higher levels of technology, can be equipped with some of the same defensive systems.

Torpedo Mk1
The first series of torpedoes were large, slow, took a long time to acquire a target lock, but had decent armour penetration and high damage. These torpedoes took between 5 and 10 seconds to lock on target, and once launched, weren't very quick, allowing anti-missile systems a chance to destroy them, or for enemy fighters to intercept and destroy them. This required the launching ship to fire the torpedoes at point blank range, putting the ship in range of many ship anti-fighter weapons.

Torpedo Mk1 (PL6)
Rate of Fire: 2 rounds
Purchase DC: 41 for 4 torpedoes.
Note: Point defense systems gain a +20% chance to hit torpedo. Requires two rounds to fire, one round to aim, requiring the firing ship to keep steady, either sitting still, or flying straight at the target, making no pilot checks except when hit by weapons fire (Pilot check DC 20) to remain steady, making an attack roll in the first round. The next round the pilot makes another attack roll with a +2 bonus to confirm target lock to launch the torpedo. If the first attack roll fails, the lock isn't established, or if the firing ship is attacked and the pilot fails the Pilot check, the lock is lost and must start again with another full round aiming then firing on the second around.
Enemy fighters can attack launched torpedoes, Def 11, 20 HP, hardness 10. On ships of Gargantuan size and colossal of ultralight class have ranks or launchers with a payload of 1 or 2 max, light have payload of 3 to 4, mediumweight and above hold 4 to 6 due to the size of the torpedoes. Torpedo launchers/rails/racks have a PDC of 22 instead of normal 20.

Torpedo Mk2
The Mk2 torpedo has improved targeting system, although still slow compared to missiles, still faster than the older Mk1s. Also boasting improved armour for surviving attacks from enemy fighters.

Torpedo Mk2 (PL6)
Enemy fighters can attack launched torpedoes, Def 11, 25 HP, hardness 11. On ships of Gargantuan size and colossal of ultralight class have ranks or launchers with a payload of 1 or 2 max, light have payload of 3 to 4, mediumweight and above hold 4 to 6 due to the size of the torpedoes. Torpedo launchers/rails/racks have a PDC of 22 instead of normal 20.

Torpedo Mk4 (PL6)
The Mk4 torpedo is a heavy torpedo, with a larger warhead, and physically larger than the Mk2. The mk3 was abandoned as it performed poorly due to design flaws. The Mk4, although larger, flight-wise performs like the Mk2 due to larger engines afforded by the larger frame.

Torpedo Mk4 (late PL6)
Damage: 4d100
Purchase DC: 45 for 4 torpedoes.
Enemy fighters can attack launched torpedoes, Def 11, 30 HP, hardness 13. On ships of Gargantuan size and colossal of ultralight class have ranks or launchers with a payload of 1, light have payload of 3, mediumweight and above hold 4 due to the size of the torpedoes. Torpedo launchers/rails/racks have a PDC of 23 instead of normal 20.

Valiant Light Torpedo (PL7)
The valiant is a light torpedo, sacrificing damage potential for improved avionics, targeting and engines.

Valliant Light Torpedo (PL7)
Enemy fighters can attack launched torpedoes, Def 12, 20 HP, hardness 10. On ships of Gargantuan size and colossal of ultralight class have ranks or launchers with a payload of 2 max, light have payload of 4 to 5, mediumweight and above hold 5 to 7 due to the size of the torpedoes. Torpedo launchers/rails/racks have a PDC of 22 instead of normal 20.

Lance Torpedo (PL7)
The Lance is the main anti-ship torpedo in use, replacing the older Mk4. Physically only slightly smaller than the older Mk4, it carries a larger warhead, light armour plating and better targeting systems.

Lance Torpedo (PL7)
Damage: 6d100
Purchase DC: 44 for 4 torpedoes.
Enemy fighters can attack launched torpedoes, Def 13, 35 HP, hardness 12. On ships of Gargantuan size and colossal of ultralight class have ranks or launchers with a payload of 2 max, light have payload of 4 to 5, mediumweight and above hold 5 to 7 due to the size of the torpedoes. Torpedo launchers/rails/racks have a PDC of 22 instead of normal 20.

Firestorm Heavy Torpedo
The heaviest torpedo produced to date, the firestorm is a heavy anti-capital ship and generally too large for fighters, making only the largest bombers the smallest craft capable of mounting usually only one. Firestorms are usually mounted on destroyer or heavier ships to take full advantage of more advanced sensors and the larger frames allows for greater stability.

Firestorm Heavy Torpedo (PL7)
Damage: 8d100
Critical: 20 x4
Purchase DC: 46 for 4 torpedoes.
Enemy fighters can attack launched torpedoes, Def 13, 40 HP, hardness 20. On ships of colossal size of ultralight class have ranks or launchers with a payload of 1 max, light have payload of 2 to 3, medium weight and above hold 4 to 6 due to the size of the torpedoes. Torpedo launchers/rails/racks have a PDC of 23 instead of normal 20.

What about Nuclear tipped torpedoes.... also what happened to the Mk III

These torpedos don't use nuclear warheads, they use a different type of explosive, as nuclear, for most of the torps are in higher PLs, aren't as nice to use (too much fallout, etc). But in theory you could load a nuclear warhead, or any other type of warhead into them for varied damage. They're basically based on mines with engines, geared for anti capital ship purposes. 

As for the Mk III, well the Mk IV fluff says the Mk III was abandoned due to design flaws, or you can make your own mk3 and make it a strikely nuclear warhead.