HotElemental Chaos in hand...

569 posts / 0 new
Last post
....and extremely disappointing it is. Edit: OK, I got over my shock, The Sorc is disappointing, the rest if HotFW+

Themes range from serious competition for Sohei/Guardian to, well, Janissary is the bottom of the barrel.

First look evals :

Demon Spawn : Chaotic "Power Strike" for an encounter, skills, variable resist on bloody
Earthforger : and even better for second winders. Great Close Burst Weapon power and the features keep building it up.
Elemental Initiate : Monk MC in theme form, all the way down to UA and Ki Focus prof. Imm reaction encounter power. WIL bonus.
Firecrafter : Just bad. Why?!? Why havent the devs yet figured out that not having a weapon/implement keyword needs more than +2/4/6 to make it worthwhile? and Why would you build a mini-class around making the same mistake 3x3 times? Just bad.
Ironwrought :  Might even be Gold for a lot of melee classes. The encounter is OoE+, the level 5 is Resist(All) and the 10 is a two round attack bonus. 
Moteborn : Another companion theme, competes with Fey Beast Tamer.
Primordial Adept : Warlock as a theme! Complete with 2 build options! and good ones at that.
Watershaper : See Firecrafter with fewer powers, just bad.
Windlord : Notable for the first theme specifically to account for ranged weapon users. Above average.

Classes. Uh, yeah. Bad. All the way around. This book is Bo9S for 4e. (Meaning it looks like design notes for 5e playtests)

As a Sorcerer player, I really want to scream.

Druid

New Primal Aspect for caster druids. +1 to hit with elemental typed spells. Yay.

The other build is Druid of the Wastes. Wonderful. Spring, Summer, Waste, who knew?
New powers. Dailys and Utilities only. This is a theme of the book, encounter powers are dead.

Monk

Desert Wind is a CHA based reverse mark mechanic. I like it, but I dont know a lot about monks.
Monk gets a LOT of support. Two full builds and 14 pages of powers to back them up, sweet.

Sorcerer

Uh, yeah. Welcome the essentials Sorcerer to the class list. CHA/CON and absolutely no support for the 4e class outside of a handful of Utilities. This class make me think Psion when I see it, but its actually closer to Slayer/Thief. No dailys, more at-wills as you level, one fixed encounter power that boosts the at-wills and levels up in power/times per encounter. Its actually a pretty cool class. Its NOT A SORCERER. 
OTOH, theres absolutely no reason why all those at-wills shouldnt be SOR 1, instead they are unleveled making this useless.

Warlock

Hexblade build, Yay.(Scimitar)
New Pact is basically Chaos Sorcerer Redux.
Both options give vulnerability with Curse/Blade attack. Yay.
New powers. Dailys and Utilities only. Boo.

Wizard

Yes, its that bad.
Cantrips. (Water Stride - walk on water, Whispering Wind - Snail Mail)
At-will Wall power! No damage.Flame Arrow - Great, now Wizards get leader powers!
New powers. Dailys and Utilities only.

more later...
I guess this is why I have a DDi subscription?
Feats? Any multiclassing options?

Classes. Uh, yeah. Bad. All the way around. This book is Bo9S for 4e.

I beg your pardon? ToB/Bo9S was just about the single greatest book 3.5 had, and every class in it was rock solid. Do you just mean that they've gone really hardcore when it comes to poaching the nomenclature (hello, Sublime Way), or are you implying that ToB classes were bad all the way around? Because I would disagree with that.

Anyway, so you're saying that this is more HoS than HotF? That's very disappointing, especially because I like the fluff of the Elemental Chaos more than the fluff on the Shadowfell or the Feywild.

Any interesting generic (i.e., non-class-tied) PPs?
Could you spoil Windlord please? Thanks
Interested in the Monk stuff. What does the Desert Wind FoB do? Are there any Immediate Action or Minor Action Powers for Monks out of the selection?
Themes sound the most interesting thing in the book, and it's not worth buying just for those.  I might  switch a few of my chars about a bit though.  Any decent ranged weapon ones yet?
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.

Classes. Uh, yeah. Bad. All the way around. This book is Bo9S for 4e.

I beg your pardon? ToB/Bo9S was just about the single greatest book 3.5 had, and every class in it was rock solid. Do you just mean that they've gone really hardcore when it comes to poaching the nomenclature (hello, Sublime Way), or are you implying that ToB classes were bad all the way around? Because I would disagree with that.

I think that he means this is like the "last song of the phoenix" of 4e, not that ToB was bad.

Chauntea/Lathander/Torm Cleric since 1995 My husband married a DM - καλὸς καὶ ἀγαθός

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/14.jpg)

Any new content worth using for Githzerai (good racial feats)?

So it sounds like the new Sorcerer is basically single target ranged DPR?  Ironically that's more of what I was expecting out of it before it showed in PHB2 as an ranged AoE striker, but it's a shame that the two sides of the class aren't compatible at all.  Are there any good Sorc feats in the book an OSorc could use?

Does any of the Monk stuff look like it actually deals good damage or is it still just lost in 3rd tier controller land?

At least 4e got a true Ranged Weapon theme before it left the scene, that had been a pretty egregious problem.
The Direct Damage Sorcerer of 3.5e: The Mailman
I knew I shouldn't've gotten my hopes up for more Sorcerer support.  What a load.

[EDIT] Perhaps to satisfy further my masochism, could you reveal the At-Wills that the E-Sorc gets? Particularly the AOEs (if any)? 
Feats

A "weapon focus+1" variant each for some elemental damage types.
Born of the Elements - weak gateway feat - you are elemental so heres some skill bonuses.
That feat leads to - Elemental Companion, better known as, familiars for everyone(mostly)! and 3 more feats to boost it.
Also, a series of "Child of" feats in the same grain as the "Disciple of" feats in HotFL/K. 
3 Epic teir feats for elemental attunement."Earthwalk/Phasing, shift thru enemies, 1/2 damage from falls and limited flight"

Lastly,
Ki Focus Expertise - +1/2/3 damage vs. bloodied 
Tome Expertise - enemies adjacent to summoned creatures grant CA
Totem Expertise - ignore "Partial" Cover/Concealment 

Paragon Paths

Good and Bad. All have some kind of prereq, usually weird. Theme or alignement, theme or "Scale Armor and one military weapon", one elemental damage power. Altho the Sorcerer Path is "Sorcerer(Elementalist)", le sigh

Demon Bound - Melee PP - definitely fits its companion theme. Very BoVD, screw your allies vibe after 16 and the 20 is unique. I'm leaning towards bad and its an encounter long minor action attack granter.
Doomlord - Utility and Lvl 20 arent bad, the rest is "monsters cant heal" powers. Read : Worthless.
Elemental Anchorite - Solid if unspectacular. Nothing new, powers focus on improving your existing powers. Similar to Academy Master.
Elemental Savant -  Elementalist Path - starts strong....and then dies. +1 AB at 11 and 1/2 level bonus damage(single target) on AP is nice. The rest is a waste of space.
Favored Sha'ir - Non-attack daily as a 11 feature, teleport on AP, Area Burst 3 at level 11 with varying effects, 16 boosts your at-wills depending on familiar, 20 is a mediocre summons.
God Warder - Prison guard of the Primordials. Not bad. Ok, really good. Immobilize everything in your path and the level 20 can permanently banish a target. Sweet.
Herald of Vezzzzzzz - way too many prereqs, but they are all "or". Would be a nice path but suffers from the same thing the theme does. No weapon/implement keywords mean you suck. Could be useful for the abilities, but there are better Paths for fire/thunder dealers. Altho, I love the resistance mechanic.
Elemental Hexblade - Looks like a solid stop on the Hexblade railroad.
Prince of Genies - Solid all around. Suffers from the same weapon/implement issues as a lot of previous material, BUT, the encounter is a reaction reducing the cost, and you dont really care if the Daily hits anyway. On top of all that, Limited Wish. Awesome. (not awesome, just cool and a wave at nostalgia)
Reforged Soul - Again with the keyword problem. Otherwise, think chaos sorcerer features. Looks like a bad Genasi racial PP.
Speaker of Xaos - Badly situational level 11, +1 target/burst size with AP power, encounter adds a push and "soft control with bite", 3d10 if they move, to ANY elemental power, 12 is mediocre to OK, 16 is Brutal Spells(finally), and the 20 is Wow. Ongoing 15/Restrained on hit, Immobilized on miss. Alright, the Sorcerer has something he can poach here.

Epic Destinies

Emergent Primordial - Take Draconic Incarnation, halve everything it gives you, refluff with the word "Primordial". IOW, very bad.
Lord of Chaos - Hi! You are a reigar. Here's your Shakti. Go sit in the corner. Really?!? A +5 magic doo-dad that autoscales is your ED? Please.

After getting over my initial shock at how badly the Sorcerer is treated in this book, its very much HotFW. Most of the mechanics are solid and it fills in a lot of gaps in the system. It just also fills a lot of buckets that are already overflowing and adds new half-full buckets to fill in. 
I'm sad to hear the sorcerer (at least the O-sorcerer) gets little to no support. Perhaps, if the at-wills are actual powers and not stances, the devs might errata them to be Sorcerer 1 powers. Doubtful, but we can hope.

Honestly, this does sound closer to HotF than HoS, which is good I suppose. HotF is almost universally regarded as the best post-Essentials player book, so I'm glad that 4E's last big player book at least tries to live up to that. It's a shame it isn't as full of useable and interchangeable crunch as HotF, but I suppose not everything can be gems.

I am incredibly disappointed with Tome Expertise. I really, really want to play a tome caster who isn't completely based upon summoning, but WotC seems to disagree with this concept. I am glad that it at least came out before 4E ended, though, so it's not bad all around.

And despite the sorcerer getting shafted, the monk sounds like it's gotten a lot of cool new goodies. Obviously, they're not all the cream of the crop, but it needed new toys. And the druid likes new things too, even if they aren't ... great. And I hate to say that I'm actually a little glad the wizard has gotten very little in HotF and HotEC because they didn't need any more. At least the Sha'ir is better than the Witch in every possible way. And Hexblades did not need anything more but whatever.

The Themes sound awesome, and some just sound thematic but that's fine. For some campaigns, Themes are expanded backgrounds, and for others they're the PPs of Heroic tier. So there's goodies for both of those groups. The feats, PPs and EDs all sound about right--some good, some cool, but mostly there because we don't need more amazing, over-the-top mechanics. 4E is on its way out, and a book that patches up a few rough areas while giving some really cool flavor is what I think we need, honestly.

P.S.: Does this mean most FLGSs have it? If not, when are they supposed to get it in stock? 
The sorc doesn't need all that help though. It's in a really good place, it just doesn't have great high level powers.
Mountain Cleave Rule: You can have any sort of fun, including broken, silly fun, so long as I get to have that fun too (e. g., if you can warp reality with your spells, I can cleave mountains with my blade).
The sorc doesn't need all that help though. It's in a really good place, it just doesn't have great high level powers.

No, it doesn't need help from a pure CharOp standpoint (man I feel stupid saying that here) but they've always felt boring to make and play (to me at leat). You barely get a choice in what powers you get a each level, as there's usually just one or if you're lucky TWO powers good to take--it's the same reason I have an issue playing artificers or runepriests anymore (and why I play so few E-classes without choices). I could practically make a good, non-cheese (or even cheesy) sorcerer in my sleep. I was hoping this book would give enough options to spice the sorcerer up, and throw a few more good powers in there! They didn't need more or better powers, I just wanted them.

No, it doesn't need help from a pure CharOp standpoint (man I feel stupid saying that here) but they've always felt boring to make and play (to me at leat). You barely get a choice in what powers you get a each level, as there's usually just one or if you're lucky TWO powers good to take--it's the same reason I have an issue playing artificers or runepriests anymore (and why I play so few E-classes without choices). I could practically make a good, non-cheese (or even cheesy) sorcerer in my sleep. I was hoping this book would give enough options to spice the sorcerer up, and throw a few more good powers in there! They didn't need more or better powers, I just wanted them.

On this I can agree. I mean, Flame Spiral is godlike (I'd pay good money to have something like it on my melee strikers), but a man likes variety.
Mountain Cleave Rule: You can have any sort of fun, including broken, silly fun, so long as I get to have that fun too (e. g., if you can warp reality with your spells, I can cleave mountains with my blade).
On this I can agree. I mean, Flame Spiral is godlike (I'd pay good money to have something like it on my melee strikers), but a man likes variety.

Yeah, and honestly by biggest problem was with at-wills. If you are a melee sorcerer, you know what you're picking. If you're ranged, you also know what you're picking. A power or two more that competes with--but don't overtake--current powers would be nice to see.

Yeah, and honestly by biggest problem was with at-wills. If you are a melee sorcerer, you know what you're picking. If you're ranged, you also know what you're picking. A power or two more that competes with--but don't overtake--current powers would be nice to see.

To be fair, what could compete with Ensorcelled Blade without being better? It has a very strong baseline function, and you can't slap an effect on it that wouldn't be stronger than what you get ATM.

To be fair, what could compete with Ensorcelled Blade without being better? It has a very strong baseline function, and you can't slap an effect on it that wouldn't be stronger than what you get ATM.

But that design philosophy is like saying, "Man, we can't make something better than Magic Weapon/Twin Strike, so let's give up on making at-wills for the artificer/ranger." They haven't, because there's a reason you get two at-wills. Even if there's that one that is absolutely amazing, that you should use 70-95% of the time, there are those times you use that other at-will. The one that's really good but not quite as good as the one you usually use. It's nice to have options for your good at-wills, even if you can't compete with the great at-wills.

Like for artillery sorcerers, it would be nice to have another ranged AoE. Something creative, like a Wall 3 or at least a different Burst 1 than Blazing Starfall. It might not be the absolute best, but at least I could sometimes justify picking anything else.

But that design philosophy is like saying, "Man, we can't make something better than Magic Weapon/Twin Strike, so let's give up on making at-wills for the artificer/ranger." They haven't, because there's a reason you get two at-wills. Even if there's that one that is absolutely amazing, that you should use 70-95% of the time, there are those times you use that other at-will. The one that's really good but not quite as good as the one you usually use. It's nice to have options for your good at-wills, even if you can't compete with the great at-wills.

Like for artillery sorcerers, it would be nice to have another ranged AoE. Something creative, like a Wall 3 or at least a different Burst 1 than Blazing Starfall. It might not be the absolute best, but at least I could sometimes justify picking anything else.

There pretty much IS no reason to make something new for Rangers, though. You nailed it. The only way to make a new at-will for them is if it allows them to attack twice still, or if it has some mondo bonuses on the side, like +WIS to AC or whatever. Remember, Throw and Stab had to be nerfed because it was broken good. You can't make a much better Ensorcelled Blade (where much is used in the 'more better' way, not in the 'a lot better' way) without making the Sorc into Eldritch Striker 2: The Strikening. The Blazing Starfall request is more legit, admittedly, but it's not like the Stormsorc Lightning Bolt isn't competitive or whatever.

Druid

New Primal Aspect for caster druids. +1 to hit with elemental typed spells. Yay.

The other build is Druid of the Wastes. Wonderful. Spring, Summer, Waste, who knew?
New powers. Dailys and Utilities only. This is a theme of the book, encounter powers are dead.

Monk

Desert Wind is a CHA based reverse mark mechanic. I like it, but I dont know a lot about monks.
Monk gets a LOT of support. Two full builds and 14 pages of powers to back them up, sweet.

Can you be more specific on the new Primal Aspect?  Does it work with the Elemental (power source) keyword, with any elemental keyword (fire, thunder, cold, etc.), or with a specific elemental keyword (i.e. all cold powers)?  Also, does it have a Druid Circle option for the Protector build?  Does it favor Dex or Con?

The Druid of Wastes, is this a Sentinel build?  If so, what is it's Animal Companion?

Are the new powers implement or weapon based?  Are they generally control powers, leader powers, or blaster powers?  Are there any good level 15 options?

Moving on to the Monk, good to hear they get a lot of support.  The CHA build is intriguing; how does it compare with Iron Soul in terms of stickiness (I'm assuming it's defender secondary)?  How are the powers?  Part of the problem with Monks is that they tend to have riders that are dependent on secondary stats, which can now be Str, Con, Wis, or Cha, meaning that powers designed for a specific build are much less useful for other builds.  Is this still the pattern in HotEC? 

Any new at-wills?
Does Elemental Initiate grant you an Unarmed Attack feature or an Unarmored Agility feature?

What about the Moteborn? What sort of companions do you get? What sort of goodies do they grant? Are they little more than mindless beasts in elemental form, or are they sapient? Ditto for Wasteborn Druid.

And on the Elemental Companion. Do they count as Familiars for the purpose of other game feature (like powers and feats)?

I'm curious about that new hexblade pact.  Powers, the PP, etc.  I'm surprised they made a new pact.

Some of this looks interesting.  I'll probably see if I can find this book to read through... 
Could you perhaps elaborate on the sorceror 'encounter' power that boosts at-wills you mentioned? Just from reading your comments so far, I'm already deeply disappointed in sorceror support, but I'm clinging onto a tiny bit of hope that that encounter power is a nice pickup for those who focus around sorceror at-wills.
I'm excited about the new Hexblade pact and some of the Themes.
To be more specific on the Sorc...
Its 4 separate builds each tied to Air, Earth, Fire or Water.
You get one fixed at-will. More or less Eldritch Blast.
Pick an element, that gives you a pick one of two for the other slot and a fixed encounter power ala power strike. All the encounters make the at-will multitarget, drastically bump the damage AND add some serious secondary effects. You end up getting this 4 per encounter.
You get new at-wills as you level up. Of the eight choosables, 3 are AB 1 within 10, 3 are close bursts and 2 are blast 3's.

Windlord
+2 Perception and Athletics, Primordial at level 1
+1 to fly effects, push 1 with second wind at 5
Change wind fury assault to slide ability modifier at 10.
Wind Fury Assault is fly by attack . Fly your speed and make an attack at anytime in the move. Melee or ranged weapon, 1(W) slide 1, scales per tier.
U2 encounter aura 2 heavy shield for allies until EONT
U6 daily invis
U10 encounter fly speed EONT
So what's the deal on this Cha Monk? And does it come with any good at-wills?
I'd like to ask for an breakdown of the Hexblade/Elementalist at-wills.
An elaboration on the reverse mark is in order.
holydoom.weebly.com: Holydoom! A lighthearted RPG in progress. Loosely based on 3.5. 4, and GURPS. Very, Very, Very loosely. Seriously, visit it now. http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/29086701/I_HIT_IT_WITH_MA_SWORD!_(like_this!):_A_Slayers_Handbook An attempt at CharOp
To anyone who thinks Pathfinder is outselling D&D
While one report may say that FLGS report a greater amount of book sales, one cannot forget the fact that the 71000 DDI subscribers paying 6-10 dollars a month don't count as "Book Sales."
"see sig" redirects here
Oblivious troll is Oblivious
PbP supporter!
General thoughts, feelings, and info on DDN!
Stuff I Heard Mike Say (subject to change): Multiclassing will be different than in 3.5! That's important. There is no level cap; classes advance ala 3.5 epic levels after a set level. Mundane (AKA fighter and co) encounter and daily powers will probably not be in the PHB (for the lack of space), but nor will they be in some obscure book released halfway through the edition.
You can't please everyone, but you can please me. I DO NOT WANT A FREAKING 4E REPEAT. I DO NOT WANT A MODULE THAT MIMICS MY FAVORITE EDITION. I WANT MODULES THAT MIMIC A PLAYSTYLE AND CAN BE INTERCHANGED TO COMPLETELY CHANGE THE FEEL, BUT NOT THE THEME, OF D&D. A perfect example would be an espionage module, or desert survival. A BAD EXAMPLE IS HEALING SURGES. WE HAVE 4E FOR THOSE! A good example is a way to combine a mundane and self healing module, a high-survival-rate module, and a separate pool of healing resource module.
What class is the fiery axe-wielding "iconic" half-orc character in the book's art?

Also curious about the hexblade, as I wasn't really expecting to see another build.
RS: 60/60 CS: 60/60 RotS: 60/60 U:60/60 CotF: 60/60 BH: 60/60 A&E: 51/60 TFU: 53/60 LotF: 37/60 KotOR: 37/60 CW: 26/40 IE: 31/40 JA: 17/40 G@W: 7/40 DT: 7/40 Good trades with: Lily_Wan, creme_brule, suki_jedi_apprentice, Ephant_Mon
Can the sorcerer choose a mba and if not can I choose ensorcerelled blade like a normal sorc?

I too would like to hear about the hexblade.

Also this can kill the complaint that they would not remove dailies from a magic class.  Take that.  I will be sorely tempted by a dailyless class as thieves and slayers are great for me but I really did want a magic class to go with them.  Sweet I hope it can get some good stuff going.  Odlly it right now is more like the 3e warlock than the 4e warlock is (at will based and using chosen abilities to improve thier at will attack).
Alright: Anything and everything related to familiars. Any new ones that aren't previewed, any feats for them. Are the things you get with the feat series explicitly familiars, or is it just the mechanics reused? Does the Sha'ir actually get anything with it's familiar other than what you have at level 1 (though what exactly are the benefits based on familiar that you mention for the PP)?

Basically, if it's related to familiars, I want to know about it.
Take a look at my Handbook: The Pet Store: A Familiar Keeper's Handbook Nacht: "Vecna can do ANYTHING given preptime. He's like an undead lich god Batman."
It may not be a Sorcerer, but the way you describe this Elementalist it seems pretty interesting to me.
It may not be a Sorcerer, but the way you describe this Elementalist it seems pretty interesting to me.

I love the sound of it too though I hope it is not too low on defenses.

OO speaking of which are any of its utilities fixed or are they all choosable? 
To be more specific on the Sorc... Its 4 separate builds each tied to Air, Earth, Fire or Water. You get one fixed at-will. More or less Eldritch Blast.

RBA's?

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

On the sorc build: Con + Cha + Cloth = ?

What does it do for AC?
A Beginners Primer to CharOp. Archmage's Ascension - The Wizard's Handbook. Let the Hammer Fall: Dwarf Warpriest/Tactical Warpriest/Indomitable Champion, a Defending Leader. Requiem for Dissent: Cleric/Fighter/Paragon of Victory Melee Leader Ko te manu e kai i te miro, nona te ngahere. Ko te manu e kai i te matauranga e, nano te ao katoa. It's the proliferation of people who think the rules are more important than what the rules are meant to accomplish. - Dedekine
I would hope it means it uses Con for AC like Dragon and Cosmic use Str. Wouldnt be too bad actually since it would make them pretty durable.

You could make an at-will with the same basic functionality, that isn't limit to daggers. This would ad more versatilty without making them flat out stronger. A similar power that one can use with a staff, and maybe some other weapons would be quite desirable for some builds IMO.

You could make an at-will with the same basic functionality, that isn't limit to daggers. This would ad more versatilty without making them flat out stronger. A similar power that one can use with a staff, and maybe some other weapons would be quite desirable for some builds IMO.

Would that not be a straight upgrade for Ensorcelled Blade, though? The idea is that it requires a low-damage weapon on a Striker. If you could use it with, say, a longsword, there would be no reason not to.

There pretty much IS no reason to make something new for Rangers, though. You nailed it. The only way to make a new at-will for them is if it allows them to attack twice still, or if it has some mondo bonuses on the side, like +WIS to AC or whatever.¹ Remember, Throw and Stab had to be nerfed because it was broken good. You can't make a much better Ensorcelled Blade (where much is used in the 'more better' way, not in the 'a lot better' way) without making the Sorc into Eldritch Striker 2: The Strikening.² The Blazing Starfall request is more legit, admittedly, but it's not like the Stormsorc Lightning Bolt isn't competitive or whatever.³

1. Yes it needs to be multi-target or multi-damage, no it doesn't need an impressive bonus. Something as simple as "If targets move they take x" would be a marked improvement.

2. Yes you can, you start by removing the inane weapon requirement, the rider isn't good enough to justify a 1d4 die restriction (because of the existance of Superior Implements and lack of Weapon powers worth taking past level 3, I do not consider Master or Knives a valid alternative).

3. Really? You actually consider Lightning Strike to be a valid power choice? Possibly if the Storm Power rider changed the second target into a damage roll, and then it would only be good for Storms. As is, it's just not something worth taking for any build.

You can make a Sorcerer version of Magic Stones/Arc Lightning (I don't care if it's 3 target or 2 target) or Nightmare Eruption or Hellish Rebuke/Fire Hawk or Grasping Tide/Freezing Burst. Yes, most of these are completely upgrades that make other at-wills obsolete non-choices, that's fine because SORCERER AT WILLS OUTSIDE OF DRAGONFROST AND BURNING SPRAY ARE SO UNDERPOWERED THAT HALF-ELF WOULD BE A SKY BLUE RACE WITHOUT ANY STAT SYNERGY. This is coming from me, the guy who think at-wills are nearly irrelevant in Paragon.

Regarding Flame Spiral: It just got nerfed, it's still better than anything else at that level when you take PartyOp into consideration, but Lightning Cuts is almost just as good.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.

There pretty much IS no reason to make something new for Rangers, though. You nailed it. The only way to make a new at-will for them is if it allows them to attack twice still, or if it has some mondo bonuses on the side, like +WIS to AC or whatever.¹ Remember, Throw and Stab had to be nerfed because it was broken good. You can't make a much better Ensorcelled Blade (where much is used in the 'more better' way, not in the 'a lot better' way) without making the Sorc into Eldritch Striker 2: The Strikening.² The Blazing Starfall request is more legit, admittedly, but it's not like the Stormsorc Lightning Bolt isn't competitive or whatever.³

1. Yes it needs to be multi-target or multi-damage, no it doesn't need an impressive bonus. Something as simple as "If targets move they take x" would be a marked improvement.

2. Yes you can, you start by removing the inane weapon requirement, the rider isn't good enough to justify a 1d4 die restriction (because of the existance of Superior Implements and lack of Weapon powers worth taking past level 3, I do not consider Master or Knives a valid alternative).

3. Really? You actually consider Lightning Strike to be a valid power choice? Possibly if the Storm Power rider changed the second target into a damage roll, and then it would only be good for Storms. As is, it's just not something worth taking for any build.

You can make a Sorcerer version of Magic Stones/Arc Lightning (I don't care if it's 3 target or 2 target) or Nightmare Eruption or Hellish Rebuke/Fire Hawk or Grasping Tide/Freezing Burst. Yes, most of these are completely upgrades that make other at-wills obsolete non-choices, that's fine because SORCERER AT WILLS OUTSIDE OF DRAGONFROST AND BURNING SPRAY ARE SO UNDERPOWERED THAT HALF-ELF WOULD BE A SKY BLUE RACE WITHOUT ANY STAT SYNERGY. This is coming from me, the guy who think at-wills are nearly irrelevant in Paragon.

Regarding Flame Spiral: It just got nerfed, it's still better than anything else at that level when you take PartyOp into consideration, but Lightning Cuts is almost just as good.

All of those powers are really good on a Sorcerer, though (except Arc Lightning...that one seems to be just on the right power range to be an upgrade, but not a ludicrous one), better than on their base classes. That's something that has to be considered when dealing with sorcs. Imagine if they had access to Storm Pillar, for instance. It would be a much more powerful power than those they have. Their issue is more their scaling powers than their at-wills. More options there would be nice, but they should take a backseat to getting locked into two level 3 powers for the career.
Are there any decent ranged weapon themes at all?  Or am I still best off sticking with Outlaw...?
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.