RW Tempered Steel

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum so forgive me if this is in the wrong section. Anyways I was hoping to get some opinons on this deck I've been working on for some time. It's my take on tempered steel deck. I was running a slightly different build preInnistrad but now I'm not sure about it. It seems to be a consistent 5-7 win when I play test it. But anyways I'm just looking for possible critiques and ideas I may have not thought about.  Ok so here is the deck 

Creatures 
 3 Glint Hawk 
 4 Signal Pest 
 4 Vault Skirge  
 4 Porcelain Legionnaire  
 4 Memnite  

Artifacts

Chimeric Mass   
 4 Glint Hawk Idol  

Sorceries/ Instants

Whipflare  
 4 Galvanic Blast   
 4 Dispatch   

Enchanments 
 4 Tempered Steel  

Lands

Inkmoth Nexus   
  2 Contested War Zone   
  2 Mountain   
  2 Evolving Wilds   
 12 Plains

Side Board 
Dismember   
Origin Spellbomb   
Nihil Spellbomb   
Day of Judgment   
Spellskite    
1 Sword of Feast and Famine    
3 Dispense Justice    
1 Whipflare    

Also I would like some suggestions on my mana base as well. I typically end up with galvanic or whipflare dead in my hand. I would like to see if anyone has a critique that could fix this problem.
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.
Scratch the Inkmoth Nexus and put in more Mountains. Also look into Clifftop Retreat Otherwise I think this is a great deck you've got here. Very quick.
Inkmoth is very solid, helps a ton to get your metalcraft and pwns vs counterspells. Dont lose em. That being said, 2 red sources and 2 fetches are not enough for 6 red spells. Wilds is just plain terrible in a quick deck, you want your mana the turn it drops.
So drop the fetch lands and look into adding clifftop retreat? Sounds like a good plan thanks for the feed back guys really appreciate it. Also I love Inkmoth Nexus it has won me a few games at my local FNM in various other decks I have built. I figured that in Tempered Steel it was almost a neccessity for the deck. 
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.
No rally the peasants
Just added one actually and got a second one tonight so i'm definitely going to try them out and see how it works out. They seem amazing. 
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
I don't know if it's because u can't afford it or u just didn't know but I see no mox opals.its a must have in tempered steel.at least a three of.it speeds u up.and helps with color fixing.also I would take out the contested war zones.if u really want to Play them but them in the board.there ok against control.but there teriable against anything with creatures.also defiantly play 4 clifftop retreats.between them and the opals u should be fine
If you're adding red, you need 4 Mox Opal and 4 Clifftop Retreat. The mana won't be consistent enough otherwise.

Evolving Wilds is awful in Aggro. 
I have Clifftop Retreat now. As for Mox Opal I don't really see me paying $54 for them. In all honesty after testing this deck afte rthe few changes I have made I don't see how Not having mox opal will screw up my mana base at all. The only thing that Mox helps with is metalcraft and it requires metal craft as it is for it to work. On top of that it is a legendary artifact and two in my hand would just really suck since I can't use two.
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Ok here is a more updated version of the deck I have right now. However it should be noted I have ordered some Curse of Stalked Prey  and looking to possibly put them in.

1 Whipflare
3 Dispatch  
4 Tempered Steel  
Rally the Peasants
Galvanic Blast
4 Porcelain Legionnaire
Memnite
Glint Hawk
4 Glint Hawk Idol  
Signal Pest
4 Vault Skirge  
2 Chimeric Mass  
10 Plains  
4 Inkmoth Nexus  
2 Mountain  
4 Clifftop Retreat  
2 Contested War Zone  

Side Board 

Mirran Crusader  
1 Spellskite  
2 Nevermore  
2 Nihil Spellbomb  
3 Perilous Myr  
2 Ratchet Bomb  
Celestial Purge
1 Day of Judgment
I am White/Green
I am White/Green