Silverlight 5 problems fixed I believe

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Testing it out shows no problems at all. Didn't test it out extensively, but I do ask a favor of anyone out there that's technically minded:

Brave enough to install Silverlight 5? It's painless to uninstall if it all goes Tango Uniform.

I'd love to know if this is working completely now. I've heard nothing from Wizards about it of course haha. You'd think they'd post SOMETHING - or did I just miss it somewhere?        

Anyway if you install Silverlight 5 and it works, let me know. I'd like to confirm this. 
I had installed Silverlight 5 and CB would not run after. I tracked down the Silverlight 4 (not hard) and reinstalled that. Now CB is working again.
I had installed Silverlight 5 and CB would not run after. I tracked down the Silverlight 4 (not hard) and reinstalled that. Now CB is working again.

Right what I'm saying is that as of Jan 25th, Silverlight 5 now seems to work. I can't find any announcements from Wizards one way or another, nor any release or patch notes indicating.

I was hoping to get some confirmation from people willing to try to install SL5 again. 
The character builder (at least mine) has crashed tonight, deleting characters that were corrupted by the issue.  According to tech support, Silverlight 5.0 is not supported.  They sent me an e-mail requesting screen shots and I hope to hear from them soon.

Our weekly game group had to break early tonight because of this issue since we use the CB to level up our characters.  Most of us are using powers and feats from not only the book, but also from the Dragon magazines.

I wish WotC would finally admit that they should outsource their programming projects to Bioware. 

I would love to find a link to Silverlight 4.0 that doesn't autoupdate to 5.0

I would love to find a link to Silverlight 4.0 that doesn't autoupdate to 5.0

So if you go here: www.silverlight.net/downloads There is a section called "SILVERLIGHT 4 (PREVIOUS VERSION)" on the page. The download like to "Silverlight 4 Runtime" will get you the latest Silverlight 4 runtime. After that, start whatever browser you use, go to your add-ins manager, and click on the Silverlight options. That should get you a small control panel that will have an option in it to NOT automatically update.

Should be set.

I'm curious though - nobody else has heard anything from tech support, so I'd love to hear either who told you that or where you got that info from (about SL5 not being supported) 
I'm using Silverligt 5 and the CB doesn't work. I can't access it now for almost three month. What am I paying for???
I'm using Silverligt 5 and the CB doesn't work. I can't access it now for almost three month. What am I paying for???

I've got SL5 and it's working for me, but what kind of issues are you having?
So, I got a new computer.  Should I install Silverlight 4 or Silverlight 5?

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe