01/26/2012 TD: "Five Things About Modern"

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Top Decks article, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.
I really love Modern. Lets me play my favorites in U/W control, from the lowly Condescend to the godly Grand Arbiter Augustin IV :D
Wirecat is my hero. I've been trying to make a very similar Loam deck work for a while, but his deck just has so much disgusting synergy. I'm building that deck as soon as I can.
Profile picture by Mackenzie Schubert www.plaincomics.com
Heck yes Raven's Crime.
What Nameless Inversion stays in GY ???
I heart Death Cloud.  That's the most fun looking decklist I've seen in a while.

When you cast it, it is removed from the graveyard and put on the stack. When it resolves or is countered it is put into the graveyard unless some other effect says otherwise (countered by a dismiss for instance).

The end result though is that in most cases, you can play it as many times as you'd like and have the mana for.

Also keep in mind, that if this is something you are worried about, Surgical Extraction may not do the job of dealing with it, as they can keep 2 mana up and respond to your extraction by playing the Nameless Inversion. When it resolves and is put back in the graveyeard it is considered a new object and your Surgical Extraction will fizzle for lack of a target.

So why are we still calling those 2 decks "Affinity" when they have 0 cards in them with affinity?  Is Metalcraft not as cool sounding?
Just like how many fish decks don't play merfolk =)
Man, I want to play that Burning Vengeance deck. The synergies in that deck are amazing. I didn't even think of using Burning Vengeance like that before (hell, even our supposed resident Johnny in From the Lab didn't).
76125763 wrote:
Zindaras' meta is like a fossil, ancient and its secrets yet to be uncovered. Only men of yore, long dead, knew of it.

When you cast it, it is removed from the graveyard and put on the stack. When it resolves or is countered it is put into the graveyard unless some other effect says otherwise (countered by a dismiss for instance).

The end result though is that in most cases, you can play it as many times as you'd like and have the mana for.

Also keep in mind, that if this is something you are worried about, Surgical Extraction may not do the job of dealing with it, as they can keep 2 mana up and respond to your extraction by playing the Nameless Inversion. When it resolves and is put back in the graveyeard it is considered a new object and your Surgical Extraction will fizzle for lack of a target.

oh yea cause at the time of its printing there was no tribal existsing and was never ment to be allowing anything else than Knight creatures

I have to chime in, that "Burning Vengeance" deck is one of the sweetest decks I've ever seen. Especially since there's NOTHING with flashback interacting with it, and it was clearly designed to interact with flashback. :p
*bows* I'm glad everyone loves the deck. It was fun to build a tweak, its actually pretty resilient to hate, though new Undying creatures makes the deck a little worse.

Cheers,
Ben Seck
Wirecat on Magic Online 
*bows* I'm glad everyone loves the deck. It was fun to build a tweak, its actually pretty resilient to hate, though new Undying creatures makes the deck a little worse.

Cheers,
Ben Seck
Wirecat on Magic Online 

I'm actually kind of surprised at this comment as I feel generic graveyard hate would do a lot against the deck, but then I haven't been playing Modern (online or in RL) so maybe people just aren't ready?
Why is there only 10 cards in wirecat's otherwise super awesome deck? that isn't legal.
How to Autocard
card: [c]cardname[/c]-> [c]Vampire Nighthawk[/c] -> Vampire Nighthawk
Sign In to post comments