DPR King Candidates 3.0

506 posts / 0 new
Last post
So after a few chats with erachima and mellowship on the ##4eCO chat I'd like to show you

Nusku, level 1, Human, Sorcerer (Elementalist) 

Show

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Nusku, level 1
Human, Sorcerer (Elementalist)
Unseelie Agent Starting Feature Option: Dagger
Elemental Specialty Option: Fire Elementalist
Human Power Selection Option: Heroic Effort
Theme: Unseelie Agent

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 14, DEX 11, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 20

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 14, DEX 11, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 18

AC: 12 Fort: 13 Ref: 11 Will: 18
HP: 26 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +5, Bluff +10, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +7, Intimidate +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +0, Athletics –1, Diplomacy +5, Heal +0, History +0, Insight +0, Nature +0, Perception +0, Religion +0, Stealth +0, Streetwise +5, Thievery +0

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Unseelie Agent Utility: Create Shadow-Wrought Weapon
Human Racial Power: Heroic Effort
Sorcerer Attack: Elemental Bolt
Sorcerer Attack: Ignition
Sorcerer Attack: Elemental Escalation (Fire)

FEATS
Superior Implement Training (Incendiary dagger)
Level 1: Arcane Reserves

ITEMS

====== End ======

KP2R: 41.25(round 1)+16.5(round 2)+9.9 (AP presence odds across 5-encounter day) +9.9 (heroic effort during nova)+4.224(heroic effort outside nova)
KP5R: 41.25(round 1)+66(round 2-5)+9.9 (AP presence odds across 5-encounter day) +9.9 (heroic effort during nova)+6.76(heroic effort outside nova)
KP10R: 41.25(round 1)+148.5(round 2-10)+9.9 (AP presence odds across 5-encounter day) +9.9 (heroic effort during nova)+13.73(heroic effort outside nova)

KP2R = 2.56,
KP5R = 4.18,
KP10R = 6.98
Mean KPR = 0.938

Utalising unseelies 1st level power to manifest Magic Incendiary dagger +1: crit 1d8.
Combined with Arcane reserves, as well as heroic effort , Nusku is able to fire off Elemental bolt after Elemental Bolt, blowing his escallation on round 1, he immediatly drops to adding in his +2 damage with at wills.

I think Nusku could be top level 1 striker, can some one check this out to doubly sure.

Thank you both for your assitance
NOTE:
further discusions arose around accuracy feats etc, so is there anyway to improve upon this?

Unfortunately, we don't get to count any benefit of AP benefits (even as an average). That is, unless you have a means to have it every encounter.
Otherwise, I think it looks nice.
Since you're over 50% on a hit, taking Cunning Stalker over Arcane Reserves would be a much better idea for real play, though I haven't checked the exact math effect.

On the AP thing, if you're attempting to model actual fights including novas, it's nonsense not to include them. I'd suggest .5 weighting rather than .6 though, since that'll be the average over forever rather than just over the standard 5.
Not saying there isn't merit in including AP averaged out like this, but it hasn't been the convention thus far.
As far as I know, the reason we don't include them is the same reason we don't include averaged out daily novas for the builds. It adds an additional layer of complexity. Plus, it goes against some of the original intentions of the thread: to provide a baseline of expected at-will dpr (which has evolved to baseline encounter kill rate, or kpr).
For APs and dailies, there were the nova build sections (although it tends to be a bit enemic, admittedly). Perhaps borg will reconsider, though, and then we can through APs.
Double post :s
Also, mind posting your math, yargon? I am curious how you accounted for heroic effort. (Hoping you have something a little more elagant/accurate than what I have tried to use in the past).
I have to admit I had to rely on Erachima for the math but he explained it like this

It's pretty simple: the odds of you ever missing by 4 or less on an attack of damage X.

Conveniently, the odds of you doing that are .2 on every attack.

So, (1-.8*.8)= .36, for a term of .36*(Escalated damage)

And then we take the odds that didn't happen (.64) and multiply that by the odds I ever miss by 4 or less in the rest of the time period.

And multiply that by the damage contribution of those attacks.

Cool, that does look better than what I was trying to do (although I'm glad I was guessing fairly close).
Also, it looks like you might be better off with the Infernal Prince theme (I think its that one, I might have the wrong one). Its the one that gives you a +1 to hit on fire powers and a nice trigger power for damage on a hit. The only thing you'd lose on the unseelie weapon is the bonus crit dice, but that is only adding .225 damage an attack, or 2.475 over 10 rounds (assuming 11 attacks). Whereas the bonus damage on the other theme throws on 5, I think.

(It would also help to post all your math in the build: accuracy, average damage, crit damage, breaking down bonuses, etc. It gratly helps in vetting a build)
He's using unseelie for a superior implement, so it's netting him +2 attack, +3 damage and crits.
You can buy a superior implement at level 1. There are nonmagical versions.
Derp. But I did forget that magic weapons also add to damage :s
So that part should be adding about 5 on its own, plus the 2 some from crits.
So yeah, forget my suggestion (unless I was /also/ wrong on how much extra damage the trigger action does) since that will put it down by basically the extra on crits.

not sure I havn't messed something up... can anyone check it..
also how do you lock the sheet, and hide it? 
The Bugbear Rogue posted by Langeweile for level 16 DPR doesn't actually work at all, because you can't lose hidden by attacking with Acrobatic Trick and re-hide with it in the same action.  So the numbers are completely off.

Right click on the tab on the bottom.  There should be a hide and lock option.  Because it was hidden the link didn't go to that tab.  Interesting.
Props.

No AP for DPR/KPR.  It's only applicable on novas.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
How much damage should I shoot for?
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR? KPR? KP4R? Bless you
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
@yargon: looks like cunning stalker made a big difference for you. A shame it adds the solo tag, but still. Easily the least cheesy/most reliable/fewest tags on a build, and it still takes top. Very nice. Another example against those that think the elementalist is lacking. I hope to see some builds at the other levels from you (at which point trading out your unseelie theme for infernal prince will make better sense).
The Elementalist is lacking though, the things that make it great at 1 are all edge-case benefits that are needlessly good at 1 but don't scale up proportionally. The Axe Scout is the same way, overpowered at level 1 and strictly inferior to the light blade scout by level 6.
@Alraune, I think you may be right, but next stop level 6 and see what I can do there...

You are assumming you can use an AP for round 1.  Please recalculate without this assumption.  If you have a daily nova you can assume an AP, but not for your KP2R.  This is why your average KPR is so high.
It drops down to 0.68 KPR 
DPR King Candidates 3.0
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?

You are assumming you can use an AP for round 1.  Please recalculate without this assumption.  If you have a daily nova you can assume an AP, but not for your KP2R.  This is why your average KPR is so high.

I'm not using an action point.
I'm using the elementalist's encounter power that allows me to add an additional target and adds 1d10 extra damage to both attacks.

The other aspect is that I'm using heroic effort that will change to hit result by +4, thus altering my to hit value for a miss in to a potential hit.

I've not calculated any AP in my submission in google docs, but if the base calculations are wrong then  please correct them.

thank you for the feedback, i appreciate the help

I'm not using an action point.
I'm using the elementalist's encounter power that allows me to add an additional target and adds 1d10 extra damage to both attacks.

The other aspect is that I'm using heroic effort that will change to hit result by +4, thus altering my to hit value for a miss in to a potential hit.

I've not calculated any AP in my submission in google docs, but if the base calculations are wrong then  please correct them.

thank you for the feedback, i appreciate the help

Being unfamiliar with what elements you're employing, no pun intended, there is only 1 correction.  We weight secondary targets different than primary.  
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqL...
I assume you're targeting a secondary target within range, then you'll add 1/2 of that target's KPR rounded down to the nearest integer.  I'm still unsure of how effective this is.  It just seems rather clunky. 
DPR King Candidates 3.0
The formula as a whole is really weird, since you're taking three completely difference measures and then weighting them equally. Also, his escalated crits autokill, so that, at least, counts full.

And the action point thing seems really inaccurate. You do have one in half of encounters. If you're throwing in encounter novas, throw in encounter novas.
Given how much of a benefit some characters get from action points, it's probably reasonable to give folks the benefit of at least .5 an AP, if not 2/3 or a full one. The troubling part is having to integrate that this late in the game, which might make it not worthwhile.

Still, potentially more accurate.

I can't make heads or tails of your KPR equivalency for extra targets from the link you gave, nor see mention of halving KPR for an additional target (the rules being under construction is likely to blame there). Which is to say... you might want to clarify that
Keith Richmond Living Forgotten Realms Epic Writing Director
The escalation is a second Full attack, each with a bonus 1d10 damage.
and this is the encounter power of the elementalist, so should actually be configured as a seperate set of damage and not as 1/2 damage to secondary target.

Quick edit: do you do this with twin stike?
Twin strike let's you attack the same target twice, so no, it doesn't get halved.
Part of the reason this was done is because 9 times out of 10, focus fire is better than multi-targetting. Its cool you can blow up 2 mobs, but it means nothing when you need to destroy a solo or elite. So to account for this, extra target damage got penalized (partly to discourage human scout throw and stabbers attacking 3 times a turn at level 1 and completely wonking the charts by making their expected damage contribution far from what they will actually do).

Personally, I advocated letting the damage count full, but also include some kind of overkill tracking. Knocking 2 mobs within an inch of their life is probably more helpful than doing 2 times the max life of 1. But agreeing on an accurate method that still accounted for those times you need to nuke a non-standard didn't happen.

Actually.....borg, I had a thought on how we /could/ try to implement that. Nova turns (say turns 1-2, maybe 3) get full credit on kpr, modeling the turns the striker is taking out that elite or solo. All turns after that are against standards, so each attack is against the same mob until it is dead (or perhaps we can allow switching at bloody, to represent contributions from the party). Hrm.
That, or maybe instead of the kpr method, if we just said every fight had x monsters at level and they are rated on how long it takes them to clear the field. Perhaps an elite and 3 standards? Something to nuke, makes overkill important, aoe has value (hitting the expected number of targets from the chart). Also highlights value of a good ranged striker, since movement won't be an issue (just assume it takes a move action of some kind for melee to get adjacent to their next target). Hrmm.
I agree. But there are several competing issues that brought us to kpr.
-DPR builds were excessively pimping out their at-wills and it was decided we needed a way to account for the heavy weight that encounter powers and novas bring to the table.
-Building a party becomes less "what can build x do," and more "what synergy can a party do."
-Trying to avoid a builders from essentially posting a "From the Labs," even if just striker v tofu.
-On a related note, trying to make the submission process simple enough for the majority of players to submit/read/interpret. We don't want it to be overly complicated or abstract, or it risks becoming purely theoryop for a relative minority of the forum.
-Expected encounter contribution was determined to be more useful than turn infinite damage and we needed a way to represent this.
As this is my encounter power for the class, the only one I get really should it be counted as a second source of damage. basically it states that I get to fire another RBA with a bonus as a free action attack. as well as upping the damage of the original attack...

two seperate powers were used to gain this effect.

This brings up the issue with the current charts in general: by moving from the simple DPR metric to the supposedly more realistic, but still highly artificial, idealized, and arbitrarily weighted KPR metric, you've created all sorts of plausibility issues that didn't used to exist. Doubly so because now that it's going off a full encounter basis rather than "snapshot turn from an infinite progression of identical turns", it no longer makes sense to be evaluating in a partyless vacuum, assuming your enemies can't move, etc.

I think a lot of people might agree with this, but there is also a pretty common consensus that KPR is at least more useful and realistic than DPR was.

I'm curious if you have any proposals for a better metric (or ways to improve the KPR metric). Keep in mind that there is also a constraint on complexity: normal board members (and lurkers) need to be able to figure it out and do it themselves. It's not an easy balance to reach.
I built this according to the Lair Assault rules, that is 1 magic item lvl 7 or below, 1 magic item lvl 6 and below, 1 magic item lvl 5 and below, and 1000 gold to be spent on anything. Maximum 2 consumables 

And yes, this was built using OneCrazyMojo's owlbugbear as a base

Quinn, level 6
Human, Avenger/Rogue
Hybrid Avenger Option: Hybrid Avenger Will
Hybrid Talent Option: Rogue Tactics (Hybrid)
Rogue Tactics (Hybrid) Option: Brutal Scoundrel (Hybrid)
Human Power Selection Option: Heroic Effort
Associate: Trained Young Owlbear
Theme: Fey Beast Tamer

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 16, CON 10, DEX 20, INT 10, WIS 13, CHA 8

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 15, CON 10, DEX 17, INT 10, WIS 13, CHA 8

AC: 20 Fort: 17 Ref: 21 Will: 16
HP: 48 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 12

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +13, Athletics +11, Intimidate +7, Perception +9, Stealth +13, Thievery +13

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +3, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +3, Heal +4, History +3, Insight +4, Nature +4, Religion +3, Streetwise +2

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Human Racial Power: Heroic Effort
Avenger Feature: Oath of Enmity
Rogue Attack 1: Riposte Strike
Avenger Attack 1: Bond of Pursuit
Rogue Attack 1: Guarded Attack
Rogue Attack 1: Duelist's Prowess
Avenger Utility 2: Holy Blessing
Avenger Attack 3: Relentless Stride
Avenger Attack 5: Oath of Consuming Light
Rogue Utility 6: Hidden Blade

FEATS
Hybrid Talent
Level 1: Mark of Finding
Level 2: Light Blade Expertise
Level 4: Backstabber
Level 6: Vigilante Justice Style

ITEMS
Vicious Rapier +2 x1
Bloodthread Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +1 x1
Augmenting Whetstone (level 6)
Rhythm Blade Short sword +1 x1
Gauntlets of Blood (heroic tier) x1
====== End ======

This build assumes that I have my target under the oath of enmity. If I also have CA, the dpr does go up, but the +2 to hit has minimal effect because of the oath.

So here is the math using riposte strike:
main attack (5 dex+3 proficency + 3 level + 2 enh + 1  LBE + 2 whetstone)=+16 to hit, which translates to .98 because of the oath
normal damage= (3d8+5 dex + 2 enh + 2 whetstone + 2 owlbear aura + 1 LBE + 3 str)= 28.5
max damage = 39+2d12=52
10% chance to crit, so
DPR = .98(.9*28.5+.1*52)=30.233
DPR(bloodied enemy) = 32.19

secondary attack (3 str+3prof+3lvl+2enh+1lbe+2whetstone)=+14 to hit, which translates to .94
normal damage = (3d8 + 3 str + 2 ehn +  2 whetstone +2 owlbear aura + 1 lbe + 3 str) = 26.5
max damage = 37+2d12=50
DPR = .94(.9*26.5+.1*50)=27.11
DPR(bloodied enemy) = 28.99

total DPR =57.35
total DPR(bloodied enemy) = 61.18
assuming enemy is bloodied for 1/2 of attacks made against it,

KPR = .823

Because of Vigilante Justice, the secondary will trigger much more frequently. Mark of finding makes the character extremely sticky, which helps with the oath of enmity.

Unfortunately, the character is extremely flimsy, with an AC of only 20 and hp of 48 

@Grundygolem: sorry, build doesn't work. Under hybrid rules, you can only utilize your oath reroll when using an avenger or avenger pp power. So no riposte shenanigans.
Drat, thanks for pointing that out
With D&DN news going about everywhere, and, hopefully, how rough it is, I've been mulling over alot of balance questions in my head.  Has my contributions to 4e been beneficial to the game as a whole (my focus on mathematical balance, optimization, and exploitation, and facilitating DPR king builds to be distributed)?  Why do I focus so much on combat balance and jeer at WotC's attempts at making a convertion from non-combat utility to DPR?  Can such a conversion exist?  And so on.

I've come across this interesting article about 3 types of balance.  

Concept Balance is where a game is designed to make any concept (Gorash the slayer, Legolas the sniper, Tim the blaster, Robin's minstral, and TreantMonk's wizard) all equally playable and equally effective.

Naturalistic Balance is where the game is true to life and the physics of the world you're in.  Gurps has tons of rules that give players as much physics as they like.  In a Naturalistically balanced game, the gun slinger would always kill the samurai, a psion who had any degree of telekenisis could kill any person with a nervous system (time hop the brain only for example).

Spotlight Balance is where either the game or the DM focuses on either making every player able to participate in every encounter, or making an encounter designed to spotlight a given player (melee combat for the fighter, ranged combat for ranger, hords of minions for the blaster, gold behind trapped door...)

The concept balance intrigued me the most.  Neither Naturalistic nor Spotlight balance is a good topic for DPR kings.  But Concept balance is.  

We value the Thief and Ranger as superb combatants, and worry when "strikers" are left in the dust (Assassins and Vampires).  I know that certian options are designed to be not optimal in all cases, but I had never seen these options as attempts to gain more balance in areas other than Concept balance.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Boominator

It needs tweaked a bit... but a rough (and low) estimate is 2.59 KPR

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Tweaked the boominator..  and i barely manage to pass 1k DPR.

3.82 KPR.

Though i should add encounter powers in their too... 

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Since KAM is nerfed, here's a Thief build using Paragon Multiclassing (into Ranger) to get the second attack and thus get DPR back to acceptablility.    

Edit: Thanks Fardiz for the Span code; and KeithRic for the clarification on PMC and feats

Total DPR:  99.9786
Total KPR    0.6578

Introducting Anton
Show

Anton, level 16
Human, Thief, Paragon Multiclassing
Fey Beast Tamer Starting Feature: Fey Beast Tamer Companion (Young Owlbear)
Human Power Selection: Bonus At-Will Power
Gritty Sergeant Benefit: Weapon Proficiency (Rapier)
Background: Gritty Sergeant (Gritty Sergeant Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 11, Dex 24, Int 9, Wis 15, Cha 11.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 10, Dex 18, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 10.

AC: 30 Fort: 25 Reflex: 32 Will: 24
HP: 98 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 24

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +16, Stealth +20, Thievery +20, Insight +15, Dungeoneering +15,
Acrobatics +20, Perception +15, Streetwise +13, Nature +15

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +7, Bluff +8, Diplomacy +8, Endurance +8, Heal +10, History +7,
Intimidate +8, Religion +7

FEATS
Human: Surprising Charge
Level 1: Light Blade Expertise
Level 2: Backstabber
Level 4: Two-Blade Warrior  (ME: Ranger Entry Feat)
Level 6: Novice Power
Level 8: Acolyte Power
Level 10: Adept Power
Level 11: Deft Blade
Level 12: Silvery Glow
Level 14: Lasting Frost
Level 16: Two-Weapon Fighting
POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Dual Weapon Attack   (ME: PMC Retrain from Ripose Strike)
Paragon Multiclassing: Finishing Cut
Paragon Multiclassing: Agile Escape
Thief utility 1: Tactical Trick
Thief utility 1: Ambush Trick
Thief utility 2: Agile Recovery
Thief utility 4: Escape Artist's Trick
Thief utility 6: Swift Parry (retrained to Weave Through the Fray at Acolyte Power)
Thief utility 7: Unbalancing Trick
Thief utility 10: Acrobat's Escape

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Climber's Kit, Boots of Adept Charging (heroic tier), Frost Rapier +3,
Badge of the Berserker +3, Gloves of Ice (paragon tier), Bracers of Mighty Striking (paragon tier),
Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (paragon tier), Marauder's Drowmesh +3, Horned Helm (paragon tier),
Iron Armbands of Power (paragon tier), Thundergod Rapier +3, Frozen Whetstone (heroic tier) (5),
Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (heroic tier)
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Comments:
Combat Advantage comes from move actions
Move Action:   Tell bugbear (free action) to stand next to target then tactical trick.  Plenty of other ways to do it via allies (tactical trick) or ambush trick, unbalancing trick or flank
Minor Action:  Apply Whetstone to Thundergod Weapon
Standard Action:  Charge
Free Action:  Dual Weapon Attack on hit
Free Action:  On Crit, use free swing from Two Weapon Opening
Free Action:  Use Boots of Adept Charging at end of turn to shift 1 away in order to use a trick/shift on next turn to re-Charge
Notes:
Can also Shift 2 with Unbalancing trick or from distance, once prone, can use Sneak Attack on the DWA attack and still maintain DPR
Can also gain combat advantage through Ferret Out Fraility as a minor (add to build in place of swift parry)
Can use Backstabs(+3 Atk w/CA; +3d6 damange) to add to hit/damange rolls
Replaced Riposte Strike Human bonus At-Will with PMC DWA.
Stone of Earth is great for this build.  Too bad it's rare now.
I guess much like KAM, I really don't have to use the feat, just possess the feat.

This is a glass cannon.  Playability wise, I'd do Imporoved defenses and Two weapon defense,  But where...

Attacks
Show

To Hit    +27 vs Reflex : Charging w/Combat Advantage (happens 95% of the time; 5% of that crit)
8    1/2 lvl    16
7    Dex    24
3    Prof    Rapier
3    Wep Enh    Thundergod Rapier +3
2    Feat    Light Blade Expertise
1    Misc    Thief Weapon Talent
2    CA    CA
1    Charge    

To Hit  +26 Vs AC : Dual Weapon Attack - Free Action (happens 95% of the time, hits 85% of those times)        
8    1/2 lvl    16
7    Dex    24
3    Prof    Rapier
3    Wep Enh    Frost Raper + 3
2    CA    CA

To Hit  +26 vs Reflex Two Weapon Opening - Offhand MBA Free Actiom (happens 95% of the time you crit)
8    1/2 lvl    16
7    Dex    24
3    Prof    Rapier
3    Wep Enh    Frost Raper + 3
2    CA    CA

Damage
Show

Damage: Charging w/Combat Advantage
8.5   1d8+1d6   Thundergod Rapier +3 (has Shard of Cold (heroic) on it)
4.5    1d8    Surprise Charge
13.5    3d8    Sneak Attack
10.5    2d6    Horned Helm
7    Dex    
4    Misc    Weapon Finesse
3    Feat    Light Blade Exp + Two Weap Fight
3    Wep Enh    Thundergod Rapier +3
2    Fey Bst    Owlbear
2    Whet    Frozen Whetstone
2    Misc    Gloves of Ice    
5    Vul    Lasting Frost
1    Aug     Shard of Cold
4    Item     Iron Armbands
-------        
70    19.5    3d12 Crit Damage

Damage: Dual Weapon Attack - Free Action
4.5    1d8    Frost Rapier +3
7    Dex    
4    Misc    Weapon Finesse
4    Feat    Silvery Glow + Two Weap Fight
3    Wep Enh    Frost Rapier +3
3    Shard    Shard of Cold (paragon)
2    Item     Gloves of Ice
5    Vul    Lasting Frost
2    Fey Bst    Owlbear
4    Item     Iron Armbands
-------        
38.5    10.5    Crit Damage

Damage: Two Weapon Opening - Offhand MBA Free Action
Same as the damage from DWA
-------        
38.5    10.5    Crit Damage

Calcs
Show

Monster Stats:
Monster Level   16
Monster AC    30     14+Monster level
Monster Reflex    28     12+Monster level

Edit:  Due to Free Action Attack limits, free on crit Two weapon attack gets nerfed (fortunately it didn't add much to dpr)
Atk    Min     Max     Avg    Hit%    Crit%    DPR
MBA    40    104.5    70    .95    .05    (.9*70)+(.05*104.5)=68.225
DWA    35    52.5    38.5    .85    .05    (.8*38.5)+(.05*52.5)*.95=31.753 (atk happens 95% so can't use all dpr)
TWO    35    52.5    38.5    .95    .05    (.9*38.5)+(.05*52.5)*.05=1.863 (atk happens 5% so can't use all dpr)

Total DPR:  99.9786 = (68.225+31.753)
Total KPR   0.6578  = (99.9786/152) Monster level aka (8*16)

[ sblock] insert text here [ /sblock] but without the spaces.
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
@Stratoblaster - you actually want Level + 14 / 12 for defense, not 15 / 13. So you're 2 higher than you need to be to attack... nothing else, you can drop Nimble Blade... also Two-Weapon Opening doesn't stack with Dual Weapon Attack (free action attack limit), so it's useless except for off-turn attacks. So that frees up at least two feats.

That said, how are you Paragon Multiclassing without taking all 3 of Acolyte Power, Adept Power, and Novice Power? (which would eat up 2 feats)
Keith Richmond Living Forgotten Realms Epic Writing Director
@Keithric:  Reading through the PMC text, it wasn't clear to me that I needed all those feats to make it happen.  I thought it was a character builder issue.  Now that I reread with that in mind, I see how it works correctly.  Thanks!  I have integrated your comments into my calcs and updated

Now, I don't have to actually swap powers with the feats if I don't want to.  It's just like people could do witih KAM and get the weapon proficiency but not actually use it.

0.38 Mean KPR Wil (Revenant Avenger/Pitfighter/Eternal Seeker) , kilpatds (1/2Elf Twin Rev.)

This version of Wil needs to be yanked: the ancient ancient Pitfighter nerf.

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

I cannot seem to get the option to select Dual Weapon Attack with my Paragon Multiclassing in the Builder, has this been changed?
Changed? No. Never thought of by the coders? Yes.
Hmmmm what am I missing in the builder thats not allowing me to choose the Dual Weapon Attack?