Core Races

70 posts / 0 new
Last post
I just wondered what everyone thought the new core races should be for DnDN, I wish we could do full-fledged polls that you didn't have to track manually. Here's my vote for the races and the reasons why:

Humans - Always been in the game
Dwarves - Same as above
Halflings - Same as above, I thought their flavor in 4E really set them apart
Half-Elves - Same as above
Gnomes - Because not having them in 4E upset a lot of people and 4E also gave them their own unique identity
Elves - As a seperate race from Eladrin
Eladrin - Because almost any fantasy story/game/etc. has high elves and wood elves because it doesn't mesh to me that the wizards in their ivory towers are the same race as the hippies in the woods
Dragonborn - My personal favorite and a big flag that says "this edition is 4E friendly!" DB were chosen for 4E because there were so many popular dragon and lizard-man races in 3.5
Tiefling - I think they are a good choice because they were popular in 3.5 and 4E, they make good anti-heroes

And I wouldn't mind having Drow, Half-Orcs, Orcs, Shifters, or Warforged.
I just wondered what everyone thought the new core races should be for DnDN, I wish we could do full-fledged polls that you didn't have to track manually. Here's my vote for the races and the reasons why:

Humans - Always been in the game
Dwarves - Same as above
Halflings - Same as above, I thought their flavor in 4E really set them apart
Half-Elves - Same as above
Gnomes - Because not having them in 4E upset a lot of people and 4E also gave them their own unique identity
Elves - As a seperate race from Eladrin
Eladrin - Because almost any fantasy story/game/etc. has high elves and wood elves because it doesn't mesh to me that the wizards in their ivory towers are the same race as the hippies in the woods
Dragonborn - My personal favorite and a big flag that says "this edition is 4E friendly!" DB were chosen for 4E because there were so many popular dragon and lizard-man races in 3.5
Tiefling - I think they are a good choice because they were popular in 3.5 and 4E, they make good anti-heroes

And I wouldn't mind having Drow, Half-Orcs, Orcs, Shifters, or Warforged.

if I had to choose the the 8 core races:

1. Humans

2. Elves

3. Half Elves

4. Eladrin

5. Dwarves

6. Halflings

7. Tieflings

8. Goliaths/Half Giants - Always liked having the big brute type, like Andrea the Giant from Princess Bride.

Ant Farm
I liked someone's idea elsewhere about putting every race that has appeared in an edition's core Player's Handbook, to cover every base.

If I could tweak it, here are some things I'd be tempted to do:

• Replace Half-Orc with just Orc.

• Merge Elf and Eladrin back together. Just specify wood or high just being different cultures, like humans have.

Overall, I think they need to, at least, fill some basic archetypes. Have something elf-like, something dwarf-like, something like halfling or gnome (though having both is fine). At least fill the basics. After that, I really would like to see some variety though, like what Dragonborn and Tiefling did for 4th. Though if Tiefling is there, I hope to see a Deva/Aasimar equivalent to fill mirrored fiendish/celestial racial slots. Something elemental might be cool, like Genasi (though maybe renamed to be more obvious, unlike the Eladrin problem). Something bestial again like Dragonborn, Minotaur, or Shifters work too. That's definitely a basic fantasy archetype that's had iffy representation.

That's for what I think they should do, at least. There are other things I'd like to see, but it would just be a bonus if Wizards did it, not something I'm aiming for. Ogres for one. I always like ogres. I also think it would be neat if they braved something different, like Centaur. They've been a fantasy staple since Ancient Greece, but in recent years the difficulty in translating them to games (where you need them to do the same things as light, bipedal races) seems to have made people shy away from them.

For the basic/starter box, the big four:
Human
Dwarf
Halfling
Elf(includes Eladrin and Drow)

In the players options book:
Orc (iconic, if sometimes "evil")
Shifters/Hengeyokai/Catfolk (collectively, seems a pretty popular archetype)
Warforged (a favorite D&D specific race)
Dragonborn/Kobold (make it like the relationship between Hobgoblins and Goblins)
Half-race rules
I'd say the more races the merrier. 

I'd like to see some core races from the older versions (with variations) plus a big cast of new races.

• Humans (for when you wanna play something familiar).

• Elves (and three variaties seems like a fair amount).

• Halflings (for when people wanna play Frodo).

• Dwarves (cus they drink lots of ale and are cool).

• Orcs (everyone else got orcs).

• Gnomes (i kinda missed them in 4E).

• Planetouched (tieflings and asimar, maybe more).

• Elementaltouched (the genasi as an example).

• Half-race template/hybrid (the ability to mix different races and not just be half-humans).

• Dragonborn (everybody loves dragons, and I thought it was cool to roleplay one).

• More races, more options, more fun.

I'm not familiar with Eberron or Faerun Specific races beside the genasi, so I dunno if I could vote for shifters or Warforged. But like I said earlier, BRING 'EM. The larger the cast, the more divercity can be accomplished. 

Please make an effort to make ALL the races somewhat interesting and different from each other. 90% of characters I've ever seen have been humans, or played like a human, and that wasn't very interesting in the long run. Oh, and scaling racial powers is awesome sauce. Just make sure they scale more often than every tenth level or so. 
In keeping with the modular design philosophy why not have a race book, or box that has all the races that have appeared in D&D?

Kalex the Omen 
Dungeonmaster Extraordinaire

OSR Fan? Our Big Announcement™ is here!

Please join our forums!

Concerning Player Rules Bias
Kalex_the_Omen wrote:
Gaining victory through rules bias is a hollow victory and they know it.
Concerning "Default" Rules
Kalex_the_Omen wrote:
The argument goes, that some idiot at the table might claim that because there is a "default" that is the only true way to play D&D. An idiotic misconception that should be quite easy to disprove just by reading the rules, coming to these forums, or sending a quick note off to Customer Support and sharing the inevitable response with the group. BTW, I'm not just talking about Next when I say this. Of course, D&D has always been this way since at least the late 70's when I began playing.

IMHO I'd start only with the Big 4 (Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling) and same for the Classes (Fighter, Wizard, Thief and Cleric): all other Races in future Supplements.

I'd also give some rules about Race Customization, in order for everyone to build his favourite Race.
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Kingdom of Blackmoor against all enemies, foreign and domestic. That I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same. That I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion. And that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter. So help me Odir.

I'd like, 

Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Orc, Goblin, Minotaur, Warforged.

I'd also like to see a run down of how to apply a few basic templates to races. "Halfbreed" "Vampiric" "Lycanthrope" and "Tiefling" should all be templates. Halfbreed would cover half orcs, and give a system to do others. Vampiric would cover making a human vampire. Lycanthropes would give the rules in a vein to 3.5. "pick an animal, apply this template to a base race." Tiefling should be a template applied to any race, as a sort of "cursed of the gods" template. 

I'd also like to see any sentient race written up in the MM near its monster entry. 

"In a way, you are worse than Krusk"

"Can't say enough how much I agree with Krusk"

"Your advice is the worst"

In keeping with the modular design philosophy why not have a race book, or box that has all the races that have appeared in D&D?

Might put players into an awkward position for Players. Instead of buying just the player's handbook they have to now buy "Race" and "Class" Compendiums.

I like the idea, though I am not sure how people would receive it. 
Ant Farm

Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Ork, to me these are the basic races of the players hand book anything else is extra. I think for example that the number and verity of elves is out of hand. I would like to see additional player races presented by setting so Warforged for ebberon and Drow for forgotten realms. My issue is that the more exotic a race gets the more difficult it is to roll play well so I am not in favor of lots of exotic races for player characters.

Probably the base list:

Humans - Because, well, they're easiest to relate to and classic.
Dwarves - Stumpy, Grumpy and Frumpy
Elves - Hate them but they're kind of a given. (can include Eladrin and Drow)
Halflings - Short people got, lots of reasons......
Gnomes - ...short people got, lots of reasons to be.....
Half-Elves - Kind of hard to not include
Genasi - Elemental beings
Deva - Astral/planar-touched beings
Tieflings - lower plane-touched beings
Dragonborn - Dragonpeeps
Warforged - PC Constructs

I'd like, 

Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Orc, Goblin, Minotaur, Warforged.

I'd also like to see a run down of how to apply a few basic templates to races. "Halfbreed" "Vampiric" "Lycanthrope" and "Tiefling" should all be templates. Halfbreed would cover half orcs, and give a system to do others. Vampiric would cover making a human vampire. Lycanthropes would give the rules in a vein to 3.5. "pick an animal, apply this template to a base race." Tiefling should be a template applied to any race, as a sort of "cursed of the gods" template. 

I'd also like to see any sentient race written up in the MM near its monster entry. 

Not just no, but HELL NO! The death of "Humans in funny suits" template system should remain dead & buried.

Also, skip all the monster "races" as they wouldn't get proper support.
IMHO I'd start only with the Big 4 (Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling) and same for the Classes (Fighter, Wizard, Thief and Cleric): all other Races in future Supplements.

I hope 5th isn't all about the "future supplements".  Like making the gnome and druid PH2 material.  Obvious greed is obvious.

Human - 'cause
Elf (all) - why can't there be different elves, there are different humans?  Different elves always seemed to be more about min maxing than annnnything else.
Halfling - hobbits
Dwarves - why can't there be different dwarves?
Gnomes - I'm a fan, especially the pupilless creepy kind from 4e
Half-Elves - not a fan of the "distinct race", why can't humans love elves?
Half-Orcs -  why can't humans love orcs?  This is the I want to be chased around town by a mob with pitchforks race, you don't need anymore.

Classics, really.  In earlier editions, the character races represented the good guys.  I think 5th should return to that core, with an optional module to play evil races.

I don't get the humans did it with all these other races and now there are Half-Everythings.  This seems like your diluting the game.  Play a Werewolf, not a Shifter.  Play a Doppelganger, not a whatever the Half-Doppleganger was called.  It's like you want to be cool, but the rules won't let you but they will let you be Half-cool.  Weak.

I also think some races should be campaign setting based.  Warforged are awesome, but they are not core.  Half-Golem?  Dragonborn should go back to Dragonlance, imo.  Not Half-Dragons.

And why aren't the elves doing it with the dwarves... halflings?

I would add templates or some other modular component to make all the Half-races.

Elementals are cool, but Genasi always seemed like Half-Elementals.  Why can't an Elf take an Elemental template.

Or a human take a demonic template and get a Tiefling.  It could even be a "My mother was a..." template.

Every 3.5 and 4E race seems like a Half-something you would actually want to play.
I'd also like to see a run down of how to apply a few basic templates to races.

Not just no, but HELL NO! The death of "Humans in funny suits" template system should remain dead & buried.

Was writing when you posted this, lol.

Deva
Dragonborn
Changeling
Genasi
Human
Minotaur
Plant-Race (New)
Thri-Kreen
Tiefling
Warforged

Why, yes, as a matter of fact I am the Unfailing Arbiter of All That Is Good Design (Even More So Than The Actual Developers) TM Speaking of things that were badly designed, please check out this thread for my Minotaur fix. What have the critics said, you ask? "If any of my players ask to play a Minotaur, I'm definitely offering this as an alternative to the official version." - EmpactWB "If I ever feel like playing a Minotaur I'll know where to look!" - Undrave "WoTC if you are reading this - please take this guy's advice." - Ferol_Debtor_of_Torm "Really full of win. A minotaur that is actually attractive for more than just melee classes." - Cpt_Micha Also, check out my recent GENASI variant! If you've ever wished that your Fire Genasi could actually set stuff on fire, your Water Genasi could actually swim, or your Wind Genasi could at least glide, then look no further. Finally, check out my OPTIONS FOR EVERYONE article, an effort to give unique support to the races that WotC keeps forgetting about. Includes new racial feature options for the Changeling, Deva, Githzerai, Gnoll, Gnome, Goliath, Half-Orc, Kalashtar, Minotaur, Shadar-Kai, Thri-Kreen, Warforged and more!
I think the base system should just have the same races as AD&D to satisfy the grognards.

Human
Elf
Dwarf
Halfling
Gnome
Half-Elf
Half-Orc

To this list I think it would be fine to add 1 more "newer" race to the mix, be it Dragonborn or Tiefling.

Not just no, but HELL NO! The death of "Humans in funny suits" template system should remain dead & buried. .

I seriously don't know what you are refering to. Templates? Previous editions they didn't work well, but this is an unknown future system where we can assume it does mechanically work. 

I think templates are the easiest/best way to do things like vampires, werewolves, elemental dudes, giant versions of normal stuff, and the like. 

How would you suggest doing things like vampirisim? If you include it as an option it WILL be super popular even if you personally hate it. If you don't include it as an option, it WILL lead to hundreds of house rules. Why not include it in the system so it works nicely. 

"In a way, you are worse than Krusk"

"Can't say enough how much I agree with Krusk"

"Your advice is the worst"

What should the core races be?

All of them and none of them.

Or, to put it more precisely, there are fans of all of the races and detractors to all of the races. Some people want to stick to straight Tolkeinesque races. Humans, Elves, Hobbits (hairy feet and all), and Dwarves. Period, and done. Other people want to tear down the over reliance on those races and have something new and interesting become Core and leave the old racial stereotypes in the dirt.

I will admit, I have an active dislike for Deva, am ambivilant towards shardmind and wilden (as well as a few others), and actively like tieflings and drow. Should my "racial preferences" decide what is in 5e?

No. And neither should anyone elses. One of the good things about 4e is the variety in races now that its a bit older. Some races may be lame, other races awesome, but none of them need to be removed from the game completely.
I_Roll_20s @twitter. Not always SFW. I may prefer 4e, but I will play and enjoy almost any edition, and indeed almost any table top RPG, with my friends. Down with Edition Wars. Shut up and roll your dice. :P
Should my "racial preferences" decide what is in 5e?
No. And neither should anyone elses.

Half true. Your preferences certainly shouldn't be given special consideration, but my opinions are different because they're better than everybody else's opinions. Tongue Out

Why, yes, as a matter of fact I am the Unfailing Arbiter of All That Is Good Design (Even More So Than The Actual Developers) TM Speaking of things that were badly designed, please check out this thread for my Minotaur fix. What have the critics said, you ask? "If any of my players ask to play a Minotaur, I'm definitely offering this as an alternative to the official version." - EmpactWB "If I ever feel like playing a Minotaur I'll know where to look!" - Undrave "WoTC if you are reading this - please take this guy's advice." - Ferol_Debtor_of_Torm "Really full of win. A minotaur that is actually attractive for more than just melee classes." - Cpt_Micha Also, check out my recent GENASI variant! If you've ever wished that your Fire Genasi could actually set stuff on fire, your Water Genasi could actually swim, or your Wind Genasi could at least glide, then look no further. Finally, check out my OPTIONS FOR EVERYONE article, an effort to give unique support to the races that WotC keeps forgetting about. Includes new racial feature options for the Changeling, Deva, Githzerai, Gnoll, Gnome, Goliath, Half-Orc, Kalashtar, Minotaur, Shadar-Kai, Thri-Kreen, Warforged and more!
From the races mentioned by the OP, I would keep Humans, Dwarves, Halflings, Gnomes, and Elves. Half-elves and half-orcs would be presented in the MM. 

For that matter, any intelligent race in the MM should be presented in a manner which allows their use as a PC race. So the core 5 plus half-races could be supplemented with monsters, awakened animals, intelligent undead, constructs, and the like.

Human
Elf-- Merge Eildoran back in . Make several seperate cultures.
Dwarf--fine
Halfling--de kenderize re hobbitize
Gnome--fine
Half-Elf and Half-Orc-- No nations of either. Make them rare and unique individuals with unique abilities. Less pigeonholeing, for example, the social half elf made absolutely no sense and should be dropped. Yes, you could see some half elves being social because they worked hard to fit in a world they did not naturally fit into is fine for some, but there should be just as many social rejects. Tanis half elf/second edition made sense. So does Paizo's take on the race. Half Orcs simularly shouldn't be mechanically pigeonholed into warriors, though while I don't mind flavor, it should be mechanically viable to make a half orc Wizard or Bard.

As for dragon whatever, tieflings or war forged etc,  they are fine if you wish to play them, but should not be core.

Should my "racial preferences" decide what is in 5e?
No. And neither should anyone elses.

Half true. Your preferences certainly shouldn't be given special consideration, but my opinions are different because they're better than everybody else's opinions.

Your mistaken. That's me. My opinions are different  and obviously right.Laughing

I am starting to think that a player’s guide to races may be a good idea. I would rather have a good solid group of playable races with a consistent set of rules then a hodgepodge templates and players trying to play every monster under the sun as a pc race. Some monster PCs are going to happen Vampires Weir wolf’s etcetera but I don’t think every monster in the game is appropriate for a PC. I don’t want a level 20 kraken bard in my campaign, the other DM allowed it lol. Savage Species never worked in 3.5 and was one of the few books I banned from my table.

I hope 5th isn't all about the "future supplements".  Like making the gnome and druid PH2 material.  Obvious greed is obvious.

That's why I've talked about some Race Construction Rules, in my post.
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Kingdom of Blackmoor against all enemies, foreign and domestic. That I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same. That I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion. And that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter. So help me Odir.
I like the idea of having a handful of the most iconic races in the core set, then expanding with a book of 'exotic' races. The starting line-up would most likely be: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Gnome and Half-Elf. Then you could put out a race book with the Half-Orc, Tiefling, Eladrin, Dragonborn, Warforged, Shifter, Deva, Changeling, Drow, Genasi, Goliath, Orc, Goblin, Revenant, Shadar-Kai, Thri-Kreen, Vryloka, Kalashtar, Githzerai and Githyanki. That would be twenty more races, and enough to fill an entire hardback with lots of info, history, variants and so on. Later on, I suppose you could put out another book with more obscure races like Kenku, Duergar and the like. 
I feel that any race that could be applied to other races outside of Half Races, should be tied to themes. 

Ie. I am not a Human Fighter, I am a human Fighter thats also a vampire.

Ie. I am not a Gnome Mage, I am a Gnome Mage who is also a Werewolf.

Ie. I am not a Werewolf Druid, I am a teifling druid who happen to go into the woods and use change shape.

Keeps things a bit easier to keep track of in my opinion, espesially when people want to play a vampire that uses fire balls or something that wasn't in the Vampire Class that came out in Heroes of Shadow.
Ant Farm
I feel that any race that could be applied to other races outside of Half Races, should be tied to themes. 

Ie. I am not a Human Fighter, I am a human Fighter thats also a vampire.

Ie. I am not a Gnome Mage, I am a Gnome Mage who is also a Werewolf.

Ie. I am not a Werewolf Druid, I am a teifling druid who happen to go into the woods and use change shape.

Keeps things a bit easier to keep track of in my opinion, espesially when people want to play a vampire that uses fire balls or something that wasn't in the Vampire Class that came out in Heroes of Shadow.

So, like themes are now? Only, some themes may give you basic stat bonuses while other themes open up powers? Or both?
I_Roll_20s @twitter. Not always SFW. I may prefer 4e, but I will play and enjoy almost any edition, and indeed almost any table top RPG, with my friends. Down with Edition Wars. Shut up and roll your dice. :P
I'm more of a traditionalist in this matter, but I have played lots of non-traditional races too. I vote for Human, elf, dwarf, halfling, gnome, half-elf & half-orc for the core races. I don't like the eladrin name, but I like what they did to make the elf variant less subtle, so they can go in too.

I played a dragonborn for 9 levels. Loved it. Alas, they are not in. They should go into another book (PH2 maybe) along with tielfling and some of the other popular ones.
-Human
-Elf
-Hafl-elf
-Dwarf
-Halfling
-Gnome
Personally, I think the PHB should include a good variety of choices but make it very clear that all races are optional and might not appear in a given campaign (Homebrew or bought).

If the above "optional" stance is not an option, then only include the classic races: Human, Elf, Dwarf, and Halfling.  The reason for this is simple:  It is easier to add a race to a campaign than ban an existing one.  Use future suppliments to add races in this case to allow DM's the ability to pick and choose what goes into the game.

Take 4e as an example.  Eldarin, Tiefling and Dragonborn were made core races.  This played havoc with existing campaigns that did not have these races in them, and made every GM who wanted a "traditional" campaign into bad guys, "Why can't I play a Dragonborn, it is on the cover?"

That is why I support a PHB with racial varieties like Dragonborn, but emphasizes the idea that the actual races played will vary from campaign to campaign. 

I also like the idea of templates/ancestries/bloodlines (whatever you want to call them) in that a Dragonborn might not fit in a given campaign, but the abilities of one could be given to a race that does fit in the campaign (a human for example) allowing players of a limited race campaign a greater measure of choice.
So, like themes are now? Only, some themes may give you basic stat bonuses while other themes open up powers? Or both?

Probably, the idea is mainly so that players can utilize multiple character concepts that might not fit into a class or race category. Probably give both abilities and stat bonuses.

Possible example:

• Vampire - Bluff/Diplomacy/History Bonus, Vampire once per turn can feed off a willing target to grant a healing surge

• Werewolf - Intimidate/Athletics/Acrobatics, Werewolf can change form to grant natural weapons.

Ant Farm
I think the base system should just have the same races as AD&D to satisfy the grognards.

Human
Elf
Dwarf
Halfling
Gnome
Half-Elf
Half-Orc

To this list I think it would be fine to add 1 more "newer" race to the mix, be it Dragonborn or Tiefling.

I'd agree with that, but I'd replace half-orc with regular orc. Half-elves are already a waste of space since they're basically just played as humans or elves anyways. However they've always been around, so /shrug.

On the other hand, orcs have gained a lot of traction as the warrior culture/noble savage archetype in recent years. Ditching the "half" part throws out the suggestion of ****, which has always been unnecessary half-orc baggage.

Given that now you have the warrior culture race filled by pure orc, I'd relfavor dragonborn somewhat, emphasize their fallen empire status. I do think you need a non-Tolkein race in there to mix it up. 

IMO, Tieflings or Eladrin could just be humans and elves with racial powers, feats, or themes. Pretty much like heritage feats work now.
I would like to have just a few core races but yet have each of them have different subraces/cultures.

Elves.  Have it include, wood, wild, high, and drow.

Dwarves.  Have it include standard dwarf, gnome and halfling.  They are all short races, might as well lump them up and explain them as different adaptations to environments.

Humans.  Standard but with  the half orc and half elf as having elvish or orcish bloodlines.  Even shifters would fit in nicely here,

Planars.  Devas, tieflings, githzerai, shadar kai could all fall into this catch all catergory.

Have a few races with room to add more subraces with expansion.

Also, keep away from the monsters as PCs.  Wait a year or two before flooding the game with them.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/26.jpg)

Here's how I'd do it.
Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, Half-Orcs- Because those are the classics and have their own nitches
Tinker Gnomes- Because they are the best gnomes. No seriously, out of all the attempts at giving the gnomes a unique racial identity, I'd say that Tinker Gnomes are the most fun.
Tieflings, Dragonborn- For the people who liked 4e
Warforged- Because they're iconic, and would probably be very popular with new players (I mean, who doesn't like magic robots), though it would help for most campaigns to say that in places like Greyhawk and Toril they're usually one-off creations by powerful wizards
Changelings- Because in my poll on Freak races people wanted in 5e, they were the 4th most popular (After Dragonborn, Tieflings and Warforged).
Thri-Keen- They're odd enough to be interesting, but mundane enough in their powers to be somewhat "normal". Plus, they are quite iconic to D&D
A new race- Because 5e should at least bring something new to the table

I think there should be twelve races in the PHB, because if 5e is to satisfy everyone they should both have all the "Tolkinean" races the Grognards want but also all the races the people who like playing "Freaks" want.
    I think that the Hengeyokai should be a core race for the game inorder to provide a furry set of races.    So far they keep getting intruduce close to the end of the game, before a new version comes out..  and those of us who like playing furry races get tired of that.

It would be fairly easy for them to include the Hengeyokai as a FeyWild race, like the elves.

Boojum the brown bunny
I don't get why nobody considers the Thri-Keen a "furry" race. I mean, they're anthropomorphic praying mantises for god's sake!
I don't get why nobody considers the Thri-Keen a "furry" race. I mean, they're anthropomorphic praying mantises for god's sake!

Well, speaking from personal definitions ... I'd pin it on a complete and total absence of fur.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.

While technically they fall under the furry umbrella, there isnt evedn a word for bog anthros... unlike Scalies or Featheries.

Though I have played one. Was fun. :3
The fact their also a really old race of D&D probably makes them magically exempt too.

They're so old most people don't realize they were in FR before DS even existed.  

While technically they fall under the furry umbrella, there isnt evedn a word for bog anthros... unlike Scalies or Featheries.

Chitinies perhaps?

Chitinies perhaps?

Or just Buglies...