Combat Expertise

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
does it exist in 4e? or was it renamed and i just cant find it....
If that was the 'penalty to attack rolls, bonus to AC feat', then no, there's really nothing comparable to it in 4e that I've come across.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Your only option to improve your defenses temporarily in 4E is to give up your attack and take a defensive action (standard).

Poe's Law is alive and well.

Maybe i had the name of the feat wrong too, im looking for the feat that gives extra opportunity attacks per round
That would be Combat Reflexes.

There's nothing like that in 4e, but there doesn't need to be.  You can take one opportunity attack per turn (as in, each combatant's individual turns), not per round (initiative cycle).

If your fighter is standing in a corridor and 100 orcs attempt to rush past him, he gets 100 opportunity attacks, one on each orc's turn.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.

There's nothing like that in 4e, but there doesn't need to be.  You can take one opportunity attack per turn (as in, each combatant's individual turns), not per round (initiative cycle).

If your fighter is standing in a corridor and 100 orcs attempt to rush past him, he gets 100 opportunity attacks, one on each orc's turn.

if I was the ork at the end of the line I would be" Why do we keep running past that guy he keeps killing us..can we just kill him instead"

if I was the ork at the end of the line I would be" Why do we keep running past that guy he keeps killing us..can we just kill him instead"

And thus was born the quintessential readied action exploit...

Returned from hiatus; getting up to speed on 5e rules lawyering.

ok thanks, im building a spear fighter. Using feats, and the Weapon Master at-will i can effectively pin everything around me or shift to him if he gets away.
There is at least one fortune card and one epic lv feat that allow more then one immediate action ( the other powers that are kind of like an opritunity attack )

These could make you even better at locking down your enemies. 
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
Sign In to post comments