I can't stress this enough...

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
I want to see the new d&d minis. Help me out. what new miniatures are in the works? I need to know, WotC
I want to see the new d&d minis. Help me out. what new miniatures are in the works? I need to know, WotC

Wish granted!

www.wizards.com/dnd/Product.aspx?x=dnd/p...

www.wizards.com/dnd/Product.aspx?x=dnd/p...

hot dawg! when're these whipper snappers comin' out?!
also... ran across this somewhere, any of the info accurate?

Amazon has posted three items in the line of non-random DDM packs for their new card-based skirmish game, with a MSRP of $39.99.

The first two are scheduled for release on July 17th:

Dungeon Command: Drow: A Dungeons & Dragons Expansion Pack (D&D Miniatures Product)

Dungeon Command: Heroes: A Dungeons & Dragons Expansion Pack (D&D Miniatures Product)

with a third pack scheduled for August 21st

Dungeon Command: Goblins: A Dungeons & Dragons Expansion Pack (D&D Miniatures Product)

There aren't any pictures or product details, but at least now we have a general idea of when they will be coming out.
Those are the same products. Amazon just didn't have the correct names.
Those are the same products. Amazon just didn't have the correct names.

Alright that's good to know! are the dates for when they're to be available correct? oh yeah... ANYONE got some PICTURES ?)

The playtest rules can give you a good list of which miniatures might get made (likely reprints).
The playtest rules can give you a good list of which miniatures might get made (likely reprints).

If that's the case, right here right now... I'm gonna beg WotC for a sculpting job because I'm sick of seeing minis that were released years ago being remade and repainted. Like it's not bad, but I just feel like it shows a lack of dedication to the community who collects miniatures as well as the community that plays dungeons and dragons.

right here right now... I'm gonna beg WotC for a sculpting job
... I'm sick of seeing minis that were released years ago
... it shows a lack of dedication

I do not think beg means what you think it means.

why do you say that?
If that's the case, right here right now... I'm gonna beg WotC for a sculpting job because I'm sick of seeing minis that were released years ago being remade and repainted. Like it's not bad, but I just feel like it shows a lack of dedication to the community who collects miniatures as well as the community that plays dungeons and dragons.

I disagree. I think it is more important to have basic minis that are always available for the RPG crowd, rather than having constantly new sculpts.

Back when DDM was a collectible game, each new sculpt came with a new stat card. And, players didn't want to buy packs that contained old sculpts. But Dungeon Command has ditched the randomized collectible aspect, in favor of making packs of widely needed minis.

Honestly I hope they go with a split model, where there is a "base set" of minis that never go out of print - stuff like orcs and displacer beasts- along with boosters for lesser used or more unique pieces.
Dungeon Command has been confirmed to contain both new and Previously-released sculpts.
well hey thanks for letting me know. it would be nice if they could just have miniatures forever that don't go out of print. But yeah some random boosters for rad unique critters would be great too!