No news about the fate of A&A minis

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sigh!   

I love this game
C students rule the world!
lol...I'm just starting to get into it; reading the Advanced rule book now  Laughing.
PzrLehr

You'll Love it.  Whether you play a points game, a great Historical scenario or recreate your own you are going to have a lot of fun with AAM.

Be sure to post your thoughts or any questions.  We've been playing so long it's getting hard to come up with new topics.  It would be great to revist the things we talked about when the game was new to us.

At the house here Axis and Allies Minitures took a back seat to WaS and Angels 20 for awhile.  My son and GF started bugging me about it so were back at it pretty hard with a little running tournament.  I'm currently in third place.  Embarassed

Welcome to Forums PzrLehr!

GW
Your Avalon Hill VCL 0c9b9c4639e3c9294f5e1f424cee47a3.jpg?v=42600
Good news guys! The game doesn't end when they stop making expansions. Its scale and smooth play will ensure it lives on in legend. So no more frettin about the end of the end of boosters it has to happen sometime and the game will live on.Cool   My prediction is it will become more popular after the enevitable end in production, whenever that is, besides isn't the world ending sometime soon?Laughing

Cheers
Ober
The potentcy of the 88 was that it was present, in reasonable numbers, when it was needed, They had them. We did not. And anything an enemy has which makes life unpleasant for you tends to earn a larger-than-life reputation. Ian Hogg IMAGE(http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu197/obermasterfuhrer/Axis%20and%20Allies/Resignationsig2.jpg)A&A Underground AAM Database
Good news guys! The game doesn't end when they stop making expansions. Its scale and smooth play will ensure it lives on in legend. So no more frettin about the end of the end of boosters it has to happen sometime and the game will live on.   My prediction is it will become more popular after the enevitable end in production, whenever that is, besides isn't the world ending sometime soon?

Cheers
Ober

Yeah. We've still been making custom cards, scenarios, maps,  Ober made the Database, and other things to keep the game going. Just because they will stop making expansions doesn't mean the game will end. Let's just go write a scenario or create a map.
All German Campaign Scenarios in one place! http://aaminisgermancampaign.webs.com/
Dont forget Panzerpainter still makes customs to order in either V1 or V2 scale

GW
Hey guys,
 I just realized something, I'm reading the "Adavanced" rule book, should I be reading the "Expanded" rule book and also reading errata from somewhere?

I also noticed the Pak 38 is actually a Pak 36...lol, I wonder if the picture is wrong?  Tongue Out

Alex
The expanded rules play better than the origional set, IMO they are more realistic but in the end its your choice, its all good. The Eastern Front Pak 38 was revised to a Pak 35/36 which gave us a new early war unit rather than a reprint. Nice save WotC!

Theres a ton of content out there in the forums to keep this game going on forever. There's a group working on new terrain tiles for AAM as we speak. Dano and PP are constantly adding new units and 3d terrain to the game. The list just goes on and on.........

For those who crave the older mini's 12/7 games is in the process of a complete restock of their singles minis for all 3 WotC games. Cool stuff did the same thing about 3 weeks ago and everything sold in a matter of days. I got in quick and stocked up on set 1 and 2 of WaS and got some rare and cool ships for a reasonable price.

Game on....
Ober
The potentcy of the 88 was that it was present, in reasonable numbers, when it was needed, They had them. We did not. And anything an enemy has which makes life unpleasant for you tends to earn a larger-than-life reputation. Ian Hogg IMAGE(http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu197/obermasterfuhrer/Axis%20and%20Allies/Resignationsig2.jpg)A&A Underground AAM Database
PzrLehr, you actualy have to learn the advanced rules and master them first. That will make the transition to expanded rules much smoother.

The nice thing about the expanded rules is you can pick and choose which ones you want to use. All some or none. I generaly only use them for Historical scenarios. Lethal Defensive, Grazing Fire and Over Watch are great in defensive scenarios where a small force with MGs and ATGs can actualy stand against against a much larger force.

But as I say get the advanced rules down pat first. It will help you make good "on the spot" judgment calls when you hit a grey area during play.

GW
Ok cool...thank you guy's   Laughing

Alex

Update: Actually that Pak 35/36 card is wrong too, the picture is a Pak 38...lol.
Check out the AAM Database, it has images of the exact mini's so theres no guessing.

www.tintirinti.com/search_AAM.aspx
That's just a picture of the playing piece (which is a Pak 36), however the actual card just has a silhouette of a Pak 38. Same thing with the Pak 38 card, it has a drawing of a Pak 36. My only question is; what is incorrect, the images or the stats? 
Ironic isn't it? The sculp is actualy actualy a Pak 35/36, The Pak 38 drawn picture is a Pak 35/36. The. Silohette is on the Pak 35/36 car is a Pak 38. Clear as mud right?

GW
hehe...Laughing. No Problem on that, I was just wondering. The more I read, the more excited I'm getting...like a dog!!  rofl!  Tongue Out.
  I was invited to a local gaming group to play in a few weeks, and I can't wait!! 

I think I'm hooked. 

ty guy's
  Alex
It took us a few years to catch the Pak 38 error
I hope qou are quicker to put out a new set ;)
...,... and Rock'n Roll - but Minis are fun too...
So we are nearly halfway into May now.

Is there any word on the newest set at all?

Undecided

Since I now have over 10,210 points for army builds (yes, 102 times 100 pt armies) I thought it was time for a promotion.
Sign In to post comments